Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Collage map actualized

Re: Collage map actualized

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 pm

on the topic of world maps. Does anyone know where that old map of Chel that was here went? the one with places marked that people guessed were minor clans and landmarks?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jak'iaah » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:30 pm

This one? Or are you thinking of a map from before the timeskip?
Jak'iaah
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dalvyserran » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:02 pm

not quite. It was that map, but people had written down locations & landmarks that were unnamed based on other sources... I wanted to know if it was still around
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jak'iaah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:48 am

Jak'iaah
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dalvyserran » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:32 am

yeah that! thanks
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Beau~Barbare » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am

This. I needed this so bad. For my brain reasons. Thank you so much.
Beau~Barbare
Summoner

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 pm

...To bad we don't have something like that for the city before the war. :c

Anyway, do we know where that part of the city infested with demons left over from the Nidraa'chal war is?

...Kind of odd how there's so much room left empty of any clan HQ, most all of them seem to be in ether the north or south sides of the city. *ooo*

Do we know where the Black Dragon is?
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 pm

A question:

We can see that Char is really, really, really far away from the Nidavellir or from any oher mist-filled crater, but, on the other hand, thanks to the side story Char - Sea of Spirits we know that Char was originally a mining colony and that there were duergars down there who fought the dark elves when they sealed themselves underground...

Does that mean that there are duergars living in caves everywhere below the surface of the continent, and not only in the Sea of Mists?

What is more, did Senekha travel from Chel to Char walking on the surface, or are there underground tunnels linking Char to the Sea of Mists?
Last edited by Doom Chinchilla on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby MEK1724 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Does that mean that there are duergars living in caves everywhere below the surface of the continent, and not only in the Sea of Mists?

The sea of mist doesn't technically include Chel . Or the tunnel from Chel to machike . So quite possibly .
What is more, did Senekha travel from Chel to Char walking on the surface, or are there underground tunnels linking Char to the Sea of Mists?

I think there may have been some things which talked about that in a podcast or the Char commentary .
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:A question:

We can see that Char is really, really, really far away from the Nidavellir or from any oher mist-filled crater, but, on the other hand, thanks to the side story Char - Sea of Spirits we know that Char was originally a mining colony and that there were duergars down there wo fought the dark elves when they sealed themselves underground...

Does that mean that there are duergars living in caves everywhere below the surface of the continent, and not only in the Sea of Mists?

Falling moon chunks don't make "caves", which means that a good bit of "the underworld" was already there to start with, so... For all we know, the moon fragment could of landed on a large chunk of the duergar civilization, with the resulting explosion traveling through cave to hit most of the rest of it. ^^;
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Shgon Dunstan wrote:...To bad we don't have something like that for the city before the war. :c

Anyway, do we know where that part of the city infested with demons left over from the Nidraa'chal war is?

...Kind of odd how there's so much room left empty of any clan HQ, most all of them seem to be in ether the north or south sides of the city. *ooo*

Do we know where the Black Dragon is?

Uhh, we do. At least one hundred years before the war http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/File:Chelmap2.png

the black dragon tavern is in the arena district http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Che ... l_District

Doom Chinchilla wrote:Does that mean that there are duergars living in caves everywhere below the surface of the continent, and not only in the Sea of Mists?

the dwarves are everywhere there is livable space underground; the sea of mists is not the only habitat for underworld creatures, as we know with Char, Damadi and Nuqrah'shareh... Plus there is that dwarf kingdom the Flower Knight found somewhere under Amaranth

As far as we know, there is no reliable way to get from Chel to Char on the surface, so yes Senekha walked underground. You'd have to cross Hermionne and noz territory to get to it on overland.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Doom Chinchilla » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I had always assumed that the caves the drow live in were either cracks around the meteorite impact or subterranean rivers that became drained when the Nidavellir appeared and their water flowed down to the crater.

I guess the duergars could have been living down there from before the meteorite, digging caves and connecting them to each others through all the continent...wow...there could exist whole civilizations unknown to the drow under Amaranth, the Wastelands, Niwaecer and all those places...
Doom Chinchilla
Dragon of the Nether

Location: Aboard the Bird-Of-The-River, sailing the Yann to Bethmoora

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm

There is a lot of unknown land east of phariasta. It is likely there are underground communities there too, since not everybody fled to settle on the rim.
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Shgon Dunstan » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:
Uhh, we do. At least one hundred years before the war http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/File:Chelmap2.png

Tad hard to make much out of that, but... Why is their a big unclaimed spot?

The big one might be mean to be Beldrobbaen, but it's hard to tell, and there are at least a few unclaimed spots around it anyway.

Still, the Kyorl certainly had a bigger piece of the pie back then, though their not the only ones... Hell, unless the map changed a lot in those hundred years, it actually looks like the Sarghress have taken land from the Nal'sarkoth... Their ally in the war. o_O

Also... The proportions on those maps don't really seem to quite match up to me. :S

the black dragon tavern is in the arena district http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Che ... l_District

Meant "on the map", as "arena district" doesn't tell me much as to it's relation to everything else.
Shgon Dunstan
Tainted

Postby H'K'Maly » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Doom Chinchilla wrote:I had always assumed that the caves the drow live in were either cracks around the meteorite impact or subterranean rivers that became drained when the Nidavellir appeared and their water flowed down to the crater.

I guess the duergars could have been living down there from before the meteorite, digging caves and connecting them to each others through all the continent...wow...there could exist whole civilizations unknown to the drow under Amaranth, the Wastelands, Niwaecer and all those places...

The fact they are unknown to us doesn't mean they are unknown to drows.
H'K'Maly
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Questions and World setting