Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Mel/Quai/Snad debate here.

Mel/Quai/Snad debate here.

Postby midnightbast » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 pm

This thread is where ALL the "___ is so horrible because ______" is to be. No cloging the manga threads with the hate any more.
midnightbast
Kern's minion

Re: Mel/Quai/Snad debate here.

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 pm

I christen this thread with hate for Quain because she's a hypocritical tyrant running a house on sinking sand, not the merc queen fighting for the people that sarghress propaganda paints her to be *heehee*
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jiharn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:I christen this thread with hate for Quain because she's a hypocritical tyrant running a house on sinking sand, not the merc queen fighting for the people that sarghress propaganda paints her to be *heehee*

I have to confess, I don't see why the two have to necessarily be mutually exclusive.
Jiharn
Vel'akar

Postby We Are Bored » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:54 am

Jiharn wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:I christen this thread with hate for Quain because she's a hypocritical tyrant running a house on sinking sand, not the merc queen fighting for the people that sarghress propaganda paints her to be *heehee*

I have to confess, I don't see why the two have to necessarily be mutually exclusive.

^
We Are Bored
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Altruis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:59 pm

i love the fact that we make a forum for it and none is posting anything for it its just hilarious in my opinion we should put mel and quain on a room and let them shout and yell all they want.
Altruis
Summoner

Postby partner555 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Altruis wrote:i love the fact that we make a forum for it and none is posting anything for it its just hilarious in my opinion we should put mel and quain on a room and let them shout and yell all they want.

Everyone will go deaf, even if you soundproof the room. 8P
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Soooo... How did this debate change after today's page? :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Obyren » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 am

As far as I can tell, Quain's problem is that she tries to be too much. She goes through being a commander of forces, ruler of her clan, parent, and buddy, with the order varying. This can be shown in her interactions with Ariel.
Obyren
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby sassafra » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 am

i like both quain and mel. neither is perfect, they both have their points and faults according to their histories... it's what makes the story interesting.
sassafra
Summoner

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Jayngfet » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:31 pm

At this point they've all become mad dogs. They're so obsessed with violence and avenging themselves there's no room for anything else.
Jayngfet
Vel'akar

Postby Tsakta » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Quain is best because she has big muscles. If Snad worked out more, maybe people would like her better.
Tsakta
Nether Spawn

Location: Elliptical orbit around a point eight inches to the left of the future
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Tsakta wrote:Quain is best because she has big muscles. If Snad worked out more, maybe people would like her better.

But Snadhya has the best words. Quain has weak words. Low-enertgy Quain. No good words. Snadhya's words are the best. Nobody has better words than Snadhya, let me tell you.
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:23 am

Ya'll help me because i'm a little slow. So does that mean only talk about those three characters at all here (even if thier present on that days page) or does it mean only angey page length debaters on character personality have to go here.
For example if I say this or that in the page relates to snads schemes is that the same as saying she did something becase she's an evil dictator?

Hmm maybe i'm thinking to hard i only post like once a month anyways.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby HoneyBee » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:33 pm

^ I'd say only debates on these characters' personalities are covered-- but that sometimes also includes their actions, and sometimes their decisions, and sometimes their choices, and sometimes their intelligence, and sometimes overall opinions/likeability over them, and sometimes everything. It's up for interpretation-- so I wouldn't risk it. Keep your opinion at minimum about these three characters when outside this thread.
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:13 pm

Taken such a long break from DT that I started a reread to refresh myself on the details... Man is Quai's total bitch-ness and all the indoctrination going on not making it easy going.

First time through there were people to root for and even hope for. This time through there is... A sense of pity for Mel? And... That's about it.

Snad on the other hand by and large has "is the villain" immunity from such things... Which I guess just goes to show a failing with DT "not heroes or villains" thing, as it goes out of it's way to have anyone who gets too close to "hero" kick about a dozen puppies, but seems to have little issue with Snad wearing the villain cap with little more then "well she's nuts so it doesn't count".

... Honestly, a part of me fears something along the lines of a nBSG ending for DT. Where you muscle through all the grim-dark and plots to get to the end and just... Find that nothing is left of whatever reason you just did all of said muscling for. Leaving you just setting there wondering what was even the point.
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Next

Return to Questions and World setting