Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki.

Kalsazal and Grey Legion Plausibility

Kalsazal and Grey Legion Plausibility

Postby Derkath of Morrowind » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17434&p=756747#p756747

Good morning/afternoon/evening ladies and gents, I have a question for you. Is the fan clan I have created (and a certain sub-branch of it's military) world setting adherent? I would like to get your opinions on the subject manor. Do keep in mind that it is a WIP.
Derkath of Morrowind
Tainted

Re: Kalsazal and Grey Legion Plausibility

Postby Whizzard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Well, considering drow nature, your clan doesn't sound fitting within the setting. For one, it sounds too nice. Flower themes and pleasant music, love for sexual activities and great tolerance for halmes, great military prowess with grand magic ability.

Sounds like all the positive aspects of Sullisin'rune, Ill'har'dro, Sarghress and Nal'sarkoth were mixed together.

While it's all sounds good, it's TOO good. Comparing it to what is going on with the existing clans, it's like a utopia. Such a thing sounds too good to be true.

And as Tsuris said, such things can't be done to halmes.

Also, one last thing: Flowers, soothing music + sexual freedom sounds a lot like Guild Of Flowers.
http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Guild_of_Flowers

It's kind of their forte, if you know what I mean. *wink wink nudge nudge*
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Derkath of Morrowind » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Whizzard wrote:Well, considering drow nature, your clan doesn't sound fitting within the setting. For one, it sounds too nice. Flower themes and pleasant music, love for sexual activities and great tolerance for halmes, great military prowess with grand magic ability.

Sounds like all the positive aspects of Sullisin'rune, Ill'har'dro, Sarghress and Nal'sarkoth were mixed together.

While it's all sounds good, it's TOO good. Comparing it to what is going on with the existing clans, it's like a utopia. Such a thing sounds too good to be true.

And as Tsuris said, such things can't be done to halmes.

Also, one last thing: Flowers, soothing music + sexual freedom sounds a lot like Guild Of Flowers.
http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Guild_of_Flowers

It's kind of their forte, if you know what I mean. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I still don't understand the whole "such things can't be done to Halmes." Herbs, plants and drugs are being used to enhance a soldier. Seeing as this is a fantasy setting, I don't see how it's impossible. Is there some peice of canon that explicitly says that it can't be done?

On the rest: Time to get to work, and make the clan grimdark.
Derkath of Morrowind
Tainted

Postby Whizzard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 pm

The drow don't understand the concept of using herbs, plants and drugs. For one, they don't have any for themselves aside from food. Empaths are used as healers who also soothe pain and can heal wounds by directly manipulating the aura of the patient. Why would they experient on auraless halmes however is even a bigger mystery. Aside from breeding them like dogs for war, they don't know how to modify an auraless being. They don't have even slightest of knowledge about genetics to do it.

All the modification drow do their own kind is by manipulating the aura - soul of the beings. Change the soul and body will follow. Put and extra arm on soul and body will grow an extra arm. As halmes lack a soul in same sense as drow do, no modification can be done to them in the same way.
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Pahana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Whizzard wrote:The drow don't understand the concept of using herbs, plants and drugs. For one, they don't have any for themselves aside from food.

Not going to join the debate here, but Chrys requested Valerian Extract when she couldn't sleep, so they know some herbs at least.
Pahana

Postby Derkath of Morrowind » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Whizzard wrote:The drow don't understand the concept of using herbs, plants and drugs. For one, they don't have any for themselves aside from food. Empaths are used as healers who also soothe pain and can heal wounds by directly manipulating the aura of the patient. Why would they experient on auraless halmes however is even a bigger mystery. Aside from breeding them like dogs for war, they don't know how to modify an auraless being. They don't have even slightest of knowledge about genetics to do it.

All the modification drow do their own kind is by manipulating the aura - soul of the beings. Change the soul and body will follow. Put and extra arm on soul and body will grow an extra arm. As halmes lack a soul in same sense as drow do, no modification can be done to them in the same way.

There are a few flaws I see with your argument - 1) slaves. I'm pretty sure the Drow could purchase some Vanir slaves with medicinal knowledge, hell even Halm slaves could posses some medicinal knowledge.
2) The Jaal failed. The couldn't pull it off for that exact reason.
Derkath of Morrowind
Tainted

Postby MEK1724 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 am

Whizzard wrote:The drow don't understand the concept of using herbs, plants and drugs.

No evidence of this .

I mean if the drugs are better or more extensive in scope then real world ones , then you may have gone too far . But less extensive , like just dulls them to pain or maybe lets them grow a bit taller .

Now a goblin gets no real advantage from not having an aura , except when fighting demons or holding overloaded mana bombs , as far as I remember . So the only times you'd expect them to excel at their role , would be if their opponents are
a) Tired
b) In poor formation compared to them
c) If you're just using them as an advance attack to disrupt or slow down the opponents formation or charge
d) Not very good at mana arts

So keep that in mind
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Derkath of Morrowind » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

I have updated my fan clan. Please, any more advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

- DoM
Derkath of Morrowind
Tainted

Return to Questions and World Setting