Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Where's Ariel?

Where's Ariel?

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 am

What happened to this being Ariel's story?
The first part of Moonless Age was about Ariel, and we got to see the world of the webcomic mostly from her point of view, but it seems like she has dropped off of the map and is no longer relevant. She pops up every now and then, but now we keep focusing on other characters.
When will this be Ariel's story again? Now that she's grown up, I wanna see her cave Snad's stupid face in and save the day!
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Where's Ariel?

Postby partner555 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:05 am

It is not always about Ariel. She is merely one of the main characters. Rest assured, given her central placement in the cover page of this chapter, I believe she will play a large role in this chapter as soon as the Shinae conflict is handled on the Sharen side.

Given what Kern was asking for with regards to the Sargh cameos, we can make a guess that it might involve a large faction (Suube) questioning Ariel's right and ability to rule.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 am

partner555 wrote:It is not always about Ariel. She is merely one of the main characters. Rest assured, given her central placement in the cover page of this chapter, I believe she will play a large role in this chapter as soon as the Shinae conflict is handled on the Sharen side.

Given what Kern was asking for with regards to the Sargh cameos, we can make a guess that it might involve a large faction (Suube) questioning Ariel's right and ability to rule.

"Right and ability to rule"?
What about Quain'tana?
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Postby partner555 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:09 am

TheFinalFan wrote:
partner555 wrote:It is not always about Ariel. She is merely one of the main characters. Rest assured, given her central placement in the cover page of this chapter, I believe she will play a large role in this chapter as soon as the Shinae conflict is handled on the Sharen side.

"Right and ability to rule"?
What about Quain'tana?

Not sure. I merely made an assumption within my guesswork. I could be wrong.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shanna66 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:10 am

just got to give the other characters some screen time. dt has a freaking huge cast. its something i love and hate about the comic. it makes for great world building but not so great story pacing at times lol. this whole showing what everyone did around the demon god time thing is one giant cluster of going back and forth because of it

im sure ariel will be back as the center of attention soon. i need to see some cute faen :)
Shanna66
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:14 am

What IS the demon god, exactly?
Is it Sharess? What was it doing to Kharla?
Ugh...why does everyone else seem to understand more of what is going on than I do?
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Postby Dalvyserran » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 pm

TheFinalFan wrote:What happened to this being Ariel's story?
The first part of Moonless Age was about Ariel, and we got to see the world of the webcomic mostly from her point of view, but it seems like she has dropped off of the map and is no longer relevant. She pops up every now and then, but now we keep focusing on other characters.
When will this be Ariel's story again? Now that she's grown up, I wanna see her cave Snad's stupid face in and save the day!

Ariel is the one character with the most reoccuring appearances in this whole comic, followed by her useless cheerleader Faen.

There are other characters to consider, and we have been following the other child cast members in the meantime.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Khora2150 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:02 pm

TheFinalFan wrote:What IS the demon god, exactly?
Ugh...why does everyone else seem to understand more of what is going on than I do?

Just have to read the comic.
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Shanna66 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:23 pm

i think it was just some powerful demon. i think its dead now so we wont see it again? and i think it was feeding off of kharla but now she is dead so it really doesnt matter anymore

idk, dont worry though, you arent the only one confused by it. that plotline hadnt been touched in years and never really did go into much detail. i had forgotten that plot even existed until these past few chapters lol
Shanna66
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 am

TheFinalFan wrote:Ugh...why does everyone else seem to understand more of what is going on than I do?
Most of us dont know anything. We just enjoy speculating loudly.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby partner555 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:36 am

No, I don't know what the demon god is either.
Khora2150 wrote:

Just have to read the comic.

That doesn't help much actually. Links to specific pages might help.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:05 am

mentions on the demon god

First mentioned as wanting a shard and that 'he' would not come out of the gate without it, I think I heard somewhere that the mask and hairdecorations Kharla wears then is supposed to represent what they believed the demon god would look like. Kharla seems to want to bring it over, I suspect that's largely due to Senekha's influence.
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=463

It was originally Senekha's scheme to rule the world. She talks about the plan here and a little of what the demon god is, shortly before she's executed.
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=5263

Ni'bai is after Senekha's notes, she's taken the shard and she just wants to summon the demon god in the name of vengeance and destruction of everything
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=7411

I'm pretty sure there's a few more mentions here and there, reminding us about Ni'bai still existing and plotting but I'm too tired to look them all up at the moment. They pretty much just hide away biding their time, feeding up the shard until kiel slips up years later and they get access to Kharla. those links show pretty much all we know about the demon god before it's summoned.
There's a lot of speculation going on of course, there always is. I don't personally believe it's linked to Sharess at all. I find rereading the comic when confused to be the best option. It's just been going on for so long you're bound to be confused by some things if you don't.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby partner555 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 am

Rilla Treespirit wrote:mentions on the demon god

First mentioned as wanting a shard and that 'he' would not come out of the gate without it, I think I heard somewhere that the mask and hairdecorations Kharla wears then is supposed to represent what they believed the demon god would look like. Kharla seems to want to bring it over, I suspect that's largely due to Senekha's influence.
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=463

It was originally Senekha's scheme to rule the world. She talks about the plan here and a little of what the demon god is, shortly before she's executed.
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=5263

Ni'bai is after Senekha's notes, she's taken the shard and she just wants to summon the demon god in the name of vengeance and destruction of everything
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=7411
Thanks for the links ^^
I'm pretty sure there's a few more mentions here and there, reminding us about Ni'bai still existing and plotting but I'm too tired to look them all up at the moment. They pretty much just hide away biding their time, feeding up the shard until kiel slips up years later and they get access to Kharla. those links show pretty much all we know about the demon god before it's summoned.
There's a lot of speculation going on of course, there always is. I don't personally believe it's linked to Sharess at all. I find rereading the comic when confused to be the best option. It's just been going on for so long you're bound to be confused by some things if you don't.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Return to Questions and World setting