Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Visual Guides feedback and announcements

Re: Visual Guides feedback and announcements

Postby Finn MacCool » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Dalvyserran wrote:For the Story Guide, chapter 32 section, Kio'nel's name is spelled as "Kiolen". In ch 31 he is called both Kio'nel and Kiolen, so I'm not sure which is it.

his sketch (in the news) had the name "Kio'nel" on it. so i think that's the correct one.
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby 3Power » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:12 am

I thought this was deleted for some inexplicable reason and all mention of it hushed up? And you want error correction now? When i pointed out errors before my comments were deleted.
3Power
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Max_black0 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 am

3Power wrote:I thought this was deleted for some inexplicable reason and all mention of it hushed up? And you want error correction now? When i pointed out errors before my comments were deleted.

Did you read this?

embair wrote:
*SNIP*

Finally let me apologize to those of you, who discovered an early version of the Story guide on the wiki a month ago, only to see it removed shortly after. Hopefully you find the final version worth the wait.
Max_black0
Vel'akar

Postby embair » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 am

Updated version is up, thanks everyone for the observations.

3Power wrote:I thought this was deleted for some inexplicable reason and all mention of it hushed up? And you want error correction now? When i pointed out errors before my comments were deleted.

Sorry to hear that, wish I could have seen those comments before they were deleted. That said, the guide was pretty much rebuilt from scratch since than, so hopefuly most of them are fixed now anyway. I thought the "inexplicable" reason would be quite obvious by now, but for the sake of clarity: The leaked version was a work in progress, published by accident (I don't know much details about how that happened, nor do I care about them). I deleted it after the incident 1) since it was not yet worthy of drowtales ^^ and 2) since I would otherwise have to spend time fixing errors in a dead version of the guide (it was already being remade with a new layout).
embair
Nether Seed

Postby Shoedrinker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 pm

I noticed several omissions:

- Andri, one of Key'sal's highland raiders, in both guides. Name can be seen here ("We wait for Andri") and shows up in the next page. Other appearances include:

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive//2 ... 21p027.jpg
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive//2 ... 15p002.jpg
http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive//2 ... 30p009.jpg

- Key'sal herself.

- Kai, a "halme from Haltonreibe" and member of the Stone Company who appeared alongside Dhal'zyn and Ileh'gro when Kyo, Chiri and Shan stopped at an Ilhar'dro outpost to get some news from the area. Chapter 20.

And some errors:

- In Vaelia's path, Iwan's name (group leader) is lacking - Kai'to was repeated there.
- The different portions of Vaelia's path are side stories to chapters 24, 25 and 27. Currently the whole of it is marked as a side story of chapter 23.

And I believe that's all.

Good day and thanks!
Shoedrinker
Summoner

Postby MEK1724 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Nori'ga and Sunya's names should be switched around , in the bottom of the chapter 30 part .
MEK1724
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Max_black0 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:14 am

Is the Clans Guide going to be updated with the post time-skip appearance of all the characters?
(or at the least the younger characters)
Max_black0
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:54 pm

embair wrote:Updated version is up, thanks everyone for the observations.

Sorry to hear that, wish I could have seen those comments before they were deleted. That said, the guide was pretty much rebuilt from scratch since than, so hopefuly most of them are fixed now anyway. I thought the "inexplicable" reason would be quite obvious by now, but for the sake of clarity: The leaked version was a work in progress, published by accident (I don't know much details about how that happened, nor do I care about them). I deleted it after the incident 1) since it was not yet worthy of drowtales ^^ and 2) since I would otherwise have to spend time fixing errors in a dead version of the guide (it was already being remade with a new layout).

What was the point of hiding it after it was already up? The wiki is already a huge mess of outdated info.

"Not worthy of drowtales?" You are far far too kind. This is the company that claimed ptp2 would be here months ago, delayed it again and again and then released it in a buggy, unplayable state. Compared to that a guide with a few names misspelled is nothing.

Anyway, censorship is stupid bro, don't do it.
3Power
Summoner

Postby embair » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Great, I switched Nori'ga and Sunya again *doh*. Aanyway updated version of story guide is up, thanks for input. Andri will also apear in the clans guide with it's next update.

Max_black0 wrote:Is the Clans Guide going to be updated with the post time-skip appearance of all the characters?
(or at the least the younger characters)

The current version of the Clans Guide with the characters and portraits from chpt. 0-32 will remain available. At the same time, a new Clan Guide for chapters 33+ will be made. Whether this will be an extension of the current guide with replaced images, or a new guide made from scratch, is not yet clear. It all depends on how much the situation in Chel changed after the time skip.
embair
Nether Seed

Postby Shoedrinker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Sorry to bring this up until now, dear sir, but I noticed earlier three things that may be of your interest:

1. Ash'waren is depicted as a dark elf in both guides
  2. Salan'dara is linked to her by a line of "formal relation"
  3. Rosof is not linked to neither Sarnel nor Nei'khalsa and the Tions House is not shown, receiving then a different treatment than Nizz're's and Nori'fu's

At the begginig of this thread for the visual cast guide you established:
embair wrote:The placement and relations of each character are generally determined by what is known at the moment of his/her first appearance in the story (hence Ariel as Quain's daughter, Tir'ade as Kyorl'Solenurn etc.)

Given that this is such due, I assume, the intention to avoid giving spoilers to new readers, wouldn't be preferable to use another image of Ash'waren because her true nature is a revelation that occurs later in the comic?

In regard to the second matter, according to the Wiki and the Old World setting pages, Salan'dara is the heir of Ash'waren and sister to Faen, though this is not said in the comic when she is first named by Kel'noz (there she is simply presented as his counterpart in the other clan, though one could interpret that sentence as also including their blood relation to their respective leaders).

And finally, the comic has not talked either about the exact relationships between the known Tions, aside from Mandroga's line of "Hey, Rosof, you're gonna let your grandson get killed?". However, the wiki is more revealing on these details.

Thanks for your attention! May you have a pleasant day.

P.S. Going through the posts on page 1, MEK1724 has proportioned us the complete name of Andri (Andri'fel),
another appearance of him and a source for the Tions family tree.

Also, the description of Kuso's description is currently "mercenary" with an initial lower-case letter.
Shoedrinker
Summoner

Postby embair » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Clan guide updated. Changes to story guide will apear with it's next update.

Shoedrinker wrote:Sorry to bring this up until now, dear sir, but I noticed earlier three things that may be of your interest:

How dare you provide your voluntarily help so late, shame on you! :D

Shoedrinker wrote:
  1. Ash'waren is depicted as a dark elf in both guides
  2. Salan'dara is linked to her by a line of "formal relation"
  3. Rosof is not linked to neither Sarnel nor Nei'khalsa and the Tions House is not shown, receiving then a different treatment than Nizz're's and Nori'fu's

1. Very good point, portrait changed.
2. I was told by Kern that for all we know Salan'dara is not heir, so that part of world setting seems not to apply anymore. She might still be Ash'waren's daughter, but we don't know that (I wouldn't say the "counterpart" mention from Kel'Noz implies such). So I guess I'll leave it on formal relation until we're proven otherwise.
3. True. I've read that post about Tions family before, but somehow failed to notice the part about Sarnel being named Tions contrary to the custom (of mother's side taking precedence), hence I associated him more to Kel'Noz. Fixed now.

Thanks for the insights, may you too have a nice day!
embair
Nether Seed

Postby wkwkwkwk1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Hey there!

I believe I have spotted two mistakes:

In the Clans Overview, Snadhya'Rune has an extra "s" at the end

In the Story Guide, Kharla'ggen is missing a "g"

Nice guides, by the way!

wkwkwkwk1
wkwkwkwk1
Tik'tikki