Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

Livestream page

Livestream page

Postby valesse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 am

Perhaps I'm not a super genius, but I was completely unable to work the livestream page when I visited today.
I could see the Kite/Kern screens (the justin.tv ads would -not- go away, additionally), though neither were updating and while I could see the chat being active with all the delightfully random chatter than normally happens in drowtales stream chats I was unable to locate any field/indication for a field anywhere on the page. I even went as far as to pour through previous news articles to see if there were some mysterious clues left there but -alas- found none.

I would love to be able to sit in on the streams again (I miss them!) but this current set up isn't jiving.

Would the fact that I'm using Firefox be the issue (given that sometimes web code doesn't like Firefox as much as other systems)? Is this a common problem? Am I just blind/deaf/dumb and missed something really obvious?

My money is on the latter, but I'd still like some direction if that is the case, thanks.
valesse
Nether Seed

Re: Livestream page

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 am

going by that problem description, i'd say you're lacking a (free) DT page account* or are not logged in.
am i right?

*not the same as a forum account. registration can be reached via hovering the mouse over "login" in the upper left corner of the main page.

p.s.:
@Vilx-: maybe a small hint on the livestream page would be a good idea.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Vilx- » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am

No video - that's probably Justin.tv/Flash related. Or perhaps you have some weird firewalls/proxy servers/whatevers. I doubt I can do much there. Try refreshing the page a couple of times, maybe that helps. Also check if viewing directly on Justin.tv works.

No chat input box - yes, you need to login. Registration is free, just check the loginbar at the top of the page. Good call about the hint - I'll add that later.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 pm

while you're at it...
i just noticed that the livestream page and the store page appear to be lacking a link to the main page.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Vilx- » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 pm

True. I'll see what I can do.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby valesse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks, yes, I wasn't signed in. *facepalm* How embarrassing it was such an easy answer.
As for the video it probably is a connectivity issue on my end.

Thank you both for the help!
valesse
Nether Seed

Return to technical support