Bug report, subscription issue, site downtime, general mayhem reports goes here.

PTP BETA - Avatar

PTP BETA - Avatar

Postby Shoedrinker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:27 pm

So, following your recent post in the news, I went ahead to "go and poke around" and created a character (Mars'erl). Everything seems fine to me, with the possible exception of not being able to upload an avatar. When I try to do so, it displays a message: "Error saving avatar image!". However, I don't know if this is a real error or a problem with the image's size and properties (I used an old path to power image that appeared on the drowtales main site of 150 X 150 and 6.15 Kb). Nor do I appear to have an immediate way of knowing (I think the message should, by design, proportionate this information to the player as part of the philosophy of "good customer experience". Otherwise, in an extreme case, he or she may consider quitting in rage at not knowing what is wrong, or, at the very least, be annoyed by it).

Also, the image that appears in place of the avatar is not the same as other people's characters. It is a compressed version of the screen capture of the PTP Beta website.

Besides that, nothing else seems out place to me. I'm not able to "Submit a project", "Advise the queen" nor see the archives ("Not Found The requested URL /~pathtopower/beta/archive.php was not found on this server"). But I suppose those are normal. ^^;

For the record, I don't possess a PTP subscription (though I plan to acquire one in the foreseeable future). :)

Thanks a lot, Vilx-!
Shoedrinker
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: PTP BETA - Avatar

Postby Vilx- » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Oops, sorry about that! There, try now!
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Shoedrinker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Well... that is weird. After seeing your response I went to the beta page and saw the same image other characters have:

However, after that, I tried to upload a different avatar. It didn't display the same error message, but at the end of the process, instead of the selected image, it returned to the screen capture of the PTP Beta website. *ooo*

Well, anyway, thanks a lot again!
Shoedrinker
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Vilx- » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Ack, that's either Cloudflare or your own browser cache. I'll take note and fix that in a future update.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 pm

There, I purged Cloudflare cache. Try htting Ctrl+F5 in your browser, and you should see the new image. Updating the avatar though will still have problems. :(
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Shoedrinker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Now it properly displays the last image I tried to upload, my own avatar. *wee*

PTP BEta site: Image

My own avatar: Image

The two match from my point of view.

Again, thanks!
Shoedrinker
Summoner