Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

"Web site blocked by NETGEAR Firewall"

"Web site blocked by NETGEAR Firewall"

Postby Redaed » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't know if I'm the only person experiencing this issue, but your RSS feed is being blocked by the NETGEAR firewall for some reason - presumably because it thinks you have a virus or somesuch. This just started a day or two ago. Any idea on what might have caused it?
Redaed
Tik'tikki

Re: "Web site blocked by NETGEAR Firewall"

Postby Vilx- » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Does the page have any links to an explanation WHY the feed is blocked? Maybe you can send me a screenshot or something?

The RSS feed works for me, but this morning I did get an odd message too - when I opened Drowtales I was redirected to "beeline.ru" that told me in clear Russian language that the "IP address was blocked pending investigation". I have no idea what beeline.ru has to do with Drowtales. Cloudflare (our CDN) doesn't even have a mirror server in Russia.

However in about 10 minutes the problem went away as mysteriously as it appeared. So I don't know where what happened. I suspect that maybe my ISP (or the ISP of my ISP or something) has dealings with beeline.ru for blocking known bad IP addresses or something.

Anyways, if Drowtales (or rather, Cloudflare's) IP address has made it to some blacklist, I do not know which one it is, why it's there, and how to get it out. I would much like to get any information about this.

Btw - this wouldn't be a first. Cloudflare has a bit of a bad reputation for refusing to shut down service to known malicious users, so it' has made it to some blacklists before. I don't know how how to feel about it - on one hand the loyalty to customers is commendable. On the other hand, it does create some problems for the rest of us...
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Return to technical support