Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki.

Using blood arts for healing?

Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Mizu » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 am

Can blood mana arts be used to heal wounds? Or would it's medical usages be limited to stopping the patient from bleeding out so you have longer to treat them? I mean, someone uses blood+empathy to make creatures explode so healing should be possible to, right?
User avatar
Mizu
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 pm
Clan: Sharen

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 am

blood arts was used to draw poisoned blood from Kiel's body

Ariel's regeneration high sorcery is blood + bone
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby MEK1724 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 am

Also Sarai was trying to heal Fake Diva with a blood foci , on this page .
User avatar
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 am
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 am

MEK1724 wrote:Also Sarai was trying to heal Fake Diva with a blood foci , on this page .

You know.... Given how the whole point of foci is to let you use affinities you don't normally have... I'm kind of surprised "healing foci" aren't more common then they seem to be....
User avatar
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:40 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Because foci only go so far in use, compared to someone who has natural talent and greater control with the element as their affinity. It helps to have one but a foci is not an utter replacement to an elemental affinity.
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Khora2150 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:Because foci only go so far in use, compared to someone who has natural talent and greater control with the element as their affinity. It helps to have one but a foci is not an utter replacement to an elemental affinity.


^ This. Would need to be incredibly precise with blood sorcery to not cause great harm on your patient. Cannot just jam all the blood back into the body, clot the wound and call it a day.

At a guess, foci are likely expensive as well since they seem to be given only to specialised combat troops.
User avatar
Khora2150
Demon
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Australia, Victoria
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Using blood arts for healing?

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Khora2150 wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:Because foci only go so far in use, compared to someone who has natural talent and greater control with the element as their affinity. It helps to have one but a foci is not an utter replacement to an elemental affinity.


^ This. Would need to be incredibly precise with blood sorcery to not cause great harm on your patient. Cannot just jam all the blood back into the body, clot the wound and call it a day.

At a guess, foci are likely expensive as well since they seem to be given only to specialised combat troops.


I was under the impression the brawlers were the schmuck cannon fodde....er basic foot soldiers *wee*
User avatar
Brawl97
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 am
Location: Bashing my head against all the walls ever
Clan: Vloz'ress


Return to Questions and World Setting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest