Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters (Finished!)

Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters (Finished!)

Postby Thrair » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:47 am

So, because the wiki is down, TVTropes is where a lot of us seem to be turning for information on the setting. Most of it's in good shape, but few of the cameos have been given entries.

I'm starting to rectify this, and have already made some entries for a few of the new cameos in Chapter 49. I'll be working backwards from there. If anyone has any characters in particular that they want entries for, or spots errors I've made, please speak up. I'll also be cleaning up the page and fixing some formatting issues I've spotted as I go. But in a slapdash fashion.

Do note that cameo entries will be somewhat limited as I have to go by canon appearances and limited detail from concept art. Feel free to improve 'em if you know more. :)

Oh, and one question, I assume the entry in the Kyorl section for "Mal" is the Mal'ligr of the current chapter, aye? As sponsored by Bast? I'm pretty sure they are, but don't want to make alterations to that entry without being sure.
Last edited by Thrair on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters.

Postby partner555 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 am

Isn't there a link to the concept? There are usually links.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thrair » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am

This is the link on TVTropes to a character titled simply "Mal".

This is the link to Bast's Chapter 49 cameo.

Pretty sure they're the same, but want to make sure.
Thrair
Demon

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:54 am

Thrair wrote:This is the link on TVTropes to a character titled simply "Mal".

They are.

And fantastic work, dahling.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby partner555 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 am

Thrair wrote:This is the link on TVTropes to a character titled simply "Mal".

Just so you know, some cameo owners get more than one concept. Take Inquisitor Arinara for example. She has one for Chapter 42 and one for Chapter 49.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thrair » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh yeah. I know. Some people have recurring cameos. Fame is probably the most notable.

Hoping I can squeak mine in again for chapter 50. If not, ah well. I'll cook someone up. :)
Thrair
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Very cool! Thank you for doing this!

*Hopes Kyu'Dosha gets an entry*
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thrair » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:10 pm

I had to pull out a magnifying glass to read that (ok, I actually just did a copypaste into notepad), but she now has an entry. :)

I assumed she was Chelian Illhard'dro and put her in that listing. If she's actually Nuqrah'Sharian, I can move it with a quick copy-paste.

Side note, I've got Chapter 49 cameos about 60% updated, but I've a few questions:
1: Anyone know if any of the Truthseekers belong to a specific order? Otherwise I've got 'em set up in the Kyorl Miscellaneous section.
2: Xharidil'uit is Gem76's cameo... but I can't figure out which bloodline she belongs to. She's Vel, so it's gotta be one of 'em. Anyone know?
3: Eve is the pink-haired girl accompanying Anahid and Mau's cameo. Does she not have a concept art? Not finding one, in any event.

UPDATE: Barring two Sharen cameos I need confirmation on regarding bloodline, I think I've got all the Chapter 49 cameos updated and with at least a basic entry. Holler if you spot one I missed. Will hit Chapter 48, next.
Thrair
Demon

Postby wolfdancer95 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 am

I used to edit the drowtales character sheets as well, I'll help with keeping it up to date.

From what I remember, the cameo's from the first cameo call, the civil war arc is pretty up to date, the shargress section having more detail, I think that the District shimish Cameo's are there?

Also, should we put a screen shot of the character with their tropes, to make it easier at a glance to know who it is? unless there is a cap on pictures on a page.
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Nori » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm not entirely sure if Eve is a cameo or not tbh((as I don't recall seeing any concepts in the news posts or elsewhere, but have no definite proof either way)), and thanks a butt-ton for putting a more comprehensive list together, it's a LOT of work you've already put in and very very much appreciated :>!((and thank you to Wolfdancer and anyone else assisting as well, mvp of the forums ;u;!))
Nori
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Thrair » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:37 am

Thanks. Honestly, more than adding the cameos is fixing the formatting.

Whoever worked on Drowtales pages initially (credit to all the work they did, mind you) set the precedent of using parentheses in all the entries. This makes it a little difficult to read and edit, and also doesn't mesh well with the site's typical format. There's a few other minor things, but that's the most common issue.

Correcting it's not especially hard, but it is a bit time-consuming. Strangely pleasant, though. Maybe it's my OCD being satisfied. Kinda like how I like to clean as long as I can see visible results.
Thrair
Demon

Postby wolfdancer95 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:48 am

[quote="Thrair"]Thanks. Honestly, more than adding the cameos is fixing the formatting.

Whoever worked on Drowtales pages initially (credit to all the work they did, mind you) set the precedent of using parentheses in all the entries. This makes it a little difficult to read and edit, and also doesn't mesh well with the site's typical format. There's a few other minor things, but that's the most common issue.

Correcting it's not especially hard, but it is a bit time-consuming. Strangely pleasant, though. Maybe it's my OCD being satisfied. Kinda like how I like to clean as long as I can see visible results.[/quote

I was wondering why they were there, since I've never seen it on any other page on tvtropes :O more you know.
wolfdancer95
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Thrair » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 am

Alright, I have gotten all of Chapter 49's cameos done, and am mid-way through Chapter 48. Does anyone know if there's a complete list of the cameos for that chapter? I've done a few of 'em, and some were already done (made only a few minor additions to these)... but only a couple had concept art drawn of them, so I'm not sure I got 'em all.

I added (very basic) entries for:
Sol'iania
Manoj
San'dellora

I found existing entries for:
Verthandi
Thalestris
Ischa
Nin'diil

Are there any other cameos for this chapter? It's hard for me to be sure, given it was a special commission chapter.

Otherwise, I'm going to start on Chapter 47. And hoo boy, that's a lot of Wolf cameos.
Thrair
Demon

Postby SFI » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 am

Thrair wrote:Alright, I have gotten all of Chapter 49's cameos done, and am mid-way through Chapter 48. Does anyone know if there's a complete list of the cameos for that chapter? I've done a few of 'em, and some were already done (made only a few minor additions to these)... but only a couple had concept art drawn of them, so I'm not sure I got 'em all.

Sol'iania
Manoj
San'dellora

Verthandi
Thalestris
Ischa
Nin'diil

I think that were all the cameos... I faintly remember something of only a couple characters cameoing in it.
Are there any other cameos for this chapter? It's hard for me to be sure, given it was a special commission chapter.

Otherwise, I'm going to start on Chapter 47. And hoo boy, that's a lot of Wolf cameos.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby partner555 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Thrair wrote:Alright, I have gotten all of Chapter 49's cameos done, and am mid-way through Chapter 48. Does anyone know if there's a complete list of the cameos for that chapter? I've done a few of 'em, and some were already done (made only a few minor additions to these)... but only a couple had concept art drawn of them, so I'm not sure I got 'em all.

Sol'iania
Manoj
San'dellora

Verthandi
Thalestris
Ischa
Nin'diil

Try asking Khora. I think he/she sponsored that chapter.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Questions and World setting