Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki.

Speculation: Why did the Hermionnes come to the Overworld?

Re: Speculation: Why did the Hermionnes come to the Overworl

Postby AnoP » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:25 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:I thought that was a more tropical region, like Nuwa.

It is at a similar latitude , here , however so are somalia and the amazon rainforest. Also whilst there was grass earlier eventually the area statrts to become arid.
Junglefowl26 wrote:On that note, I wonder what the terrain is like right above Chel. Well, it gets enough rain to completely wreck the Skyhole at least.

Given the Wasteland to the left, and it lying either before or in the mountains, I'm supposing it's extremely wet , due to the wastelands presumably being formed from a rainshadow effect to their east because of the mountains, and the prevailing winds blowing away from them on the coast, even though it's flat .
However trees were nearly wiped out in the moons age , so the environment is still somewhat out of whack in that regard, like it was at the end of the last ice age. So I'm assuming it was some very nice green grass and possibly marshes up there. *hmmm*
Some areas in the mountain range are shown here. *hmmm*
AnoP
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Junglefowl26 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 am

AnoP wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:I thought that was a more tropical region, like Nuwa.

It is at a similar latitude , here , however so are somalia and the amazon rainforest. Also whilst there was grass earlier eventually the area statrts to become arid.
Junglefowl26 wrote:On that note, I wonder what the terrain is like right above Chel. Well, it gets enough rain to completely wreck the Skyhole at least.

Given the Wasteland to the left, and it lying either before or in the mountains, I'm supposing it's extremely wet , due to the wastelands presumably being formed from a rainshadow effect to their east because of the mountains, and the prevailing winds blowing away from them on the coast, even though it's flat .
However trees were nearly wiped out in the moons age , so the environment is still somewhat out of whack in that regard, like it was at the end of the last ice age. So I'm assuming it was some very nice green grass and possibly marshes up there. *hmmm*
Some areas in the mountain range are shown here. *hmmm*

Excellent analysis! I agree completely.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 am

I'd like to point out that the Merove Federation is neighbors with Niwaecer, But they are their own nation. I wonder if it's because either they're at war, or they have a relationship similar to the Sith Empire and the Chiss
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby AnoP » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 pm

The Hermiones appear to have no direct link to the homeland over the ocean, and they appear to have only overtaken a few areas, in the beginning. So likely they had some contact with the area, presumably either trading or settling there, noted an opportunity to take land or take over, and acted on it.
AnoP
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Previous

Return to Questions and World Setting