A forum dedicated to talking about the latest games and game systems! Share your thoughts on and opinions on up coming games or old classics!

Multiplayers

Multiplayers

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Got a favorite multiplayer game?

I like Trine 2 very much, mostly because of the art style and your team is forced to work together (no room for the 1 man show you see in shooters).

I'm also a big MMO fan, but lately I've stopped playing to take a break. The last one that I played was SWTOR from launch, but once I reached endgame the fun dropped considerably :( I've been through a bunch of other MMOs, mostly korean, but the one that I spent about 5 years in was WoW.

I also own a couple console multiplayers on my PS1, like Crash Team Racing and Tekken.

Though, if there's one thing I hate to play the most, it's shooters and MOBAs like LoL... really bad communities
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Multiplayers

Postby Elkantar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:38 am

Big MMO player here.

Been playing since Everquest. I really got into it with World of Warcraft, having been a raid leader for several successful hard-core guilds. =] I tried SWToR, but as you said the fun really dropped once you hit max level. =\ I miss my Light-side True Sith Inquisitor.

Ive tried and have been disappointed with Diablo 3, as it is not the game I was really expecting. Hoping Torchlight 2 will live up to the name...
Elkantar
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Whispering shadows » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 am

lol I quit mmo's after swg went down. I'm still bummed over that.
Whispering shadows
Vel'akar

Location: In the deepest, darkest, depths of an forgotten crypt. Alone. Forever.

Postby Hfar » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:02 am

Well I gotta say I am digging Left 4 Dead 2 right now.
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jiharn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Hmmm...I haven't been doing as much multiplayer as of late. Some single-player games I enjoy or have enjoyed also have multiplayer options, such as the Dynasty Warriors series or Europa Universalis 3. As far as MMOs go, my first one was FFXI; I played and enjoyed that for several years, before playing WoW. I've been MMO-clean for nearly a whole year now! I'm going to break my streak pretty soon with Guild Wars 2, however.
I have online multiplayer shooters like L4D2 and TF2, and I've had fun with them. However, my video card at the moment has begun to putter out and can't run those smoothly anymore, so none of that until I replace it.
I also play Minecraft from time to time when inspiration strikes me for something. I also have a personal server set up and available to run, in case anyone else is interested (and wants to see my castle). :)
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am

My name is metzger, and I am....I am..a Free to Play owner of TF2.... I was curios about it, then i found out that it was for free, so I steamed it and have played it since then.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm

So I've noticed that there were a couple of us that played MMOs around here

so let's get this going: Anyone interested in networking? I've got several via steam and elsewhere. All are on EST servers, playing at EST (GMT -5) hours:

MMO (I mess around in F2P every so often but most of my high levels are in WoW and SWTOR)
Dungeons & dragons Online
WoW
AoC
Realm of the Mad God
Dragon Nest
SWTOR
TERA
Forsaken World
Vindictus
Pandora Saga

multiplayer
Borderlands
Diablo II
Garry's Mod
minecraft (rarely, it hurts my eyes)
Starcraft 2
Mount & blade/warband/with fire and sword
Portal 2 (with lots of mods)
Trine II
Terarria
Civilization 5
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Avalon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:06 pm

@Dalvyserran, I wouldn't have been opposed to playing a game of Civ 5 with you, if it weren't for the little fact that I'm playing on a CET (GMT +1) server.
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination

Postby Hfar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:06 pm

I play Starcraft II and Minecraft, but I haven't played them with other people. Could be fun.

I also play a lot of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if anyone's interested. Just don't be surprised if I choose to play a "scum sucking, kill stealing, nasty poopy pants archer," m'kay? ;)
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shrg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 pm

I play a lot of different games and mostly in multplayer.
For the MMOs I play:
Eve: online
If you play it you know there is only one server for the whole world so it doesnt matter, but if you want to play with me be warned: I'm a person who is wanted by concord because I'm a pirate which means I will propably shot you if you dont announce yourself.

WoW: My subscribtion is running out at the moment and I dont plan to play it anymore.

World of Tanks: I play on the US and the Eu server but on the Us server i only have up to tier 7.

For the rest of the multiplayers:
Diablo 2 (one ladder and two mule chars on Eu)
Path of Exile
Borderlands 1/2
Modern Warfare 2
L4D 1/2
CS:GO and Source
Portal 2
Starcraft 2 but only on the EU battlenet
Warcraft 3 the same
TF2 (I havent played that one in years)

If you want to play CS with me I have to say I will only play on a server at least somewhere in Europe else the latency is to bad. For the rest I dont need a good latency
Shrg
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Strossus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 am

I used to play Anarchy Online, been clean for about two years now though.
Still trying not to go back. xD

I play Borderlands 1/2 (mostly 2).
Magic the Gathering Online. (I'm Elbinac. *gasp*)
I have a grandmaster account for The Secret World, but I only logged on to play it once. It's free now though..
I have Diablo 3, but I don't really get into pinata games so haven't played it more than a couple minutes.
Sometimes I mess around getting my bum kicked by the bots on TF2
*shrug*
Strossus
Demon

Postby Whizzard » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 am

I play Source mods online and lately Chivalry or Planetside 2. I've gotten pretty good with Infiltrator class in PS2, not everyone get 3 kill combos with a knife and a pistol in CQC with a class that is made of glass and lacking in shirt range firepower but can cloak. I like to think I've put it's ability to create chaos into use pretty well. It really puts the enemy in trouble if you manage to hack their tank shop console for your own side and spawn a battle tank behind their lines.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm

If you folks ever happen to see a Mii named Thomyorkie, that's me :3
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Crilltic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 am

I've really been playing the hell out of Defiance lately, fun game if a bit buggy.

Other Game's I play:

Shooters:
Blacklight
Planetside 2
Battlefield 3

Strategy:
Sins of a Solar Empire
Supreme Commander (If anyone plays this you earn a Crilltic Cookie, the most valuable artifact known to man)
Starcraft II (Note i really suck at Starcraft)
Civilization V (This may have appeared on my hard drive shortly after bittorrent did...total lack of correlation however)

MMO's:
I've played EVE in the past but only a little, however I have a ton of keys since PAX
I'm really up to try any MMO as long as it's FTP (I'm allergic to spending money)
Defiance

Other Games I have but are currently abandon-ware:
TF2
Minecraft
Terraria
Portal 2
Crilltic
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Strossus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 am

I've currently an old friend trying to talk me into giving star trek online another chance.
I'm not sure how I feel about it though..
Strossus
Demon

Next

Return to Game hub