A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 am

Last time within maybe a week (and checking a deity statue for new blessing that should heal stuff) in-game time? That dungeon I went was the first. Granted, I believe I entered it only an hour or so before midnight, but that shouldn't alter it...

That's what the surprising thing. It never really showed in my active effects as a disease. At least, what I checked... I didn't rest in that dungeon at all, and I don't believe I used three days to scavenge through the whole place...

The red flash I mentioned was similar to ones you suffer when you don't feed and hunger grows (and I've understood this is the same when your disease is evolving).
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Jiharn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Ahhh...you may have already been a vampire by the time you went into that dungeon, then, and that red flash was perhaps the first 24-hour mark of when you changed (24 hours without feeding, that is). The disease would have been gone by that point. If you fast traveled to the dungeon, or to some place nearby but still arrived when it was night, then you would have missed any earlier warning messages about sunlight.
If you have Dawnguard installed, you could have contracted it from some random vampire traveler or encounter (a couple of them aren't explicitly labeled as such). That's all I can think of if you haven't been into any other dungeons.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 pm

It could have been also a glitch, or maybe some more powerful vampire (my friends claim all the time that if the vampire is some more powerful version, the disease works faster).
The flash was identical to the feeding mark, but I still had the "starting" level of vampire effects...
Oh well, personally I think it was just a simple glitch or something I missed midway. It's still awesome ^^
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Luzahn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Eltharrion wrote:It could have been also a glitch, or maybe some more powerful vampire (my friends claim all the time that if the vampire is some more powerful version, the disease works faster).
The flash was identical to the feeding mark, but I still had the "starting" level of vampire effects...
Oh well, personally I think it was just a simple glitch or something I missed midway. It's still awesome ^^

Too bad vampirism isn't as strong as it was in Oblivion. No jumping over lakes for you.
Luzahn
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Luzahn wrote:
Eltharrion wrote:It could have been also a glitch, or maybe some more powerful vampire (my friends claim all the time that if the vampire is some more powerful version, the disease works faster).

Too bad vampirism isn't as strong as it was in Oblivion. No jumping over lakes for you.

I still prefer Skyrim's vampirism over oblivion one. I hated the whole "can't walk in the daylight for over 10 seconds without dying or drinking potions every 3 seconds" thing, though I also admit that Oblivion's vampires were over-powered.
Only annoying thing I face is when I fast-travel from dungeon to a city, and during that time my vampirism evolves to the third step where everyone sees me as a vampire and attacks me, and I have to go to look for a remote house where I can feed... THAT gets annoying every now and then.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jiharn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm

I think that you only get attacked automatically at stage 4 (with being reset to stage 1 after feeding), but eh details. However, if you have Dawnguard, that doesn't happen anymore. NPCs don't attack you unless you transform into Vampire Lord form (like they would if you transformed into a werewolf).
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Ah, I forgot the "non-visible" third step that doesn't cause any over-dramatic changes (like new powers or anything). But feeding once at final stage only drops you down two stages (to point where you get "charming" power), though second feeding drops you down to first stage... Personally, I like that second stage the best due to awesome frost resistance (frost IS the most common magic type enemies use, as we know...)

Sadly, I don't have Dawn on me, as I can't really find it anywhere from shops and my box just hates to connect to internet with my systems...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm

There's a guy in Morthal who will cure you of Vampirism if you ask him.

It's the court wizard.
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Tsuris wrote:There's a guy in Morthal who will cure you of Vampirism if you ask him.

It's the court wizard.

But I LIKE being a vampire full-plate warhammer-wielding ninja-thief!
...That's almost like something out of munchkin.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Looks like Hearthfire is out to the PC, but they still haven't announced when Dawnguard is coming out to the PS3.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfNzMZm8zE

There are now words to express my exciment. So let me just say:

ghahjdsapfdsajp dfspjbnpadj gndsp jpgasd gnwper fnawef nope fewp dsoanofdij ajnl!
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Luzahn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfNzMZm8zE

There are now words to express my exciment. So let me just say:

ghahjdsapfdsajp dfspjbnpadj gndsp jpgasd gnwper fnawef nope fewp dsoanofdij ajnl!

...I am pretty sure a Norn - Dunmer alliance could defeat most other things out there now.

Especially with dragons. Nobody ever expects dragons.

Well, at least I have time to finish my playthrough with Dawnguard. Lousy PC delayed releases... :c
Luzahn
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Avalon wrote:Looks like Hearthfire is out to the PC, but they still haven't announced when Dawnguard is coming out to the PS3.

I have no idea why someone would by Hearthfire for the PC, there are mods that do the same thing for free :P
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Luzahn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Tsuris wrote:
Avalon wrote:Looks like Hearthfire is out to the PC, but they still haven't announced when Dawnguard is coming out to the PS3.

I have no idea why someone would by Hearthfire for the PC, there are mods that do the same thing for free :P

Give you a nice house, sure, but it's pretty fun to actually have to gather the resources to build the thing. Still, it's a bit disappointing compared to the houses for Oblivion. Those were all unique.

And I believe they've stated that they don't intend to bring it to PS3. Something about the platform being difficult.

I' beginning to see a pattern with the DLC releases compared to Oblivion. Dawnguard is Knights of the Nine, both in theme and scope, adding a nice batch of quests but limited new areas. Hearthfire covered all of the housing DLC. Maybe Dragonborn is intended to be the Shivering Isles, with a large new area, acting like an actual expansion pack. When's the last time we had a proper expansion?

The name fits a expansion pack pretty well too.
Last edited by Luzahn on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzahn
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Holy *piip* on a *piip* filled with *piip* on a sandwich!
Have to say, that almost looked like a new ES game in total. I mean, sure, there might be mods to create similar places and such, but DAANG that looked awesome.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game hub