Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

I'm Sick And Tired Of Not Knowing Anything Anymore!

I'm Sick And Tired Of Not Knowing Anything Anymore!

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:15 am

Why does it seem like everyone on this forum knows who every single character out of a massive cast of HUNDREDS is?!?
How do you all keep track of every single little plot point?!?
And why do I constantly feel like an idiot when I don't know who or what something or someone is?!?
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Clan: Sarghress

Re: I'm Sick And Tired Of Not Knowing Anything Anymore!

Postby partner555 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:55 am

TheFinalFan wrote:Why does it seem like everyone on this forum knows who every single character out of a massive cast of HUNDREDS is?!?
And why do I constantly feel like an idiot when I don't know who or what something or someone is?!?

Don't worry, sometimes I can't keep track either, but that's mostly me forgetting the names of the more recent cameos. Faces I can keep track of, but not names.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Then who is this Yuhle chararacter that everyone and their grandmother on this forum will not shut up about?!?
And why is everyone losing their heads over her?!?
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Postby Junglefowl26 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Simply put, she is a Kyorl-Nid who has the power to kill people with their own blood. She first appeared in DayDream as one of Snad's students, then appeared in that super huge chapter not long back, where she did many things, the most important of which is try to kill Chiri and Shan, before Faen empathy-blocked her attack and Ariel punched and kicked her until her head made a massive crunch sound and left a lot of blood everywhere. Thus, it is rather surprising that she is still alive, much less well enough to be moving around so soon, and it is bad for our heroes because her powers are hard to counter.

As to my secret of keeping track of everyone - my deep, dark secret......

I read the wiki and the drowtales tv tropes character page, or with cameos check out Davly's awesome thread that we should all thank her for more often with links to concept art that explains what their deal is.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:10 am

Unfortunately, eventually even I got overwhelmed with the amount of cameos to keep up with, so there's no list of who is who for the current chapter. Still, the thread's there for all to use, but I don't think people actually read it and reference it enough.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gunbird » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:35 pm

TheFinalFan wrote:Why does it seem like everyone on this forum knows who every single character out of a massive cast of HUNDREDS is?!?

You read the comic, that's how you keep track of the story. It sound like you don't have the time to read it though.

There used to be people that did a lot of referencing a couple years ago. But I don't think those people have enough free time anymore to properly layout the information.

Don't worry, sometimes I can't keep track either, but that's mostly me forgetting the names of the more recent cameos. Faces I can keep track of, but not names.

I'm like that too! :)

Edit:

Then who is this Yuhle chararacter that everyone and their grandmother on this forum will not shut up about?!?
And why is everyone losing their heads over her?!?

I found her!!! Her name is actually "Yuh'le".

2ed Edit: Here is a list of characters from the major clans. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C ... /Drowtales
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:03 am

I did do a post in the Sponsored Database thread for this chapter's cameos and tried to link them up with their sponsors, returning cameos are already listed under their clans. Already had one correction PMed to me, so let me know if anything else is off:

Chpt 49 Cameo post

I don't think Yuh'le was sponsored for this chapter but simply used for convenience of her being already in-story. Also not sure about Ky'ovarde being sponsored or also useful given the Twin Eye involvement. Lemme know otherwise and I'll fix that.

If the Wiki gets repaired that might help a lot.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 am

The non-cameo characters are easy to remember. They stick around for long, do importat stuff...

As for the cameos...I read the News section and the Deviant Art Cameos page.
Last edited by Doom Chinchilla on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby TheFinalFan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 pm

And now I can't follow along because everyone can remember stuff that happened years ago!
The only characters I know about that seem to be relevant are Chiri, Snad, Anahid, and Yuhle!
I don't know who anyone else is, nor do I know how all of these tainted keep getting inside of Kyorl territory!
And no one in the Moonless Age page threads is being any help!
Why isn't there a recap page or something? Manga have recap pages at the beginning of each volume that explain the relevant portions of the plot and the dramatis personae for that volume. Why can't Drowtales do the same thing with their Chapters?
TheFinalFan
Tainted

Postby partner555 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:51 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/Drowtales

The link might help. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Do be warned though, TvTropes is such a black hole in terms of holding our attention.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Gunbird » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:00 am

TheFinalFan wrote:And now I can't follow along because everyone can remember stuff that happened years ago!
The only characters I know about that seem to be relevant are Chiri, Snad, Anahid, and Yuhle!
I don't know who anyone else is, nor do I know how all of these tainted keep getting inside of Kyorl territory!
And no one in the Moonless Age page threads is being any help!

There been people responding to your post. How are they not helping? And why are you not responding to them?

If you need to talk Kern here is his Email: kern@drowtales.com
You might want to talk to him when his live streams are on Saturday from 2 to 7pm. https://picarto.tv/drowtales Do you have account?

Why isn't there a recap page or something? Manga have recap pages at the beginning of each volume that explain the relevant portions of the plot and the dramatis personae for that volume. Why can't Drowtales do the same thing with their Chapters?

Because Kern dose not have the time to make a recap page. He and Kite are making pages almost avery day and they both have a lot of commissions to do too.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby vlashrod » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:54 pm

TheFinalFan i'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose ..
Since your first posts on the forum it's always the same attitude and questions .. "why this ? how that ? how can i get intels ?"
Since you're registred a lot of peoples have answered to your questions and its always repeating again and again :[
vlashrod
Demon

Clan: Sharen

Postby Hellsion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 pm

vlashrod wrote:TheFinalFan i'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose ..
Since your first posts on the forum it's always the same attitude and questions .. "why this ? how that ? how can i get intels ?"
Since you're registred a lot of peoples have answered to your questions and its always repeating again and again :[

I think thefinalfan just blazes/ed though all the pages while not taking in anything in that wasn't the main characters/basic plot/culture/setting. so thats why confusion.

but yes DT really dose have a huge NAMED cast. and I do have to reread every few months to figure out whatthefuck is up. (I dont vist the forums much)

and I wish the wiki were more reliable (tv tropes page is awesome though)
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby partner555 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Hellsion wrote:
vlashrod wrote:TheFinalFan i'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose ..

I think thefinalfan just blazes/ed though all the pages while not taking in anything in that wasn't the main characters/basic plot/culture/setting. so thats why confusion.

but yes DT really dose have a huge NAMED cast. and I do have to reread every few months to figure out whatthefuck is up. (I dont vist the forums much)

and I wish the wiki were more reliable (tv tropes page is awesome though)

The wiki, last I heard from Kern, probably needs its coding updated. Until then, any contributions I could make only make the unviewable pages problem worse.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shanna66 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:56 pm

I have the same issue. I know the main cast and a few side characters and some cameos and thats it. Ive been reading this comic for 13 years now and i cant keep track of current world settings vs the old world settings

It was so much easier when kern wrote who was in each page

And i hate how some people in the forums act like your the one with an issue if you dont remember a minor character who hadnt been in the comic in years. I mean overall everyone in the forums is nice but there are a couple people that need to realize some of us arent even good with names and faces in real life lol
Shanna66
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Next

Return to Questions and World setting