Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Diva: The New Caretaker of Sharess's Legacy

Diva: The New Caretaker of Sharess's Legacy

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:28 am

I had a thought. Since Diva's new mission is resurrecting her Grand Aunt by scouring the netherworlds, wouldn't Diva'ratrika come to same logical conclusion as Sha'sana and taint/merge herself? According to the Longest Wait, Diva knew next to nothing in depth about the nether arts.

And now her lifelong mission is not only mastery of the gates but sifting her away through thousands of worlds and nether beings to find Sharess's aura. Of course, digging through so many gates and possibly encountering so many potential unknown nether creatures, the only surefire protection is the safe taint.

Additionally, Diva will then become a master of nether summoning in this new journey.

It's almost ironic that Diva, who fell to Snadhya and nether demons, would eventually become a master of nether.

Which got me thinking, do you think Diva would begin to understand Snadhya better? Especially if she taint merges herself in order to resurrect Sharess.

Or do you think Diva will refuse to taint/merge herself?
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Diva: The New Caretaker of Sharess's Legacy

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I've held the belief that Diva is already merged, but not as a nether demon

She might try to repeat the process with Sharess
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SFI » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:16 pm

That's a good point tho... Would Diva count as a 'Vel'akar' of sorts and thus be safe-guarded from demons, or is she still as vulnerable to those are yonder untainted drow? Theoretically after all, the aura HAS a second user, but said user is of the ether-variaty...
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

For years, all I wanted Diva to do was do another aether transfer into Sharess' corpse, and assert authority over the city. She knows what's going on with Snadhya, and now that Sha is dead there is no one left but Diva to pass on such valuable knowledge

Diva knows no one will listen to a child,but they will listen to her pretending to be Sharess reborn.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Well if Nishi and Chrys fail, I can see Diva trying it.

And I would hazard a wild guess that Diva's not nether immune simply because she's still made out of a demon's idea of Banana's Foster. If anything, assuming she's "double aura'd" you think she'd be even tastier than normal.

Actually now that I think about it, why isnt Sharess super super old? Like as in dust in that jar? Her aura is gone right? Yet her body is somehow still producing mana? Doesnt that imply a separation between aura and conscious? Its like, she took a chunk of her aura out, and transferred her memory to that as a summon much like Diva, but then because she somehow didnt kill herself doing it, unlike Diva, her body is still alive producing mana. *hmmm*

Unless... she REALLY is a corpse, as Kiel seems to think, in which case anyone, Diva, Sharess or Snadhya would have to become a golem trying to reanimate it.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Return to Questions and World setting