Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

Account Assistance

Account Assistance

Postby Antirius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:05 am

This will probably seem like an incredibly lame question, but where on the Subscriptions page do I cancel an existing subscription? I'm trying to transfer over said subscription to a new card but I don't seem to find where to either A ) cancel the old sub, or B ) update the payment information.
Antirius
Tik'tikki

Re: Account Assistance

Postby Vilx- » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 am

Actually it's not dumb. We don't have an "unsubscribe" button. :P You have to cancel your subscription through PayPal.

The reason is not laziness, but that PayPal doesn't provide an API to do this in a sensible way. There is an "unsubscribe button" option, but it doesn't allow us to specify which subscription to cancel (because you can have several). So you'd still have to make the selection at PayPal's website.

The same goes about modifying a subscription, for which they don't have ANYTHING at all. So if you want to change, you have to cancel and then resubscribe.

Anyways, I haven't checked the updates to their API for a while, and after I'm done with PTP, I might check it out again. Perhaps they have improved.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Tsukiko » Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello!
Does it mean that if I want to add a suscription to my current account, I should cancel my account and do it anew?
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Vilx- » Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Well, you can just buy a new subscription too. :) You can have multiple subscriptions for one account, no problem. :) Of course, if you buy several subscriptions at once you get a little discount, so if you want that, you'll have to cancel your old subscription and start anew.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Tsukiko » Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 pm

hey, thanks for the quick answer!
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Return to technical support