Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Questions about fan made writing

Questions about fan made writing

Postby supified » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Is there any rules/resources for writing in this world?

Specifically I am interested in the setting, but not any of the characters or clans, I was wondering if there are resources besides the wiki for things like the other cities that do not really appear in the story and if many other people have attempted this?
supified
Tik'tikki

Re: Questions about fan made writing

Postby Smokehammer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:12 am

The RP subsection of the forum might be a better place to ask this question since those fans generally explore the world setting more than the rest of us, or you could show up to the live streams on Saturdays on Picarto to ask Kern (the main author) himself about other cities etc since most of the old school world setting stuff/pod casts seem defunct. The Side Story archive has some info, but again its only "loosely" true for the most part.

Right or wrong on my part, most of the world setting for DTs is ambiguous on purpose after the rewrites so there's little conflict if the story needs to change it, so good luck on getting anything but the most general of info -like say maps, etc. Cultures and so forth of other lands, or super extensive details about nether, magic and so forth wont be too forth coming. That isnt necessarily a bad thing since you can pretty much make up what ever suits you within the limits of explainable based off whats seen in MA. And a few people have tried what I think youre after - Alric, Pitdragon, Celice , that I can name off the top of my head, though most fan fiction authors around here tend to stick to the traditional angle of known characters, unique plot.
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Khora2150 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:21 am

Smokehammer wrote:The RP subsection of the forum might be a better place to ask this question since those fans generally explore the world setting more than the rest of us, or you could show up to the live streams on Saturdays on Picarto to ask Kern (the main author) himself about other cities etc since most of the old school world setting stuff/pod casts seem defunct. The Side Story archive has some info, but again its only "loosely" true for the most part.

Right or wrong on my part, most of the world setting for DTs is ambiguous on purpose after the rewrites so there's little conflict if the story needs to change it, so good luck on getting anything but the most general of info -like say maps, etc. Cultures and so forth of other lands, or super extensive details about nether, magic and so forth wont be too forth coming. That isnt necessarily a bad thing since you can pretty much make up what ever suits you within the limits of explainable based off whats seen in MA. And a few people have tried what I think youre after - Alric, Pitdragon, Celice , that I can name off the top of my head, though most fan fiction authors around here tend to stick to the traditional angle of known characters, unique plot.

Necro post but eh. A group of us have been doing lore docs on the old empires before the fall. Fun playground to mess about in given there were fewer limitations, and the whole world to cause havoc in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VIpbj_y1d7-ScY4vva38LVWeRsYzakJRP-49dJUlzQc/edit?usp=sharing

Currently being worked on;

Phariastian Empire (Ancestors of the Beldrobbaen and the Balvhakara)
Bharatavarsha Empire (Ancestors of the Sharen)
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Smokehammer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 am

Ah, very cool!
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Return to Questions and World setting