A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Mortal Kombat X. (MK9 SPOILERS)

Mortal Kombat X. (MK9 SPOILERS)

Postby Obyren » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ci6lMQNLKZU

Well, with how MK9 ended with most of the playable cast dead and part of the Netherrealm's army, I wonder what the roster of this game is.

With how Scorpion fought who I'm sure was Bi-Han in that trailer, I'm expecting Bi-Han to show up as Sub-Zero again.
Obyren
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Mortal Kombat X. (MK9 SPOILERS)

Postby Lordpanther14 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:11 am

Yeah, it's going to be interesting if they go with another single player mode that has such a in-depth story when a large portion of your fights end with dead bodies. Either they'll go with a much tighter roster with expanded move sets or *which I figure is more likely* they will mess with the continuity through time travel again.
Lordpanther14
Vel'akar

Postby Obyren » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Most of the characters that were killed in MK9 all died in the earlier timeline after MK3 (see Liu Kang). I'm expecting MKX to have all of the characters who weren't killed on-screen in MK9's Story Mode (see Rain), more characters from the games after MK3 (see Tanya), and some new characters.

I'm sure that MK9 having so many of the characters in it killed off was Boon and Co.'s way of telling the fanbase that yes, there will be cuts to the roster, better be ready to find out that (insert MK9 character here) isn't playable (or isn't part of the Konquest Mode). I'm also sure that Boon and Co. plan for characters from games after MK3 and new characters to have more focus in MKX instead of focusing on the characters from the original trilogy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liu Kang was treated how he was to make parts of the fanbase more open to Shujinko and/or Taven showing up in MK games after MK9.
Obyren
Demon

Postby Obyren » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:35 am

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/14/ ... the-first/

So, that would be more than 11 new characters (that's what Deadly Alliance had)?
Obyren
Demon

Return to Game hub