A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Metal Gear Rising Revengence Is Awesome.

Metal Gear Rising Revengence Is Awesome.

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

I love the music as well as the explanation of technologies. Personal favorite has to be about the Cyborg bodies and the High-Frequency Blade Treatments, second only to the Samurai conversations. >w> After listening to them, HF Treatment seems plausible in the same way as a Railguns, bullets and lasers can only go so far. I was wondering if anyone agrees with me about the game.

EDIT: I find that it may be on a bit on the short side, but is a thrilling ride from start to finish.
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Metal Gear Rising Revengence Is Awesome.

Postby Whizzard » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm sad that game was cancelled for PC since Crystal Dynamics took over. And it just didn't sound as exciting anymore when it was declared they are gonna make it play like DMC or Bayonetta. What I like about MG series is that realistic gameplay approach to fantastic stuff. Crystal Dynamics took away realism to add ridiculous movements to it's cyborg ninja but then again it is a cyborg ninja and has been shown to do such stuff before in MGS4. I was okay with that. It wouldn't play like MGS game that I love so much, it would play like Devil May Cry and hell, I love that too so I was willing to give a try.

But then they cancelled the PC version. Meh.

The new DmC however is a damn good game, whatever the fans of old might say. I am a fan of DMC3 too but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it, dammit.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Whizzard wrote:I'm sad that game was cancelled for PC since Crystal Dynamics took over. And it just didn't sound as exciting anymore when it was declared they are gonna make it play like DMC or Bayonetta. What I like about MG series is that realistic gameplay approach to fantastic stuff. Crystal Dynamics took away realism to add ridiculous movements to it's cyborg ninja but then again it is a cyborg ninja and has been shown to do such stuff before in MGS4. I was okay with that. It wouldn't play like MGS game that I love so much, it would play like Devil May Cry and hell, I love that too so I was willing to give a try.

The new DmC however is a damn good game, whatever the fans of old might say. I am a fan of DMC3 too but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it, dammit.

Ehh... I see what you're saying, I would say though the music in Metal Gear Rising Revengence is amazing. It moves faster and more fluid than any hack-n-slasher I've encountered.
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Postby Lordpanther14 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 am

Whizzard wrote:I'm sad that game was cancelled for PC since Crystal Dynamics took over. And it just didn't sound as exciting anymore when it was declared they are gonna make it play like DMC or Bayonetta. What I like about MG series is that realistic gameplay approach to fantastic stuff. Crystal Dynamics took away realism to add ridiculous movements to it's cyborg ninja but then again it is a cyborg ninja and has been shown to do such stuff before in MGS4. I was okay with that. It wouldn't play like MGS game that I love so much, it would play like Devil May Cry and hell, I love that too so I was willing to give a try.

Just picked up DmC last week, I'd agree that it has a good combat system to it. I might have to try out this Revengence next.
Lordpanther14
Vel'akar

Postby Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 am

Lordpanther14 wrote:

Just picked up DmC last week, I'd agree that it has a good combat system to it. I might have to try out this Revengence next.

The music is a blast. >w>
Ichi_Jigoku_Flujo
Vel'akar

Postby Whizzard » Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

I can agree that the music is a blast. It's hard rock/metal after all. Last time i played a game with hard rock/metal music was Prince of Persia Warrior Within and combat/music wise that is one of the best games i've ever played.

EDIT:

This just in, Revengeance (re)confirmed for PC! :V

Looks like I'll get to enjoy the adventure after all!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... med-for-pc
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Game hub