Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

Login cookie bug - changing password

Login cookie bug - changing password

Postby Saishuuheiki » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 am

There's a bug with your front-page (drowtales.com) log-in cookie.

I changed the password of my account. (Forgot it so had to recover and set a new one). From then on I couldn't log-in on the front page. If I logged in it would reload the page and I'd be no longer logged in. I was still able to log-in on the daydream page, however I would be logged out again if I went to the front page.

The problem is it had my login cookie stored from before, so it would try to use that to log in, which had a password, so it didn't log me in. The solution to fix this was to clear my cookies for the site. You should consider having your site clear the log-in cookie if the login/password is rejected.
Saishuuheiki
Tik'tikki

Re: Login cookie bug - changing password

Postby Kern » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:21 pm

It does clear old cookies. At least it should. What browser are you using and do you have any add-on installed?
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Login cookie bug - changing password

Postby Vilx- » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Odd indeed. We have sometime in the past had cookies with a wrong domain set, but there is a fix in place for that. If it comes up again, please don't clean the cookies but contact me instead. I want to debug this.

The same goes for everyone else - if you get this odd problem, please tell me instead of just clearing the cookies.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Return to technical support