A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Soo, how many people have been enjoying this awesome game?

Personally, I am a sucker for turn-based strategy games. I've played classics like FFT Advance, Fire Emblem 2, Advance wars 2, Baldur's gate, XCOM and who knows what else way too much.
So, when I found the new Fire Emblem quite cheap (considering it is a new title), I immediately bought it. And haven't regretted it a bit.

Even if the gameplay is just repeating itself, there's so much stuff to find out you don't even mind. Characters can befriend just about 75% of other characters (some more, some less), and can even get married with just about anyone of opposite sex. This alone opens so many development possibilities you just can't see them all on one playthrough.

If that is not enough, your characters that get married can have kids that join you in the game later. This alone isn't that big a deal, but when their outlook and some personality quirks as well as game stats are altered based on their parents, again too many possibilities open to you.

I also love the possibility of "new" and "classic" game modes. The classic mode is rather cruel, but familiar from old FE series: if your soldier falls in the battle, they are incapacitated or even killed and can't join you anymore in battles from that point on.
The new mode makes this a lot easier, allowing it so that your soldiers retreat instead of falling and allow them to re-join you after the battle. I personally use the classic mode, though. Just to add a hint of difficulty and in honor of the older FE games.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Game hub