Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Map of Surface Influence

Map of Surface Influence

Postby MEK1724 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:11 am

I have made a crude border outline of where the different groups in this story travel to and influence , based on the story (and some other ancillary information which is not part of the official cannon or story)

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8099/5s1l.png

Black = Places black sun raid or have raided in the story, which are then connected .
Black sun are stated to to come near Nuqrah here . To attack Mimaneid , here . And that they sacked ShifayeSindil here .

Blue = Places Nuqrahns or Illhardro are implied to have presence and trade with , at some point . Some of these places may have been abandoned in the stories present day .
I assumed the Nuqrahns have some contact with Nuwa and such due to the presence of Emberi slaves . Illhardro are shown to have a joint trading post with the Nalsarkoth here . All of the rest of where they travel is guessed from the Alstrat audiobook series .

Green = Nalsarkoth presence and trade routes .
There is very little to go on as there presence outside of Chel has only a single reference in the main story. The rest of the areas were guessed by me assuming that the colony locations the Nalsarkoth suggested in PTP were all near their trading areas , in order so they could have an easy place to restock supplies whilst trading .

Orange = ~Hermione area of control . Also guessed routes they have traveled for scouting or raids .
They are stated to go into the wastelands , and have conquered Nagyesced , which is on the far east . Hermiones are stated to have been sighted at the colony near Nuqrah . They attacked the colony of Ys in chapter 44 which is south of Machike .

Yellow = Vanheimir .
They are implied to know some things which are going on farther to the west of themselves too though .
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Map of Surface Influence

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:42 am

you should use this map I pieced together, although it doesn't have the goblin kingdoms on the left. But it will help you with mapping out more hypothetical routes, such as the Balvhakara route from Phariasta to Nuqrah, the Jie'yen migration from Nuwa, and the Beld route that followed Sharess' refugees into Chel

it's a massive one though :P

edit: actually I went ahead and did the migration pattern http://imgur.com/jEZeUTO
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby MEK1724 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 am

Dalvyserran wrote:edit: actually I went ahead and did the migration pattern

Well Diva actually said she lived at Machike in her youth for a while . That may include Sharess' people too .
Also Diva appears to have visited the Dryad cemetery before when she was very young .
And there is a wall , which Kyo suggests was made by the Dokkalafar , and judging by the stairs on the wall is set up to repel people coming from the north (assuming the dark elves all came from the south ) . This would suggest an northern border for the Dark elves (although they may have dwelt even further north then the wall ) . *hmmm*
This suggests that the dark elf refugees from the moons age might have come from somewhere much further north then in your map .
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Postby MEK1724 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 am

Also the inner sea mentioned here , and the water body bordering Phariasta lines up fairly well . *hmmm*
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:14 pm

I know about the inner sea, but the fact that Zharbi and phariasta have an unbroken western coast leads me to believe sharess' queendom and thalamani were somewhere east of phariasta.

And there were dark elves in the far north--Char was one of the civilizations, but its unconfirmed whether there was a nation up there besides Char. There could have been many smaller communities, since there are ruins as far up as on the mountain border with vanaheimr
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby MEK1724 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Dalvyserran wrote: have an unbroken western coast leads me to believe sharess' queendom and thalamani were somewhere east of phariasta.

I think Sharesses area directly borders Phariasta , on the basis of how the coasts match up . *hmmm*
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Return to Questions and World setting