Greetings to fellow drowtales enthusiasts. I am eager to hear your suggestions and remarks concerning the Visual guides. It is highly probable that there are some inconsistencies and missing characters in the guides, and I am kind of relying on you guys to help me track those down.
The guides conception (please read before suggesting changes):
Visual guide to the cast
- Only canon characters and relations of Moonless Age are relevant for the guide
- Only characters with known names are included (sorry to that-guy-who-said-that-thing-in-chapter-X-and-is-apparently-a-son-of-Y)
- Characters which are a part of a personal storyline but largely irrelevant outside of it are not included
- Very minor characters and characters who die in the same chapter in which they first appear are generally not included
- The placement and relations of each character are generally determined by what is known at the moment of his/her first appearance in the story (hence Ariel as Quain's daughter, Tir'ade as Kyorl'Solenurn etc.)
- There is currently no place for clanless characters. This might change in the future.
- If a tracked character appears in a chapter, then (and only then) there is an image box attached to his/her line.
- The purpose of the image boxes is to bring back memories to the events in question, ideally without containing any blatant spoilers for a reader who didn't read the chapter yet.
- Character portraits placement: Always show first appearance of a new character
- Character portraits placement: When desirable, show portraits for the main characters involved in the events (sometimes this is helpfull for remembering the events, sometimes it might be better to leave more space for the background image instead).