A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Drow in FFXIV

Drow in FFXIV

Postby Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:27 am

Hi! :)
First, long time lurker and big fan of Drowtales!
I'm not exactly sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, or if this is old news, but... I picked up FFXIV and started playing the early access, and was pleased to see several important features in character creation: Dark Elves (known as Duskwight), two names, and ability to use apostrophes in names.
Naturally, I had to pay homage to my favorite girl, (so many feels!)
The only unfortunate part is while the first and last names may be up to 15 characters long, the total name length must fall at or within 20 characters. Poor Naal here is no longer Val, or perhaps she is embracing her new life as a commoner...
For those not interested in playing, there's a free character creation benchmark that I enjoyed using to recreate (hair and eyes, didn't reset the face) a few other favorites:
Mel, of course!
Sweet Faen. What a bonus that "Odd Eyes" is a character creation option!
There's also options for dual toned hair, so the possibilities might well be endless...

Apologies if this has long ago been discussed or is of no interest. It put a smile on my face, so I had to share.
Amber
Tik'tikki

Re: Drow in FFXIV

Postby midnightbast » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:38 am

Several of us are playing on Cactuar. :)
midnightbast
Kern's minion

Postby Catriana » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 am

Cool! I also play on Cactaur. I like how you did everyone's designs! :D
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:41 am

I had a character named Lak'shmi Teikaliah on one of those legacy servers... although my sub is currently frozen
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby nerdycanuck » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

I hope that there are still people here playing FF14! I've got a summoner (Achlys Noirterel) over on Siren that I play now and then. She used to be a duskwight Elezen but I hated how the summoner outfits looked on her so I ended up race changing her to the Miquote (or however that's spelled.)

Easy enough to fit a quest here and there while the little guy naps. :)
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 pm

A couple of us play... I am a Duskwight BLM on Hyperion server, though once I hit 50 I'm going straight to SCH
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby nerdycanuck » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:A couple of us play... I am a Duskwight BLM on Hyperion server, though once I hit 50 I'm going straight to SCH

Nice! How are you enjoying BLM? I figure it must play pretty similarly to the THM spec. I'm thinking of pursuing that at some point. Much as I enjoy SMN, sometimes I enjoy a change from a dot-based DPS.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:36 pm

llemaire wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:A couple of us play... I am a Duskwight BLM on Hyperion server, though once I hit 50 I'm going straight to SCH

Nice! How are you enjoying BLM? I figure it must play pretty similarly to the THM spec. I'm thinking of pursuing that at some point. Much as I enjoy SMN, sometimes I enjoy a change from a dot-based DPS.

BLM is straight glass cannon type damage. If your tanks are bad, you're going to be pulling hate fast. the only problem is the old "stand n cast" type of damage--it's inconvenient on movement fights only being able to do Scathe and hoping for a Thunder or Fire III proc. Still, it's going to be my DD of choice *heehee*

I wanted to start off rolling DD so I could get into a healer role easier... that's my go-to playstyle in MMOs. Also, my character Mersedeh Illhar'dro is a healer in RH, so...
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby nerdycanuck » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 am

Dalvyserran wrote:BLM is straight glass cannon type damage. If your tanks are bad, you're going to be pulling hate fast. the only problem is the old "stand n cast" type of damage--it's inconvenient on movement fights only being able to do Scathe and hoping for a Thunder or Fire III proc. Still, it's going to be my DD of choice *heehee*

Ahah, right on! I have to watch on my SMN as well if there's a bad tank - I can't use Bane AT ALL and I have to be slow with my DOT application. ;_;

Uuugh, I hear you on the movement fights. I've been puttering around on my THM spec to level it enough to get a skill and man. Anytime I have to move around a lot it's pretty much Scathe Scathe Scathe. On SMN I don't have that problem, but my DPS tanks if I can't stand still long enough to reapply my DOTs. Ruin II only goes so far for mobile-damage. ;_;

Dalvyserran wrote:I wanted to start off rolling DD so I could get into a healer role easier... that's my go-to playstyle in MMOs. Also, my character Mersedeh Illhar'dro is a healer in RH, so...

Nice! I think I've always gone damage dealer right off the bat in all the other MMOs I've played, too. Dealing damage is just so much fun, though I enjoy the other roles as well. I actually prefer melee DPS, but I ended up picking SMN because it's always been a favorite job/class/whatever. As far as healing or tanking, I just tend to prefer to be familiar with the game before tackling those.

With Achlys, I'll probably pursue BLM and SCH at some point...not sure if I'll bother with a tank spec at all.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Varzil » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:11 am

are folks still playing? I currently play with an active FC on Gilgamesh, though I'd be up for rolling a char on Cactuar to join if there are folks still playing
Varzil
Tik'tikki

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Still playing, but I play on Hyperion

my character:
http://i.imgur.com/CgALVoj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8DmQTSc.jpg
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Razara » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:43 am

Does anyone here still play on the Gilgamesh server? My character's name is Razara Jaal'darya. :V

I made Kalki as my first retainer retainer. *heehee*
Razara
Summoner

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Varzil » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm still active on Gilgamesh. char name Liriel Lunith, feel free to send me a friend request
I also did roll a char on Cactuar, Varzil Lunith. let me know if anyone's still running on that server
Varzil
Tik'tikki

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Razara » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:07 am

Varzil wrote:I'm still active on Gilgamesh. char name Liriel Lunith, feel free to send me a friend request
I also did roll a char on Cactuar, Varzil Lunith. let me know if anyone's still running on that server

Awesome! I'll be sure to send you an friend request on Gilgamesh. :D
Razara
Summoner

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Yu Rei » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Just rolled a character on Cactuar. I hope people are still playing there? My character is Yu'rei Illhar'dro!
Yu Rei
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Return to Game hub