A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Skyrim

Skyrim

Postby Tsuris » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm

SKYRIM

DISCUSS IT!

Things I like: Werewolves, companions can't die from monsters, Thu'ums that send people 30 yards away and often down cliffs to their doom, finishing moves, perks, Sheogorath makes an appearance, they changed lock-picking to make it like fallout 3 *almost never used lock-picking in Oblivion because it was so annoying*

Things I don't care for: It's VERY easy to kill Lydia with a fireball spell *upset*, being a vampire SUCKS (at least until the Dawnguard DLC, then it will be awesome), Nords are REALLY racist :O, I didn't get to kill nearly as many Thalmor as I wanted to :L
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Skyrim

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:47 am

I hate how vampires had next to no benefits compard to werewolves

also

SNEAK ARCHER FOR LIFE http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560 ... FC63CA3C6/

and the dark elf at Azura's shrine is forever my favorite companion. Mage companions are extremely useful
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:20 am

Dalvyserran wrote:

Sneaking and archery are very broken in Skyrim... not that I'm complaining mind you, I do the same thing XD
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 am

Tsuris wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:

Sneaking and archery are very broken in Skyrim... not that I'm complaining mind you, I do the same thing XD

That's funny because it's so true *lol* Guards will walk right next to you, even if you're standing in light, and they won't know you're there. The only flaw to this is that my companion is too eager to fight when I'm trying to sneak

even better if you kill one in a pack, and the others go "who's there?!... just my imagination... oh, a dead body!"
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:35 am

Dalvyserran wrote:
Tsuris wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:

That's funny because it's so true *lol* Guards will walk right next to you, even if you're standing in light, and they won't know you're there. The only flaw to this is that my companion is too eager to fight when I'm trying to sneak

even better if you kill one in a pack, and the others go "who's there?!... just my imagination... oh, a dead body!"

Companions are good for a few things, sneaking is not one of them

they are good for holding enemies attention while you kill them, and for carrying dragon bones and scales :)
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am

Yeah it's usually my poor mage companion that catches aggro before I do... which is good for me, but sometimes she walks right into my path and gets killed :S You don't know how many time I've had to quick load just because of her

here she is btw
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am

I use Jordis the Sword-Maiden myself, she's the solitude housecarl, gave her a staff of chain lighting and a dwarven sword for a bit

also what bow is that you're using in those pics? I don't recognize it *ooo*

Oh btw, I play a Female Imperial, used to play a nord, had full Deadric armor deadric sword and shield, max smithing and one handed on the PS3 but had to get a new one when the new patch killed the game on it
Something about the conversion to swimming from walking caused the game to crash...

What race/gender do you guys play?
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 am

My bow is an Ebony bow, enchanted to do fire damage.

My main is a female Altmer
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 am

Dalvyserran wrote:
My main is a female Altmer

I wanted to play a mer, but as I said Nords are racist, also kind of figured they were the bad guys with the whole Thalmar thing >_>
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Whispering shadows » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:16 am

Actually I believe it's perhaps the most realistic portrayel of sneak archery. The advantage of not being seen and just spamming arrows to the face is rather large compared to wandering around in full plate armor which on top being exapensive is also rather ineffective against large numbers of agile enemy's. The only downside is that you can only kill as many people as you have arrows. The only thing broken about skyrim in my mind is the amount of "weight" a person can carry and the health of some creatures (say ice wolves and the player character for instance)
Whispering shadows
Vel'akar

Location: In the deepest, darkest, depths of an forgotten crypt. Alone. Forever.

Postby Tsuris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:27 am

It's not really all that realistic, I mean, if you shoot someone in the face, it should kill them, that would be realistic. they shouldn't be able to look around for the person that shot them.

the joke is, that the ones who get shot often ignore the fact that they still have an arrow sticking out of the back of their necks and will return to their posts as if nothing happened ^^;
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Whispering shadows » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 am

Tsuris wrote:It's not really all that realistic, I mean, if you shoot someone in the face, it should kill them, that would be realistic. they shouldn't be able to look around for the person that shot them.

the joke is, that the ones who get shot often ignore the fact that they still have an arrow sticking out of the back of their necks and will return to their posts as if nothing happened ^^;

I lulz when that happens. But really if you Shoot Someone in the face with any arrow they should be dead. (player characters to)
Whispering shadows
Vel'akar

Location: In the deepest, darkest, depths of an forgotten crypt. Alone. Forever.

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 am

WHY WON'T MY BOSMER EAT THOSE SHE KILLS?! And marry Elrindir in the Drunken Huntsman? :(

And I do like that nice mod that gave me something more wood-person appropriate for my rangery self...

Story time! So here I was, looking for a mammoth tusk, and not using the interwebs to find where one might be lying about (and this is early in the game, of course, so still learning the stuffs). I was going to hunt me one and try to be slick around those giants. Anywho, so here I was eyeballing a Giant camp to see if any mammoths might be near by. I left my companion and horse some yards away to avoid them ruining my sneaking about.

So I'm not seeing any mammoths and I'm trying to decide if I want to even attempt to kite this lone giant... and my horse runs by. "WTF?" I say out loud, and then start to panic as the giant starts to run in the same general direction - horses are expensive, man! What the hell, horse, what is your problem? But then I see him peel off elsewhere and in comes this massive dragon, trying to land on said giant. Giant makes like a tree and leaves.

Of course Lydia then comes running in yelling her warcries, so we get ourselves a nice epic dragon fight. I then ransack the giant's camp (mm, mammoth cheese...) and gtfo just as he's sorta strolling back. Then I search for my horse, who conveniently is chilling by some random, off-road shrine to Talos.

Good times. I eventually got my tusk from watching a mammoth appear above the land and then fall to its death. There were easier discoveries of tusks later, but eh, if mammoths wanna try and fly then I have no trouble reaping the benefits of their failures.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Kern » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:47 am

Tsuris wrote:SKYRIM

DISCUSS IT!

No Lydia, i don't want you to carry my burden. I want you to **** off so i can have a less nagging companion. say a cute dark elf mage.
Played a male Kajiit . Melee , conjuration and smiting specialization. Hard to die with legendary armors on with every armor bonuses.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby Avalon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 am

I never bring a companion with me if I can avoid it. Makes sneaking harder.

Besides, I feel that, if I can't solo a dragon, I don't deserve to be called Dovahkiin.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Next

Return to Game hub