A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Postby Avalon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:06 am

Speaking of stealth, earlier today I was in stealth mode near some hostile draugr who proceeded to walk right past me. Seriously, my stealth wasn't that good (only about 40 or so, and I didn't even have all the perks for that skill level) and I was LITERALLY in their faces (as in, I could easily stretch out and touch them) and they STILL didn't see me. I proceeded to shoot at them with my bow at point-blank range without any of them being the wiser.

Seriously, they seem to be blinder than the falmer. XD
Avalon
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:47 am
Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Skyrim

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

Avalon wrote:Speaking of stealth, earlier today I was in stealth mode near some hostile draugr who proceeded to walk right past me. Seriously, my stealth wasn't that good (only about 40 or so, and I didn't even have all the perks for that skill level) and I was LITERALLY in their faces (as in, I could easily stretch out and touch them) and they STILL didn't see me. I proceeded to shoot at them with my bow at point-blank range without any of them being the wiser.

Seriously, they seem to be blinder than the falmer. XD


Tsuris wrote:Sneaking and archery are very broken in Skyrim... not that I'm complaining mind you, I do the same thing XD


*heehee*
User avatar
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6152
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Skyrim

Postby Crilltic » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 am

So currently in Skyrim i'm the grandmaster of the thieves guild, harbinger of the companions, Archmage and I still haven't met the greybeards yet...somehow I don't think "distracted by mods" is a valid excuse for not stopping the world from ending *lol*
User avatar
Crilltic
Summoner
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: New England
Clan: Sharen

Re: Skyrim

Postby Jiharn » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:50 am

Crilltic wrote:So currently in Skyrim i'm the grandmaster of the thieves guild, harbinger of the companions, Archmage and I still haven't met the greybeards yet...somehow I don't think "distracted by mods" is a valid excuse for not stopping the world from ending *lol*

It's all cool. The dragons are waiting until they kill you first before they decide to get to work. Very polite of them, and they'd all rather just not get interrupted after they've gotten into the swing of things. It just interrupts the whole flow of stuff, annoying to try to shift gears, all that.
User avatar
Jiharn
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Skyrim

Postby Crilltic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:18 am

Image

here's my skyrim character, I think everything about her is modded except for the nightingale helm, I think my game is going to crash soon because of all the mods i have on it *lol*
User avatar
Crilltic
Summoner
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: New England
Clan: Sharen

Re: Skyrim

Postby Jiharn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:56 am

Dawnguard is out on Steam now.

I'll give you PC-only folks 24 hours before I feel it acceptable to finally start blabbing about it.
User avatar
Jiharn
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Skyrim

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:58 am

I can't leave town. I get auto ported back. What.
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4831
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Skyrim

Postby Jiharn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 am

Dalvyserran wrote:I can't leave town. I get auto ported back. What.

Sorry. Can't help you for another approximately 23 hours 54 minutes.
User avatar
Jiharn
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Skyrim

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 am

nevermind, it was a mod interfering with the dawnguard starting quest
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4831
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Skyrim

Postby Jiharn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:04 am

All righty! The timer has expired.

So first off! A word of warning. Be cautious when you come across a wide open f--*stabbed by Tsuris*
User avatar
Jiharn
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Skyrim

Postby Tsuris » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:05 am

*cleans knife on Jiharn's shirt*

8P
User avatar
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6152
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Skyrim

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:02 am

Now now Tsuris, it's not polite to stab people and clean the murder weapon to their shirt.
You should at least burn them after that.

Which reminds me, I kinda miss option to burn things in skyrim... Blame me playing Farcry 2, but these days I just always want to be able to burn things completely with fire whenever I'm playing something.
Yeah, I'm starting to show pyromaniac side of myself. ^^
User avatar
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Body: Finland - Mind: The cracks between universe
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Skyrim

Postby Tsuris » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 pm

I have begun to add Nexus mods now, Alric and Dalvyserran have helped me get some installed, thanks guys. :D
User avatar
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6152
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Skyrim

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:07 pm

...So, after a long while, I dug up (read: borrowed my friend's) Skyrim and started playing. Heavy-armor two-handed weapon master Redguard (something so common, and yet I've never played "tank/warrior" in Skyrim before. Always an assassin or mage).

After some time played, I'm in a dungeon (note that at this point, I'm quite sure I didn't have any diseases on me). Suddenly, screen flashes red, and when I step outside, it states "sunlight is boiling your vampire blood".
I know that one can get the vampire-disease, but I've never seen it happen this FAST... o_O
Well, joke's on them, 'cause now my heavy-plate warrior can also stealth almost as well as thief (that vampire +25% stealth really helps when using orcish fullplate).
User avatar
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Body: Finland - Mind: The cracks between universe
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Skyrim

Postby Jiharn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Eltharrion wrote:...So, after a long while, I dug up (read: borrowed my friend's) Skyrim and started playing. Heavy-armor two-handed weapon master Redguard (something so common, and yet I've never played "tank/warrior" in Skyrim before. Always an assassin or mage).

After some time played, I'm in a dungeon (note that at this point, I'm quite sure I didn't have any diseases on me). Suddenly, screen flashes red, and when I step outside, it states "sunlight is boiling your vampire blood".
I know that one can get the vampire-disease, but I've never seen it happen this FAST... o_O
Well, joke's on them, 'cause now my heavy-plate warrior can also stealth almost as well as thief (that vampire +25% stealth really helps when using orcish fullplate).

Unless you were in that dungeon for 3 days (and there were vampire enemies in there), then you probably contracted the disease before then. The 3 day time limit probably expired sometime after your last trek under sunlight. I don't know about the screen flashing red, but you're immune to diseases once you're fully a vampire. Diseases show up under "Magical Effects" too, I believe, so they can be easy to miss if you have several buffs or so on you.
Do you remember the last time before then that you had fought vampires?
User avatar
Jiharn
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest