Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

How to kill her

How to kill her

Postby PoignardAzur » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Considering the incredibly poor success rate of assassination attempts on Snadhya's person, I thought I would write a quick guide on how to actually murder the Feldian ruler for wannabe martyrs :

• Don't go for the close combat option. Snadhya's weak musculature and her apparent lack of weapons can be tempting, but you'll never achieve anything that way. Lots of assassins tried to cut her in half, reasoning that all they had to do was close the distance to end her. They were right. Problem is, none of them managed to close the distance. Snadhya has a team of competent bodyguards watching her back at all times, and can summon mighty rock protectors in the blink of an eye. Don't even approach her, kill her from a distance.
  • If you're dedicating enough to seriously risk your life, then go for the overkill. Going to put a bomb under her carriage ? Put a bomb powerful enough to wipe out half the city. Going to shoot her ? Use poisoned bolts. With several, different poisons.
  • Lots of assassins tend to think that because they're going to die (or worse) at the end of a mission, they'll automatically succeed. They're wrong. Most of the failed attempts on Snad's life were of the "Taking you with me" type, usually by people who thought they had nothing to lose because of their taint. Don't be too cocky, and always plan escape options. Your odds will be much better if can actually learn from your mistakes.
  • Don't brag. The surprise effect is the best advantage you'll ever have. Don't waste it because you want your nemesis to see her death coming. She wouldn't be scared anyway, she's been through lots of heroic speeches. So stay as sneaky as you can.
  • Be fast. Snadhya likes to appear accessible and exposed, but the moment your intentions will become clear, her entire available forces will start to cut you away from her and hunt you down. Which, considering she seldom gets out of friendly territory, means that you'll have an entire fortress's worth of minions trying to kill you. If you don't act fast, you'll fail.
  • And finally, most important of all : plan ahead. What are Snadhya's habits ? How will you approach her ? Think of contingency plans in case you fail, because it'll very probably happen your first time, and if you don't plan for it, you won't get any other chances. Try to look up historically successful assassinations, or past, failed attempts on Snad's life. What worked ? What didn't ? Remember, you're not the first warrior to have a grudge against a powerful Val. Learn from history.

If I had to try one method. I would just set up a sniper somewhere with a view of Snadhya's balcony. Depending on the time her security would need to spot me, and how fast they could communicate and organize to send her to safety, the sniper may actually have a decent chance of taking her down.
Last edited by PoignardAzur on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: How to kill her

Postby 'Lement » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 pm

What are your thoughts on invisible shoulderdragons?
'Lement
Vel'akar

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby HoneyBee » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:37 am

LOL this is funny. And I'd vote sniper too.
But if the idea is to always "overkill" then be sure to place a bunch of strategically positioned backup snipers. And using an easy kind of bow so you don't miss the shot(s). Better safe than sorry.
Just-- get close enough...
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Disestablish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 am

Just blow up the entire tower would be an idea...
But she probably has a plan for that.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby AnoP » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:41 am

Disestablish wrote:Just blow up the entire tower would be an idea...
But she probably has a plan for that.

I wonder how many supporting columns you'd need to knock out to take the place down . *hmmm*
AnoP
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby aceofAces » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:55 pm

If you wanna go the overkill route, the shoot her with qn arrow that has an explosive tip. Kinda hard to do an evil monologue with half your brain splattered all over the back wall!
aceofAces
Demon

Postby PoignardAzur » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 am

aceofAces wrote:If you wanna go the overkill route, the shoot her with qn arrow that has an explosive tip. Kinda hard to do an evil monologue with half your brain splattered all over the back wall!

If you're willing to go that way, you can grab a rocket launcher already (arrows and 10 kg payloads of explosives don't mix that well). :D
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Postby aceofAces » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm

PoignardAzur wrote:
aceofAces wrote:If you wanna go the overkill route, the shoot her with qn arrow that has an explosive tip. Kinda hard to do an evil monologue with half your brain splattered all over the back wall!

If you're willing to go that way, you can grab a rocket launcher already (arrows and 10 kg payloads of explosives don't mix that well). :D

Nah, I think I'll ramp it up to orbital strike. one minute Snads is monologuing, the next she's buried under 30 tons of rubble.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:31 pm

I find that the best way to deal with someone who has unbeatable combat prowess is simply to poison them.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Metzger » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:51 pm

I believe to truly get Snads, you need to use a combination of methods, first poison her wine/food/water/clothes, secondly Arrange explosives in a way so her tower will collapse, thirdly send a large group of assassins at her (said group of assassins MUST know how to cooperate, otherwise this part of the plan will fall) fourthly, have goblin mercenaries dig up her corpse and send her to the hermiones/as far away from drow controlled areas as possible
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby PoignardAzur » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Metzger wrote:I believe to truly get Snads, you need to use a combination of methods, first poison her wine/food/water/clothes, secondly Arrange explosives in a way so her tower will collapse, thirdly send a large group of assassins at her (said group of assassins MUST know how to cooperate, otherwise this part of the plan will fall) fourthly, have goblin mercenaries dig up her corpse and send her to the hermiones/as far away from drow controlled areas as possible

Yeah, that kind of overkill sounds good, but chained assassination attempts are more a waste of resources than anything else. With a sufficiently paranoïd ruler, as soon as the first serious attempt (here, the poison) will be detected, the ruler will be put in a safe bunker pretty immediately, rendering the following attempts useless. Also, I really doubt poisons would work. There's such a thing as tasters, after all. Also, Snad has been keeping an entire conspiracy formed around the idea of "kill everyone who isn't us" secret for more than 20 years, so I guess she's pretty good at selecting trustworthy servants.
PoignardAzur
Summoner

Postby Metzger » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:39 am

PoignardAzur wrote:
Metzger wrote:I believe to truly get Snads, you need to use a combination of methods, first poison her wine/food/water/clothes, secondly Arrange explosives in a way so her tower will collapse, thirdly send a large group of assassins at her (said group of assassins MUST know how to cooperate, otherwise this part of the plan will fall) fourthly, have goblin mercenaries dig up her corpse and send her to the hermiones/as far away from drow controlled areas as possible

Yeah, that kind of overkill sounds good, but chained assassination attempts are more a waste of resources than anything else. With a sufficiently paranoïd ruler, as soon as the first serious attempt (here, the poison) will be detected, the ruler will be put in a safe bunker pretty immediately, rendering the following attempts useless. Also, I really doubt poisons would work. There's such a thing as tasters, after all. Also, Snad has been keeping an entire conspiracy formed around the idea of "kill everyone who isn't us" secret for more than 20 years, so I guess she's pretty good at selecting trustworthy servants.

first; by using a slow acting poison Snads will most likely be weakening her to the point where the assassins would be given a good opportunity to take her down.
Secondly If she succeeds in hiding inside a bunker, I see no reason on why we shouldn't let her...seal the bunker from the outside with huge chunks of crystals (as crystal seems to be immune against earth or rock foci)
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kaiser » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:51 am

I figured it out: you just need to be really sneaky and stab her when she's not looking.
Kaiser
Demon

Postby SFI » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:26 am

Actually, Erelice did, and you are just trying to steal credit...
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:26 am

"'No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp her style."
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Questions and World setting