Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Mel/Quai/Snad debate here.

Re: Mel/Quai/Snad debate here.

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Shgon Dunstan wrote:Taken such a long break from DT that I started a reread to refresh myself on the details... Man is Quai's total bitch-ness and all the indoctrination going on not making it easy going.

First time through there were people to root for and even hope for. This time through there is... A sense of pity for Mel? And... That's about it.

Snad on the other hand by and large has "is the villain" immunity from such things... Which I guess just goes to show a failing with DT "not heroes or villains" thing, as it goes out of it's way to have anyone who gets too close to "hero" kick about a dozen puppies, but seems to have little issue with Snad wearing the villain cap with little more then "well she's nuts so it doesn't count".

... Honestly, a part of me fears something along the lines of a nBSG ending for DT. Where you muscle through all the grim-dark and plots to get to the end and just... Find that nothing is left of whatever reason you just did all of said muscling for. Leaving you just setting there wondering what was even the point.

Personally, I always thought that Quain and the Sharen Trio (Snad, Zala, and Sarv) should have a run-in with these fellows:
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
Shgon Dunstan wrote:Taken such a long break from DT that I started a reread to refresh myself on the details... Man is Quai's total bitch-ness and all the indoctrination going on not making it easy going.

First time through there were people to root for and even hope for. This time through there is... A sense of pity for Mel? And... That's about it.

Snad on the other hand by and large has "is the villain" immunity from such things... Which I guess just goes to show a failing with DT "not heroes or villains" thing, as it goes out of it's way to have anyone who gets too close to "hero" kick about a dozen puppies, but seems to have little issue with Snad wearing the villain cap with little more then "well she's nuts so it doesn't count".

... Honestly, a part of me fears something along the lines of a nBSG ending for DT. Where you muscle through all the grim-dark and plots to get to the end and just... Find that nothing is left of whatever reason you just did all of said muscling for. Leaving you just setting there wondering what was even the point.

Personally, I always thought that Quain and the Sharen Trio (Snad, Zala, and Sarv) should have a run-in with these fellows:

Hell, a good deal of the drow's problem is that they are doing a mighty find job of that all on their own. That just don't seem to get that their so-called "nature" and "morals" and their acceptance of them as simple fact are the actual problem.

At the end of the day the drow are typical "elves" in one respect. As powerful as they might seem at the moment... They're doomed. Like, they are royally screwed. As is they civilization just isn't sustainable.
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Oh, I didn't mean send the Daleks against all of Drow-kind. Just those four chucklefucks (Quain, Sarv, Snad, and Zala) in particular.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Gunbird » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Wait, What dose this got to do with this debate?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Gunbird wrote:Wait, What dose this got to do with this debate?

What doesn't it???

Mel... She might not be perfect, but she really doesn't rise to the level of the other two. Honestly her greatest "sin" is being born a drow, Quai's daughter, and a character hand tailored to invoke pity.

Snad... It's not that she isn't "bad" it's that she is the Bad Guy, and insane to boot, and thus pretty much just forfeits the "worst person ever!" contest because... So? She is supposed to be like that. If anything it is any "nice" moment on her part that is remarkable.

Which leaves Quai... As far as I can tell, the retcon did a bloody number on Quai. All drow really, but she perhaps got hit the worst. The drow went from blatantly out and out evil, to... "Attempting" some kind of gray on gray/other then human morality thing going on. The issue being that... All those things she did for the LOLs and because she was an evil spiteful bitch?... She still did, only not for the LOLs, and less spiteful... Which basically ends up with her ether A. being an incompetent emotionally retarded fool that has never met a problem she can't make 50x worse(and triple down on should it ever rears it's head again), B. not honestly meaning even half the bullshit that comes out of her mouth.

Added to by the fact that her so-called "motive" for everything... Comes off as more then a little bullshit itself. Because... Drow morality is less "gray on gray", "gray on black", or even "purple on orange" then it is "gray on freaking insane"... Half the time it's like they are tossing dice in order to decide if something is a good thing, a natural thing, or one of the worst things known to drowkind... Past roles need not apply.
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Questions and World setting