A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Wii U

Wii U

Postby nerdycanuck » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:30 am

Anyone here have a Wii U? I got hold of one a few weeks back - a friend was selling his and my hubby and I bought it from him.

So far we've only played New Super Mario U and Windwaker HD, but we're both really impressed with the system. I really enjoy the interface and, surprisingly, the Game Pad (with the screen) actually provides some interesting functionality to it. I love being able to quick-swap items to my X, Y, and R buttons in Windwaker without having to pause. It's also quite comfortable, too!

New Super Mario U was really quite good. I'd almost rate it as highly as Super Mario World! The levels were all really well designed, visually stunning, and quite a lot of fun. My only complaint about the game was the lack of adult non-green Yoshi; the blue/yellow/red ones never grow up! But that's so minor I may as well not even gripe about it.

Windwaker HD is just amazing. Granted, Windwaker is my favorite Zelda so I'm hugely biased here. But I'd also be super critical if they hadn't done an excellent job with it. The game is so gorgeous to look at and as fun as ever. The social aspect they added to it (Tingle Bottles) is very neat! It's fun to find the bottles and see what other players have been up to in the game.

We plan to pick up Super Mario 3D World next week sometime. I'm told it's really fun and since my husband has finished Mario U, he's in need of some new Mario. I'm on the final world; Windwaker has stolen away much of my would-be Mario time.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else out there has a Wii U!
nerdycanuck
Demon

Re: Wii U

Postby Mooncrafter » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:01 am

I've got one! I recently bought Mario Kart 8 and would LOVE to race anyone else or maybe play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or something.

My Nintendo ID is Mooncraftress.

It was Mooncrafter... but shit happened and I lost that account name V__V I was very sad that day.
Mooncrafter
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby nerdycanuck » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 pm

I didn't see this message until now! I'll add you to my Wii U friends list the next time I boot it up. My Nintendo ID is nerdycanuck, I believe. It's been a while since I had to tell anyone what it is.

I also have Mario Kart 8, but sadly haven't had time to play this past week! But, oh man, what a fantastic kart racer. Nintendo really outdid themselves with that one, I think.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Yu Rei » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 am

*fashionably late* Mine is DigitalCoffee08! I've got Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Minecraft, Terraria...
Yu Rei
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Return to Game hub