Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Gunbird » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 am

What I was trying to say is that most of people want to play as drow when it comes to cross overs RP. This was the reason I didn't set up my Earth age game.

I sagest you get rid of Earth age part and have drow characters play in a command and conquer setting. Just like in the links I posted.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:25 am

You not getting my point. The cross-over RPs on this sight are played with drow.

Take a look at RP from. Do see any Drow vs *Fill in the blank* there?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:The thing though, is this. I don't know HOW to make an RP of this work using only Drow. And this wasn't even originally SUPPOSED to be an RP. This was originally a "What-If?" scenario.

Sorry man I didn't know that.

The RP, if I HAD gone through with it, would have been the plot of the cancelled C&C FPS "Tiberium" - where the players would have to find a way to drive the Scrin off Earth. It wasn't supposed to BE "Franchise X vs Franchise Y". It was supposed to be "Hey, maybe we could have GDI, Nod, and the Drow team up to repel the Scrin."

Do you think enough people on this sight would play such a game?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Just don't go crazy with the rules. OK?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:02 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:Bump.

Remember how Gunbird mentioned that the Brotherhood of Nod seems to act very similar to the Nidra'chaal? Well, in truth, that's only part of it. They're really more like the Nids and Kyorls put together.

Also, while some of you may be thinking I made this a stomp, well, no. This is a "What If" scenario, not a "Versus" one. If I wanted to stomp DT, I would have put it in a Versus match. And if I wanted to REALLY stomp, I would have put it not in the Command & Conquer: Tiberium universe (like it is here), but in the Command & Conquer: Red Alert universe. As of Red Alert 3. Considering that RA3 has, among other things, freeze rays, shrink rays, Soviet Super-Science, Tesla Troopers, armored cyborg war bears that launch themselves from cannons, Ric Flair, magical girls, time travel, psychic powers, giant mecha, bomber zeppelins, James Bond-esque spies (down to the point of wearing tuxedos and having Scottish accents), teleportation (although, the Scrin also have that in the Tiberium universe), and invincibility fields, well.... yeah.

I agree with you on that. The Noddies are like if the Nids and Kyrols where somehow fused together.

I came here not expecting a debate on who would win in a straight up fight, The GDI, Bros of Nod, and Scrin so outclass the Drow in terms of force that any fight where they are allowed to bring forth a goodly portion of their forces will certainty end in victory for them. I was expecting the Conversation to be about politics reactions and all of that stuff.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Here is a question.

How effective would the drow magical ablates in such a setting?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:37 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:Light sorcery wouldn't really amount to much.

Actually Light sorcery can actually be vary useful in a combat. It can be used to navigating properly at nighttime or in a dark area. It can also be used to blind the enemy solo wielder can get an advantage. It's like how military personnel and police officers use flashlights today. And when I mean flashlights I don't mean the cheap ones you get from Walmart. Were talking mill-spec flashlights like this one. Or this one
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 am

Also have you ever heard of a waterjet cutter? I haven't seen the drow use water sorcery in such a way but it could be possible after learning from manufacturing technique of their human allies. Frostbite is also a serious issue in the battlefield.

metal sorcery can be used not just cut through armored vehicles but also crush them.

As for Black Hand flamethrowers they might get a bad case of "back blast" if they go against a will trained fire sorcerers. Remember they don't start fires they moved around just like the other elements.

Earth sorcery can also flip the vehicle over or make a ."tank trap'
Okay, why am I starting to sound like one of those Drow are better than (fill in the blank) type of people?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:As for metal sorcery, that's assuming they can stay focused on that for long enough in this situation. And isn't that a relatively rare form of sorcery, though? Also, metal sorcery, from what I remember, looks like it needs to be done up close - something that would be counter-productive in this scenario.

Sometimes being close to a tank is the beast way to kill it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_bomb
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:18 pm

l'haress of the Nal'sarkoth clan - the first of only a few clans to establish diplomatic ties with GDI, albeit after years of negotiations, during which, the Nal'sarkoth were forced to free their slaves, if they wanted to gain access to GDI's tech and resources. However, as this was a very small price to pay for the massive advantages such an alliance would have, Rel'lumia agreed to it. And not too soon, either, as Tiberium had begun to encroach upon Chelian lands.

Are you saying this not going to be a first contact try of RP?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:28 pm

How to make this little back story about how Tiberium was affecting draft society before contact with the humans.

The drow were mining Tiberium the humans did and know a lot about its benefits and dangers. They use this material to make more powerful complex and spells, somewhat like Foci. They actually call Timberium "Natural Foci" due to the fact that embedded into the earth.

It can be also used to lore in demons. It doesn't trap them like the sealer stones. Instead the Drow uses the Tiberium to lure them away from a populated areas. The demons are tricked into thinking that the powerful substance is manna mana and will try to consume it without success.

The draft found out quickly that the Timberium is highly toxic and they found ways to protect themselves while handling the material. Most minors use mania shielding to the particles from attaching to the body. Some clans (like the Balvhakara) developed respirators and even full protective suits. They cover Timberium with shock resistant ceramic to prevent contamination. These ceramic pieces can be installed on almost all forms of equipment and weapons.

Individuals that do get exposed are treated with spell songs, blood sorcery, and other forms mana arts to break down the volatile substance in the body. Due to these techniques and spells the death rate is minimal.

There are only a few written cases of Timberium mutations in the underworld. Most drow that do get mutated only can live for about a month. ironically in the middle too advance stages of Timberium sickness, the volatile substance drains the mana. In almost all the victims that die do so from from mana depletion before any organ failure or blood loss.

Even though this weird green element had made leaps and bounds in the development of the drow society, the Timberium trade has been monopolized by clans such as the Balvhakara, Illhar’dro, and some small companies that are secretly owned by the Nidraa'chal. The Nal'sarkoth were more or less out of the loop from the trade, till they made contact with the overworld during the beginning of 2nd Timberium war.

So what do you think?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 pm

I forgot to mention that the Drow were mining Tiberium eons before any human found any..

..Save for Kane, of corse.

Edit should you put more information about the drow?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:10 pm

I think you should mention more about drow in this universe.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Thats a little bet confusing.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:25 am

So what's the actual RP setting? What are the rules?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and World setting