Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters (Finished!)

Re: Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters.

Postby Thrair » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:43 am

Khora2150 wrote:I did indeed :)

Though I had a group collective to help brainstorm the cameos and for us suggest ideas. Dalvyserran, Catriana, Nerdycanuck. SFI was included as I suspected this was to be the last of the Beld chapters.

Did I miss any, then?

On a side note, I've got about two thirds of Chapter 47's cameos updated. Most of the remainder are recurring Sarghress cameos. There's a few I could use some help with, though.

First off, Page 120, 6th panel near the bottom:
-Eruva (mooncrafter)
-Ma'lessi (Writer)
These two are listed in the cameo archive thread as appearing on the page. Neither has concept art, as both seem to be minor cameos. I *think* the brunette is Eruva and Ma'lessi the one offering to buy a round, as all the other characters on the page are accounted for. But I can't say for sure which is which.

Secondly, Taldrin's listed as a Chapter 47 cameo in the same thread, but I don't see him on any page in Chapter 47. He isn't listed as appearing on any page, either... it's blank. He has concept art, tho.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Postby Dalvyserran » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:52 am

Tsukiko said once that she had Taldrin refunded.

Eruva and malessi appear right next to each other.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Thrair » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Aye. Again, all the other cameos on that page I've accounted for. I know which two they are. But I don't know which one is Eruva and whish one is Ma'lessi.

*EDIT* Update... I finally finished basic entries for all the Sarghress cameos in Chapter 47, except for Eruva and Ma'lessi. Damned if there's not a crap-load of you bloody wolves out there. And most of them recurring, to boot. Holler if I missed any, aye?

Gonna go through now and polish off the miscellaneous cameos from other clans that I've deferred. Kinda dreading Chapter 50... 62 cameos? Hoo, boy.
Thrair
Demon

Postby Thrair » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:22 am

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm done with Chapter 47's cameos. With the exception of Eruva, Ma'lessi, and Kite's teacher cameo. I'm stuck on those. If anyone spots one I missed, holler. Otherwise I'ma start on Chapter 46 in the next day or so.

I don't know why, but this has been surprisingly fun. Although when XCOM2 comes out, I'll probably take a break for a week. :P
Thrair
Demon

Postby partner555 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 am

Thrair wrote:Aye. Again, all the other cameos on that page I've accounted for. I know which two they are. But I don't know which one is Eruva and whish one is Ma'lessi.

*EDIT* Update... I finally finished basic entries for all the Sarghress cameos in Chapter 47, except for Eruva and Ma'lessi. Damned if there's not a crap-load of you bloody wolves out there. And most of them recurring, to boot. Holler if I missed any, aye?

Gonna go through now and polish off the miscellaneous cameos from other clans that I've deferred. Kinda dreading Chapter 50... 62 cameos? Hoo, boy.

Don't worry, there are plenty of readers her who are tropers. Heck, it's BECAUSE of Drowtales I found TvTropes.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Thank you again so much for doing this!

Where did you place Al'tech though, I can't seem to find him:
http://drowtales.deviantart.com/art/Ch4 ... -507214867
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thrair » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Yah, I found Drowtales through TVTropes, too.

@Junglefowl, Al'tesh is my cameo, so it kinda feels wrong to make the entry for him, myself. Ya know, personal bias, wanting to see an outside perspective, yada yada. I'll let someone else do him. As Partner said, there's a lot of other tropers to fill out the entries more and correct any errors I may have made. I has backup! We are legion! :P

Same thing with Crossbow Lady, although she's kind of a community in-joke, less cameo. So I might make her, later.

Again: Still need help figuring out which one's Eruva and which one's Ma'lessi. Page 120.
Thrair
Demon

Postby Pariel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Had a troper handle, but became somewhat disappointed at several things at the site.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Thrair » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Pariel wrote:Had a troper handle, but became somewhat disappointed at several things at the site.

Yah... you kind of have to stay away from the inter-moderator and forum pissing matches to stay sane, I think. A lot of drama-causers actually mean well... they're just stubborn and think "their" vision for things is best.

But that's true of any social media site. They tend to have a tight-knit community to start, but as they grow, this fades and internet asshattery takes over. I turned off youtube comments ages ago for the same reason.

I find it's still a fun site for what it is, tbh. But the community isn't the draw. (Not to say there's not a lot of really cool Tropers out there. Just, as with most sites, GIFT brings out the worst in a lot of people. And there's only so much that can be mitigated.)

*EDIT* Think that's all of Chapter 46, now. Starting to get to the point where a lot of the cameos either have existing entries, or showed up in later chapters.

*EDIT2* Chapters 45 and 44 out of the way. I'm also going back over the cameos and adding footnotes indicating their sponsor. I bumped into a number of pre-existing entries that noted the sponsor, and didn't want to remove that information. But also wanted to standardize the layout a bit.

Do correct it if I mix up sponsor with creator for any of the entries. They're usually the same, but not always. Oh, and if you see a note not working for a character next to their name, holler. There's a slight bug regarding footnotes, but it can be fixed with a quick workaround.
Thrair
Demon

Postby Thrair » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Starting on Chapter 43. I'm slowing down a bit because XCOM 2 just came out and it is awesome.

On the other hand, I've hit the point where most cameos already have entries. So it's now more touchup work and formatting than anything else.
Thrair
Demon

Postby GEM76 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Thrair wrote:Starting on Chapter 43. I'm slowing down a bit because XCOM 2 just came out and it is awesome.

On the other hand, I've hit the point where most cameos already have entries. So it's now more touchup work and formatting than anything else.

Blasphemy...no excuse...LOL...yeah XCOM 2 is awesome play on. :S
GEM76
Vel'akar

Postby Aerisa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:25 am

Hey guys! Just a note: Beryla'zuli appeared in a few Daydream stories as a cameo, first in Melamo's sky pirate story, then in Catriana's story. I'd get the link, but I don't currently have a daydream subcription.
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thrair » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:50 am

Aerisa wrote:Hey guys! Just a note: Beryla'zuli appeared in a few Daydream stories as a cameo, first in Melamo's sky pirate story, then in Catriana's story. I'd get the link, but I don't currently have a daydream subcription.

I don't have one, either. Still, I'll make a note of it in her entry.

*EDIT* Did another marathon session and there should be basic entries for every non-Sarghress Cameo to date. And, of the Sarghress cameos, the only ones I have left to do are ones that only appeared during Chapter 40 and earlier. If they appeared later than that, they're in there.

As always, feel free to point out any I missed or to build upon the entries. A lot of 'em are pretty basic. Bound to have screwed up on at least a few details of these, as well. So please correct any mistakes ya spot.

*stretches* Blargh. Almost done. Just have to polish off the shit-ton of remaining wolves. Then I can focus on format issues and standardizing page layouts. Until Chapter 50 starts.... *grumbles* 62 cameos.... *grumble grumble*
Thrair
Demon

Re: Updating TVTropes' Cameo characters (Finished!)

Postby Thrair » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:34 am

Ok, guys. I think I've got an entry up for every single cameo. Jak'iaah's list helped a LOT. Some of the entries are pretty bare-bones, though. So feel free to add to 'em. Again, holler if you spot one I missed or any errors to entries.

Woof. That took more time than I thought. Was pretty fun, though. Learned a lot more about the setting while I was at it. Reminds me that I need to re-read through the archive at some point.

Oh, and of course we're all screwed when Chapter 50 drops and we get 62 new and recurring cameos to update. :P

PS: A number of the Sharen entries are Vel of unknown bloodlines. They're in the general category, for now. But it's easy to move them if anyone knows their bloodlines.

*EDIT* Updating Chapter 50 Cameos as they come.
Thrair
Demon

Previous

Return to Questions and World setting