Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:54 am

What if, like in Earth Age, all the Drow city states appear on Earth, but not the Earth we know. This is the Earth from the Command & Conquer: Tiberium Series universe. The Date - July 2nd, 2030 - just two months before Kane resurfaces and starts the Second Tiberium War (aka the events of Tiberian Sun). These are the Drow cities as of just a year before the Nidraa'chal War, so the Dutan'vir are still in power, and Diva is still Empress. The second war between the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod is just around the corner, even though no one knows that yet. Meanwhile, out in the Kuiper Belt, the mysterious aliens known as the Scrin are waiting for the right time to strike. The A.I. known as CABAL is planning something, unknown even to his Nod masters. Kane is lurking in the shadows, about to resurface. Smarter than Snadhya and harder to kill than Kuso, the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod - and former adviser to Josef Stalin - who has been on Earth since the Bronze Age, and was, in fact, the one who inspired the myth of the Biblical Cain, has a plan - the forced transformation of all life on Earth into Tiberium-based life. Throw in the Forgotten - humans mutated by Tiberium with a strong grudge against both GDI and Nod, and you'll have the recipe for this scenario.

As to where each Drow city-state ended up:

Nuqrah'shareh: Northeastern U.S. - Pennsylvania/New York border

Chel'el'sussuloth: Florida

Mimaneid: Norway

Shifaye'sindil: Egypt

Char: Southern India

Felde: Colombia

As to how things unfold from here, personally, I see the Nal'sarkoth, Tei'kaliath, and maybe the Illhar'dro establishing good relations with GDI. The Sarghress MIGHT, but I don't think GDI would take too kindly to their raids. And by "not take too kindly", they would politely ask them to stop. And by "politely ask them to stop", I mean "Drive a Mammoth Mk.2 into Chel, and threaten to level the fortress if they don't".

Image

Nothing like having a railgun-equipped AT-AT expy show up to make you consider changing your position.

I don't see GDI or Nod getting along with the Sharen. At all. Hell, I don't think Nod and the Drow would even tolerate the other's existence.

Also, how long until Nod general and Colombian drug lord Cesar Vega:
Image

Crashes Kane's stolen Scrin warship:
Image

Into Felde? And who kills him first? Michael McNeil, Anton Slavik, Snadhya, or Kane?

What other thoughts do you have for this?
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:40 am

I thought you already had a Command & Conquer Cross over Story?

Are the drow are still underground?
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 am

I do, this just wasn't it.

And yes, the Drow are still underground, but were detected by orbiting satellites getting strange energy readings from those areas. Both GDI and Nod investigated, and stumbled upon the Drow. This is to discuss how things would go from here.
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 am

Cesar Vega would be killed by Kane.Incompetence will not be tolerated!
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:54 am

The drow collectively shit themselves because holy shit the surface is inhabited by very powerful nations and one is pretty much antithetical to the drow and would destroy them purely on principle and the world is slowly being destroyed by the next to unstoppable spread of an alien mineral and this is before the scrin make themselves known.
User avatar
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:35 am

Which is why an alliance with GDI is probably the only way they'll survive.

Of course, some clans - okay, most - would probably be too proud to do that. But a Drow-GDI Alliance? That would be a pretty formidable faction right there.
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:38 am

Besides, that means you get General James Earl Jones... err.. General James Solomon on your side!
Image
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 am

Refusing to make an alliance with the GDI in this situation? I don't think any clan is that stupid as to pass up a chance for survival like that. Also The Nod would probably milk a drow GDI alliance for all of the propaganda value that its worth which is just one reason the GDI wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.
User avatar
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:06 pm

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:The drow collectively shit themselves because holy shit the surface is inhabited by very powerful nations and one is pretty much antithetical to the drow and would destroy them purely on principle and the world is slowly being destroyed by the next to unstoppable spread of an alien mineral and this is before the scrin make themselves known.


That doesn't sound fun.
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:58 pm

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:Refusing to make an alliance with the GDI in this situation? I don't think any clan is that stupid as to pass up a chance for survival like that. Also The Nod would probably milk a drow GDI alliance for all of the propaganda value that its worth which is just one reason the GDI wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.


As I said, it would only be a few clans that would get into GDI's good graces. The Nal'sarkoth and Tei'kaliath would probably have the easiest time forming an alliance with GDI. The Illhar'dro and Sarghress MIGHT be able to form an alliance - at least if they got rid of slavery (same with the Nal'sarkoth and Tei'kaliath, but at least with the latter, slavery was only used as a form of criminal punishment, as opposed to going out on raids). The rest of the Drow clans? I don't see either GDI or Nod wanting anything to do with them.

EDIT: Actually, there IS something Nod would want. Kane would probably be VERY interested in using Drow in his Tiberium experiments...
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Khora2150 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:What if, like in Earth Age, all the Drow city states appear on Earth, but not the Earth we know. This is the Earth from the Command & Conquer: Tiberium Series universe. The Date - July 2nd, 2030 - just two months before Kane resurfaces and starts the Second Tiberium War (aka the events of Tiberian Sun). These are the Drow cities as of just a year before the Nidraa'chal War, so the Dutan'vir are still in power, and Diva is still Empress. The second war between the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod is just around the corner, even though no one knows that yet. Meanwhile, out in the Kuiper Belt, the mysterious aliens known as the Scrin are waiting for the right time to strike. The A.I. known as CABAL is planning something, unknown even to his Nod masters. Kane is lurking in the shadows, about to resurface. Smarter than Snadhya and harder to kill than Kuso, the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod - and former adviser to Josef Stalin - who has been on Earth since the Bronze Age, and was, in fact, the one who inspired the myth of the Biblical Cain, has a plan - the forced transformation of all life on Earth into Tiberium-based life. Throw in the Forgotten - humans mutated by Tiberium with a strong grudge against both GDI and Nod, and you'll have the recipe for this scenario.

As to where each Drow city-state ended up:

Nuqrah'shareh: Northeastern U.S. - Pennsylvania/New York border

Chel'el'sussuloth: Florida

Mimaneid: Norway

Shifaye'sindil: Egypt

Char: Southern India

Felde: Colombia

As to how things unfold from here, personally, I see the Nal'sarkoth, Tei'kaliath, and maybe the Illhar'dro establishing good relations with GDI. The Sarghress MIGHT, but I don't think GDI would take too kindly to their raids. And by "not take too kindly", they would politely ask them to stop. And by "politely ask them to stop", I mean "Drive a Mammoth Mk.2 into Chel, and threaten to level the fortress if they don't".

Image

Nothing like having a railgun-equipped AT-AT expy show up to make you consider changing your position.

I don't see GDI or Nod getting along with the Sharen. At all. Hell, I don't think Nod and the Drow would even tolerate the other's existence.

Also, how long until Nod general and Colombian drug lord Cesar Vega:
Image

Crashes Kane's stolen Scrin warship:
Image

Into Felde? And who kills him first? Michael McNeil, Anton Slavik, Snadhya, or Kane?

What other thoughts do you have for this?


I got the impression if humans found a more primitive race, they would just do what they do nearly every single time they meet primitives. Kill and/or enslave all of them.

There is not much point in allying with a peoples that are so far behind technologically, that they could not contribute anything of value.
User avatar
Khora2150
Demon
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Australia, Victoria
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Khora2150 wrote:
I got the impression if humans found a more primitive race, they would just do what they do nearly every single time they meet primitives. Kill and/or enslave all of them.

There is not much point in allying with a peoples that are so far behind technologically, that they could not contribute anything of value.


But were the fun in that ?
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Not to mention it would be very, very very out-of-character for GDI. About as OOC as Quain and Mel suddenly making up and forgiving each other.
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:Refusing to make an alliance with the GDI in this situation? I don't think any clan is that stupid as to pass up a chance for survival like that. Also The Nod would probably milk a drow GDI alliance for all of the propaganda value that its worth which is just one reason the GDI wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.


As I said, it would only be a few clans that would get into GDI's good graces. The Nal'sarkoth and Tei'kaliath would probably have the easiest time forming an alliance with GDI. The Illhar'dro and Sarghress MIGHT be able to form an alliance - at least if they got rid of slavery (same with the Nal'sarkoth and Tei'kaliath, but at least with the latter, slavery was only used as a form of criminal punishment, as opposed to going out on raids). The rest of the Drow clans? I don't see either GDI or Nod wanting anything to do with them.

EDIT: Actually, there IS something Nod would want. Kane would probably be VERY interested in using Drow in his Tiberium experiments...


Still if any clan got the opportunity i wouldn't imagine them turning it down. That is more along the lines of him abducting a few of them to keep locked up in a laboratory to have unspeakable things done to them.

Khora2150 wrote:
Obsidian Agent wrote:What if, like in Earth Age, all the Drow city states appear on Earth, but not the Earth we know. This is the Earth from the Command & Conquer: Tiberium Series universe. The Date - July 2nd, 2030 - just two months before Kane resurfaces and starts the Second Tiberium War (aka the events of Tiberian Sun). These are the Drow cities as of just a year before the Nidraa'chal War, so the Dutan'vir are still in power, and Diva is still Empress. The second war between the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod is just around the corner, even though no one knows that yet. Meanwhile, out in the Kuiper Belt, the mysterious aliens known as the Scrin are waiting for the right time to strike. The A.I. known as CABAL is planning something, unknown even to his Nod masters. Kane is lurking in the shadows, about to resurface. Smarter than Snadhya and harder to kill than Kuso, the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod - and former adviser to Josef Stalin - who has been on Earth since the Bronze Age, and was, in fact, the one who inspired the myth of the Biblical Cain, has a plan - the forced transformation of all life on Earth into Tiberium-based life. Throw in the Forgotten - humans mutated by Tiberium with a strong grudge against both GDI and Nod, and you'll have the recipe for this scenario.

As to where each Drow city-state ended up:

Nuqrah'shareh: Northeastern U.S. - Pennsylvania/New York border

Chel'el'sussuloth: Florida

Mimaneid: Norway

Shifaye'sindil: Egypt

Char: Southern India

Felde: Colombia

As to how things unfold from here, personally, I see the Nal'sarkoth, Tei'kaliath, and maybe the Illhar'dro establishing good relations with GDI. The Sarghress MIGHT, but I don't think GDI would take too kindly to their raids. And by "not take too kindly", they would politely ask them to stop. And by "politely ask them to stop", I mean "Drive a Mammoth Mk.2 into Chel, and threaten to level the fortress if they don't".

Image

Nothing like having a railgun-equipped AT-AT expy show up to make you consider changing your position.

I don't see GDI or Nod getting along with the Sharen. At all. Hell, I don't think Nod and the Drow would even tolerate the other's existence.

Also, how long until Nod general and Colombian drug lord Cesar Vega:
Image

Crashes Kane's stolen Scrin warship:
Image

Into Felde? And who kills him first? Michael McNeil, Anton Slavik, Snadhya, or Kane?

What other thoughts do you have for this?


I got the impression if humans found a more primitive race, they would just do what they do nearly every single time they meet primitives. Kill and/or enslave all of them.

There is not much point in allying with a peoples that are so far behind technologically, that they could not contribute anything of value.


I would imagine that the GDI may make a deal or something if the situation allows as in at best they would be fair weather friends with the drow at a steep cost, and if there was any kind of compelling reason to throw the Drow under the bus the GDI would do so in a Heartbeat.
User avatar
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Earth Age: Command & Conquer Edition

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:28 pm

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:Still if any clan got the opportunity i wouldn't imagine them turning it down. That is more along the lines of him abducting a few of them to keep locked up in a laboratory to have unspeakable things done to them.



True, access to GDI's technology and industrial base would be something all the clans would want - but it would be a balance between agreeing to GDI's terms, or preserving their own pride. And considering what we know some of the clans are like...

Now, how does Tib War 2 - the events of "Tiberian Sun" - play out in this 'verse? Would the Drow react with even more disgust to the Forgotten than GDI and Nod normally do? How would the Firestorm Crisis (When CABAL goes rogue, and starts converting humans into cyborgs to launch his plans for world domination - and in this universe, he'd probably go after Drow as well) and Nidraa'chal War play out in this universe?

And considering the timeline, Ariel's quest to rescue Faen would probably coincide with Kane's (second) resurfacing, and the start of Tib War 3 (the events of "Tiberium Wars") - imagine her getting caught up in THAT mess. Especially when the Scrin invade.
User avatar
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 pm
Location: Cardassia Prime
Clan: Sarghress

Next

Return to Questions and World setting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests