A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Minecraft Users

Re: Minecraft Users

Postby Niwa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am

vernes wrote:starmade right?

Blockade runner. Somewhat slower devs than starmade but I found it first and the editor spoiled me. I can't stand block by block building anymore (and I broke the symmetry thing in ten seconds flat for SM.)

(Just a FYI: BR is in a bit of a state atm, if anyone's interested I'll give 'em a shout when the next update hits which /should/ sort the engine issues out and get everything working smoothly. They've been doing a lot of redesigning to get the engine to how they want it and eventually are going for a less minecrafty look and are hoping for around halo 1 visuals which would be nice :3)
Niwa
Nether Seed

Postby Yu Rei » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Did anyone actually get around to trying this out? Especially now, with stained clay. Clan colors! *wee*

But really, does a DT server still exist? I'd love to play with fellow Drow. :w
Yu Rei
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Nemiisae » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 am

There is an ongoing Underdark/Drow themed server in the works actually (well one that stopped because of lack of direction, then restarted about a week ago). It's a long way off but there is one about floating around.

It's a full 256 (max height limit) world painted stone world with a pre-generated cavern system~ There's not much on the map bar a spawn room, but progress is progress!

Also! my mcname is serenityonyx.

P.S Sorry I've not been about! ^^; I didn't notice people were still chatting away in here
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby vernes » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:33 am

Nemiisae wrote:There is an ongoing Underdark/Drow themed server in the works actually (well one that stopped because of lack of direction, then restarted about a week ago). It's a long way off but there is one about floating around.

It's a full 256 (max height limit) world painted stone world with a pre-generated cavern system~ There's not much on the map bar a spawn room, but progress is progress!

P.S Sorry I've not been about! ^^; I didn't notice people were still chatting away in here

Is it open to the public?
vernes
Summoner

Postby Nemiisae » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 pm

vernes wrote:
Nemiisae wrote:There is an ongoing Underdark/Drow themed server in the works actually (well one that stopped because of lack of direction, then restarted about a week ago). It's a long way off but there is one about floating around.

You betcha, there is a whitelist on the server but it's in dev so there aren't any applications or rules or roleplay :P Anyone wanting to create the map and help direct the server towards something would be awesome.
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby vernes » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 am

Nemiisae wrote:
vernes wrote:

You betcha, there is a whitelist on the server but it's in dev so there aren't any applications or rules or roleplay :P Anyone wanting to create the map and help direct the server towards something would be awesome.

In that case I would like to be whitelisted (vernes) and I would like to receive the ip/domainname
What is your preferred communication channel?
vernes
Summoner

Postby Nemiisae » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 am

The minecraft server is on 1.6.4, the ip is 192.241.245.154. As it stands I generally talk over skype. But depending on how active and how much interest there is, I'll be setting up a mumble/Teamspeak server too.
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby Nemiisae » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:02 am

Just a little update, I managed to get hold of a Teamspeak server! It's the same IP as the minecraft server, so there aren't any extra things to remember. :)

Also, here's a quick pic. http://i.imgur.com/I3j6hfF.jpg

my skype is emily.twining for anyone interested in the project ^^
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby Yu Rei » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I can't remember if I've posted this before, but my MC name is DigitalCoffee08 for the whitelist! I can't wait to check it out!
Yu Rei
Tainted

Postby vernes » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Why not the latest version of minecraft?

Anyway, I was unable to get a response from the mc server, is it a dedicated server or do you run it at home?
vernes
Summoner

Postby Yu Rei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am

vernes wrote:Why not the latest version of minecraft?

Anyway, I was unable to get a response from the mc server, is it a dedicated server or do you run it at home?

That's odd. I was able to log into the server.

EDIT: I've been checking the server out, and it's absolutely amazing. Sweet Sharess. Guys you need to come see this. NAO.
Yu Rei
Tainted

Postby Nemiisae » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Yu Rei wrote:
vernes wrote:Why not the latest version of minecraft?

That's odd. I was able to log into the server.

EDIT: I've been checking the server out, and it's absolutely amazing. Sweet Sharess. Guys you need to come see this. NAO.

To answer simply, without Bukkit being released for the latest MC version, there would be no way to have the tools that are used for the map making (Voxel/WE so on and so forth), when a stable release has come out, we'll be updating the server into 1.7.2! Until then though, we'll be building on 1.6.4

By Sharess! If I tried to run a server on my computer I think it'd result in a fire hazard xD
We did have a tiny bit of down-time due to the server hoster getting spammed elsewhere, however it's all up and running again on Version 1.6.4 MC!

I've turned off the whitelist as it happens, mostly due to it being so early in dev that I am not too worried about all hell breaking loose :P

Anyone who has ideas or wants to get involved with shaping/planning/making the map please lemmie know!
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby Yu Rei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I'd love to help out. I'm not very good at detail work, like I've seen on the server, but I'm still a pretty good builder! I like to make castles and such.

The only downside Minecraft has is that you pretty much HAVE to have wood to make tools. It'd be neat if you could just use stone.
Yu Rei
Tainted

Postby Nemiisae » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 pm

There are certainly mods out there for Minecraft that would do just that ^^
Nemiisae
Nether Seed

Postby Yu Rei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Nemiisae wrote:There are certainly mods out there for Minecraft that would do just that ^^

Yes, but I have no idea how to install mods on Windows XP. ^^;
Yu Rei
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Game hub