A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Who's Looking Forward to DA:I

Who's Looking Forward to DA:I

Postby TheJackinati275 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:35 am

I am stoked for Dragon Age Inquisition, once i play it, i have the feeling that i will be playing it for weeks... months even...

I cannot wait to kill dragons, bone my companions and fuck around with the politics!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Who's Looking Forward to DA:I

Postby Metzger » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:47 pm

I was slightly optimistic about DA:I then I heard it the fighting mechanic was compared to DA2 and the optimism faded away. did I mention I dislike Dragon Age 2??
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:04 am

Who didn't dislike Dragon Age two

as to Dragon Age Inquisition, i am quite optimistic, although i hope it is justified when i go and play it when it comes out.
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby Metzger » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 am

here is my thing that I would like for Da:I

1 No hipster Qunari, wizard of Oz darkspawn, nor any na'vi elves
2. No dumb-ass lyrium juggling as Hawke did during DA2 (a theory of mine is that most of DA2 took place inside Hawkes mind as he/she succumbs to lyrium poisoning)
3. A better over all conflict, the conflict in DA2 was trying to be grey vs grey, but in the end it was clear we were expected to sympathise with the mages
4. In DA:O the weapons had weight and most of the armours were practical (the weapons too), in DA 2 the weapons were light as a feather during combat (I believe one combat move as a warrior was to jump high in the air and then slam the ground with your pommel) and both the weapons and the armours were designed to look "cewl" instead of practical
5. Emo Anders was a flat character, and hopefully he's long dead in DA:I, he had no motivation for joining himself with Justice, if you played through Awakening you would know that the deepest conversation between Justice and Anders, was when Anders asked if Justice had a working penis...so yeah one could really see why they joined :B

all of this I hope they have fixed to some degree, and instead of having pre-ordered the game, I will wait until there will come an Ultimate edition or something similar (of course I will listen to what the reviews says about it too)
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lt Anders » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:47 am

Oh never saw this part of forums!

I'll wait. After ME3 and the sad DA2...I'll let BW prove that it's not hype and is a real game.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Whizzard » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

Dragon Age Kyorl'solenurn Inquisition? Slay demons and seal nether gates? Yeah, I play it. And I like it. Glitchy as hell movement and super speedy flying pantaloons, but gliches are the spice of gaming, they make serious situations funny as hell. XD
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Metzger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Lt Anders wrote:Oh never saw this part of forums!

I'll wait. After ME3 and the sad DA2...I'll let BW prove that it's not hype and is a real game.

my first reaction too
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lt Anders » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Metzger wrote:
Lt Anders wrote:Oh never saw this part of forums!

my first reaction too

Oh boy.

Saw the PC version. They totally just ported it from a console release. As is evidenced by the lets play I was watching. 2 episodes of KB+M and then he switches to controller: " OMG So much better".

Not going to buy it until they enable keybindings. The metacritic for it got nuked hard(5.8) as a PC title. It's mainly cause it's a crappy port that should have been done. Oh, and it's DRM loaded. Guess I'll pirate it to prove a point XD
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Whizzard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm

I have to object, it's not a bad port. It runs well even on my dinosaur and I have no bad words for M+KB controls. The game is fantastic, in fact. The atmosphere, the hand crafted world, the beautiful sights, the great story, the great characters ("Mother pushbucket frigging bastard shitebag pissface! Eat it, you lop-eared, son of an arse-nut rot-suck piece of...ugh!"), great customization, great, very very lethal, dragons...

In fact, i daresay, better than Skyrim in every aspect.

PS Never ever read what metacritic says as the only two buttons that 90% of "reviewers" only know is two buttons: 0 and 10. And on Metacritic the users are almost evenly split. Which guess what, rounds up to 5. Go figure.

If you asked me to score DAI, I'd say out of 0 to 10, I rate it a solid "I'm loving it so far".
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm wondering how's the combat working, in Dragon Age Origins it was good, true some people thought the combat was too slow, but for me, there was nothing wrong with it, and it felt realistic.
Then came DA2 and suddenly combat was all "press attack to win, and if it's too difficult for you, just press the special attack buttons until you win" not even the boss fights were challenging, the Arishok in his hipster moron glory was challenging.

or to make a short version

DA:O= Combat system that requires you to think before attacking, and many times to plan ahead.

Da2= Combat system requires you to have fingers
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Whizzard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Well, I play on Normal and a demon possessed boar charged through my party, instakilling half of us.

On another time, I met a dragon, dragon spat out a ball of fire, there was an explosion, everyone was dead.

Still, it depends on difficulty level. Easy is DA2, Normal is something in between, Hard is Da: O on normal and Very hard is DA:O on Hard. Of tactical options you have the option to protect your allies with a shield if you are a mage, but warrior has a special ability as well that protects from damage. You can also combine spells and abilities for special effects like in DA:O. It can be as hard as you want it to be, but just know, it probably isn't as hard as DA:O.

But I don't know if you know, but a few weeks after release, DA:O was actually patched to be easier. For a few weeks even on Easy DA:O was effin hard.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 pm

well that sounds promising
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lt Anders » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am

Whizzard wrote:I have to object, it's not a bad port. It runs well even on my dinosaur and I have no bad words for M+KB controls. The game is fantastic, in fact. The atmosphere, the hand crafted world, the beautiful sights, the great story, the great characters ("Mother pushbucket frigging bastard shitebag pissface! Eat it, you lop-eared, son of an arse-nut rot-suck piece of...ugh!"), great customization, great, very very lethal, dragons...

In fact, i daresay, better than Skyrim in every aspect.

PS Never ever read what metacritic says as the only two buttons that 90% of "reviewers" only know is two buttons: 0 and 10. And on Metacritic the users are almost evenly split. Which guess what, rounds up to 5. Go figure.

If you asked me to score DAI, I'd say out of 0 to 10, I rate it a solid "I'm loving it so far".

Shouldn't be a port, honestly. I swore after the abysmal failure of ME3 that I'm going to give bioware games a good, good through look through before buying. And, I'm happy I did. DA:O was great(never found it to be hard, though when I went to replay it, it felt way, way harder than before.) but the combat system is utterly shit. Don't care how good a story it is(and from what I've seen, it looks lacking, but that's only from what has been seen.) if it's delivered as bland as water. Course, I just played Destiny and that has me very, very embittered with these AAA games that hype it up.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby TheJackinati275 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Well... I Friggin love Inquisition... if only i could romance Sera as a male... the things she does as a character cracked me up every time... and the prank side-quest you do with her had me laughing for a good minute.

Gameplay wise i love it, there were several glitches but they were all minor, although i have wondered why the hell the bears in the forest area were like 20x stronger than fade demons... really what the hell, demons from the fucking fade with flames and shit on them getting trumped by fuzzy bears!
(it actually happened, a bear was following my party and i walked into a fade area and bam, the bear decided to attack the fade creatures instead, killed them all and had half health, and then i threw the bee grenade at the bears ass and killed it, took its hides and closed the Fade... it was so funny watching it)

Dragons suck... i hate those assholes, they killed my level 14 character twice.

Favorite mission was the Ballroom mission... god damn was that awesome, intrigue... politic's and dancing! something more games need, i think i made Josephine jealous on that mission (my romance option).

All in all, i fucking love this game, from awe-inspiring landscapes, amazing textures and graphics and a solid plot with characters that have real weight (Sera, Varric and blackwall are my favourite companions thus far).

My only tripe with Inquisition was the Tactical camera and the key-bindings, but nothing that a few seconds of changing things around is really needed (in my opinion at least), i also wanted better face paints for the Qunari because not many of them suited my tastes and most looked off when they were on my character.

Customisation was awesome, i spend hours gathering ores and mugging shit from corpses all so that i can spend them all on armour and weapons.

My most favourite thing in Inquisition is by how interactive it is when you talk to people, i have spent hours talking to people, and i catch up with every character that i can whenever i do a mission.

Skyhold... Fucking amazing place, i have explored that place a thousand times now and i still cant find the garden, it once took me about twenty minutes just to find how to get to Cullen when i realized that you have to walk through the room that Solas is in.

My other problem with this game was lack of Prompts and providing of information... Bioware expects you to learn the shit in this game by yourself, i did not know that you could craft potions and give them to your companions until my third playthrough... My third god-damn playthrough!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby Metzger » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Oh right, how's the crafting system on Inquisition? in Origin it was easy to understand and use, in DA2 it was meant to be even easier to use, but the end result was something I personally found confusing and inferior to Origins crafting
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Game hub