A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 pm

I'll admit that Sony can be dickish to developers, but Microsoft isn't too friendly with them either. But these days multiplat games are designed on PC for console expectations... without compensation for PC platform. that's what makes me sad :(

a year ago I bought Sonic Generations via Steam and let me tell you, that game is a disaster and is unplayable without a gamepad. You can't even change the hotkeys to be bearable with a keyboard.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jiharn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Man, that makes think back to the PC port of FF7. That thing was a mess. That's the problem with just making basic ports to other systems. If you don't take into account how differently the coding and operating system runs on little details (let alone on the macro level with the control system), all kinds of unexpected errors pop up.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 am

I am so fed up with Microsoft's bullshit.

I want the Dragonborn DLC for the computer so badly.

I'm sitting here watching my brother play it on the Xbox fighting werebears and dealing with eldritch horror looking conjuration summons and I am just so angry and sad and I just want to play it but I can't fksalfjsakfsahkfhas
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shrg » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 am

Tsuris wrote:I am so fed up with Microsoft's bullshit.

I want the Dragonborn DLC for the computer so badly.

I'm sitting here watching my brother play it on the Xbox fighting werebears and dealing with eldritch horror looking conjuration summons and I am just so angry and sad and I just want to play it but I can't fksalfjsakfsahkfhas

pshh calm down fury calm down
you have always Far Cry 3 remember that.

Complettly unrelated i stopped playing skyrim and started morrowind 1/2 year ago and morrowind ist still better :D
Shrg
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Avalon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Shrg wrote:Complettly unrelated i stopped playing skyrim and started morrowind 1/2 year ago and morrowind ist still better :D

I don't know about better, but Morrowind does still have its charm, despite being 10 years old.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 pm

...I've never played Morrowind.

...And yes, you can stone me to death now, just give me time to put the blindfold on so I don't haunt any of you later.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Eltharrion wrote:...I've never played Morrowind.

...And yes, you can stone me to death now, just give me time to put the blindfold on so I don't haunt any of you later.

Nah it's cool, I only played a bit of Morrowind and it really hasn't aged too well.
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shrg » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:59 am

Burn! heretics! BURN
You know you can mod Morrowind to hell and make it even look better than skyrim?
Maybe I'm getting to old but i enjoy games more which arent a crummy consoleport . Skyrim was fun but even with moded inventory the inventory still sucked. I always felt that there were missing parts and that the whole game was made idiot save. But Skyrim was a lot better then Oblivion. The localisation was so awful in Oblivion we had a Spell who got named "fireball" and was a healing spell and the fireball spell was named torch. Also: Schw.tr.d.le.en.w. You coudnt see what it was so you had to test. The game wanted to haunt me with its really bad acronyms.
But I'm rambling to much here. So go on and enjoy you slaying Dragons! After all that's the part you coudnt do in Morrowind.
Shrg
Summoner

Postby Jiharn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

Shrg wrote: Also: Schw.tr.d.le.en.w. You coudnt see what it was so you had to test. The game wanted to haunt me with its really bad acronyms.

I don't see what's so bad about that. It's obviously a "Weak Potion of Healing"!
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Shrg » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 am

Jiharn wrote:
Shrg wrote: Also: Schw.tr.d.le.en.w. You coudnt see what it was so you had to test. The game wanted to haunt me with its really bad acronyms.

I don't see what's so bad about that. It's obviously a "Weak Potion of Healing"!

bah use at least the literal translation else our english people might wonder what I'm talking about.
"Weak potion of Lifeenergyregeneration"
Shrg
Summoner

Postby Jiharn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Shrg wrote:
Jiharn wrote:

bah use at least the literal translation else our english people might wonder what I'm talking about.
"Weak potion of Lifeenergyregeneration"

But I am one of the English-speaking-only people! :3
(I cheated with Google.)
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Jiharn » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 am

I have just discovered that the most fearsome and deadly foe in Skyrim...
has just become much, much worse.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Kaiser » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 pm

So is anyone going to play TES: Online?
Kaiser
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Avalon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Kaiser wrote:So is anyone going to play TES: Online?

I'm a bit tempted to take a closer look at it, which is saying something, seeing as I never play multiplayer games otherwise.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination

Postby TheJackinati275 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Ahhh... Skyrim

The best thing about Skyrim was its moddability... Nothing is better than making your hot ass Female companions walk around nude in the snow :)
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Game hub