A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Postby Tsuris » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Luzahn wrote:And I believe they've stated that they don't intend to bring it to PS3. Something about the platform being difficult.

It's essentially unplayable. I got anywhere near water deep enough to swim and the game would crash. I switched to PC and never looked back :P
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Tsuris wrote:
Avalon wrote:Looks like Hearthfire is out to the PC, but they still haven't announced when Dawnguard is coming out to the PS3.

I have no idea why someone would by Hearthfire for the PC, there are mods that do the same thing for free :P

Funny thing is, I was actually considering to get Skyrim for the PS3, but in hindsight, it looks like I did the right thing in getting it for the PC instead, seeing as how Bethesda seem to take forever making the DLC's available for the PS3.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Avalon wrote:
Tsuris wrote:
Avalon wrote:Looks like Hearthfire is out to the PC, but they still haven't announced when Dawnguard is coming out to the PS3.

I have no idea why someone would by Hearthfire for the PC, there are mods that do the same thing for free :P

Funny thing is, I was actually considering to get Skyrim for the PS3, but in hindsight, it looks like I did the right thing in getting it for the PC instead, seeing as how Bethesda seem to take forever making the DLC's available for the PS3.

My PC's old and crashes quite easily, so I think I just stick to 360.
Plus, I kinda like the controller. Never enjoyed PC Skyrim when I tried it at my friend's place.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Eltharrion wrote:My PC's old and crashes quite easily, so I think I just stick to 360.

Any particular reason why you don't go and upgrade your PC, or simply buy a new one?
Avalon
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Avalon wrote:
Eltharrion wrote:My PC's old and crashes quite easily, so I think I just stick to 360.

Any particular reason why you don't go and upgrade your PC, or simply buy a new one?

Simple thing.
After food, rent and other things required to live, I generally can't afford a new PC. As long as I don't use my current one for anything too flashy, things are okay (internet works, flash works, video players work, emulators work... Yeah, no problem.)
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Eltharrion wrote:
Avalon wrote:

Simple thing.
After food, rent and other things required to live, I generally can't afford a new PC. As long as I don't use my current one for anything too flashy, things are okay (internet works, flash works, video players work, emulators work... Yeah, no problem.)

So, nothing more complicated than that, huh?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you using the emulators for?
Avalon
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Old GBA games. I love playing stuff like Golden Sun, FF:tactics advance & old Yu-gi-oh!- games.
That, and Sonic battle.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Eltharrion wrote:Old GBA games. I love playing stuff like Golden Sun, FF:tactics advance & old Yu-gi-oh!- games.
That, and Sonic battle.

I usually play old SNES games whenever I play via emulator, myself.

Ah well, better leave it at that, though. This thread ain't for old school games, after all. XD
Avalon
Vel'akar

Postby Kaiser » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

So I was just wondering what the highest level people got to was. I got all the way to level 67 on my first play-through as an Argonian specializing in Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Sneak, Archery, Alchemy, Alteration, and Conjuration.

My current character is a Breton specializing in Two-Handed, Destruction, Restoration, Sneak, Enchanting, and Heavy Armor whom I've gotten up to level 38.

So many hours of my life gone....
Kaiser
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jiharn » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 am

I have reached level 78, halfway to 79. The only things left are heavy armor, two-handed weapons, and one-handed weapons. Well, and a single level of Speech, but that's simple enough to finish. (Maxing out all skills will get you to level 81, by the way.)
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Avalon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 am

Seems like I'm not wasting enough time on Skyrim. The farthest I got was level 46, with Smithing as the only skill I maxed out. XD
Avalon
Vel'akar

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 pm

If there's one thing I hate about vanilla skyrim, it's the buggy ass menu

Shit's built for the limitations of a console, so PC players have to click several times on something to use it =__=

Good thing there are mods that let me use a completely different menu that's PC friendly
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jiharn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new ... station-3/

Here's a bit of good news--finally--for the PS3 players.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm telling you there's business politics involved when they say "ps3 is hard to develop on so we released xbox 360 version first". How do you explain PC getting releases behind Xbox?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jiharn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 am

For the 360 release coming first, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some business politics involved. I'd be more surprised if that cut out PS3 dlc entirely though.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game hub