Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

Deleting posts in the Relic Hunter Forums

Deleting posts in the Relic Hunter Forums

Postby Tsuris » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am

Not sure if this is the place for this or not, but we are not able to delete posts in the Relic Hunter Forum or the Relic Hunter Role Play Sub-Forum. This would be useful because there's a bug where sometimes someone will make a post and the site will make a copy of that post and post it again. So we'll have 2 of the same posts. I'm not really sure why that happens, but just recently we ended up having 3 of the same post in one of the RPs were doing. ^^;

If it could be fixed so that we can delete posts there, it'll make this kind of thing easier to deal with :)
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Deleting posts in the Relic Hunter Forums

Postby Vilx- » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:51 am

Note: I'm not responsible for the forum, I can't fix it. But I do have some ideas.

I suspect that the "double post" happens because someone hits the "Submit" button twice, whether by accident or by impatience. Also, I suspect that there is no "delete own post" permission, and giving the permission for everyone to delete everyone's posts would be... dangerous. So you'll need to petition a moderator to delete for you. Alternatively you can edit the topic and replace the subject/contents with something like "Delete me!", so that it doesn't bother the overall forum, and the next time a moderator comes around he/she will notice it.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Tsuris » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Vilx- wrote:Note: I'm not responsible for the forum, I can't fix it. But I do have some ideas.

I suspect that the "double post" happens because someone hits the "Submit" button twice, whether by accident or by impatience. Also, I suspect that there is no "delete own post" permission, and giving the permission for everyone to delete everyone's posts would be... dangerous. So you'll need to petition a moderator to delete for you. Alternatively you can edit the topic and replace the subject/contents with something like "Delete me!", so that it doesn't bother the overall forum, and the next time a moderator comes around he/she will notice it.

No I meant just deleting your own posts,not everyone's posts XD

We can't even delete our own posts, is what I should have said I guess ^^;
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 am

i think he understood you right, but thinks that there is no separate "delete own post" right the admin could give you.
the rest of the forum has this option, though, Vilx-. so that's definitely not the problem.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Return to technical support