A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Guild Wars 2

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Tsuris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:20 am

Kern wrote:
Exastiken wrote:
Kern wrote:Vomiting candy corns excess while trying to do the mad tower for the 100th time in the nude? 8P

seriously, i don't know if its an haloween event or regular but there is that hidden dongeon in the southern shiverpeaks where enemies are immortals and can only be avoided with a specific torch. Drop the torch and they swarm over you. Jumping puzzle in pitch black. Boss that seek to destroy light. Pretty epic.

I remember that, the one with the note on the door, right? That was a HARD dungeon.

yes the one with the note.

My char is level 80 now but i've missed the november special event. :(

Wait, what, you're already level 80?!

Dammit everyone's getting there before me *upset* ; ^ ;
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Catriana » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 am

Don't worry, we can not be level 80 together ;)
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jiharn » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:22 am

I should drag the both of you kicking and screaming to 80. >=(
For now, I'm just biding my time until Tsuris is up and active for me to snare in a net.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Tsuris » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Jiharn wrote:I should drag the both of you kicking and screaming to 80. >=(
For now, I'm just biding my time until Tsuris is up and active for me to snare in a net.

Well I'll be online today on either my Thief or my Necromancer *smallsmile*
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby cougarmadcat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 am

The last post was last November but I wanted to say hi to other GW2 players. I'm not on Maguuma but have been killed by quite a few Maguuma players on world vs world. I'm not the greatest player but I have fun. I'm on Darkhaven world. I'm glad to see that others here do like the game.
cougarmadcat
Tik'tikki

Postby Whizzard » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:21 pm

I play GW2, on Far Shiverpeaks server, occasionally, but it doesn't stay fun for long. At level 80 there's two things to do: you either go and enjoy the rest of the story or if you want the dungeon gear, you grind like a madman.

I have made a few observations though that i feel Arenanet should fix.
First of all: enemies either have too little HP or they have too much.
Too little and there is no challenge. Too much and it's a grind.

Secondly: some enemies hit too hard too often and you heal too little too rarely and woe be me when there's more than one of them. Sometimes you are killed in seconds and there is nothing you can do. Even if you have someone with you, even if you have a full group. You are at full health and then BAM! you are flat on your ass and you don't even know what hit you. I remember how once our group was fighting a spider boss and I rarely got a shot at the boss because I was too busy not dieing. And I wasn't even the target. I didn't feel like was doing anything in the group and I was the warrior with most health and strongest defenses. I was too busy not dieing. Not to mention the overall random chaos nature of the combat.

Those are the only two gripes I have with the game and I'd feel a lot better if AN did something about them.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:55 pm

So... Guild Wars 2.

What to say? This thread has been dead for a while, but well... Now that the first expansion is coming (After so many ***** years!), what are people thinking of it? Waiting for anticipation and glee, or is this game already kinda dead in people's minds out here?

...Yeah, I jumped onto boat quite late, only last year summertime. Still, love the game these days.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Varzil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:38 am

after watching this nice compilation video of new features, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFUffcijOI I'm looking forward to it, just hoping I have enough friends actively playing to enjoy some of the content(vs a solo slog through tricky fights)
Varzil
Tik'tikki

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:27 pm

A random question, does anyone play Guild wars 2 on "Underworld" server these days?
Now that HoT was released, I kinda want to get more into friend zone with lot of people to have fun with...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:49 am

I have been thinking about returning but will see. Work takes all the tiem.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Varzil » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm on Tarnished coast, but with guesting and the megaserver stuff, it's easy to play with folks from other servers
Varzil
Tik'tikki

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Game hub