Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

FAQs: Subscriptions! Ask your questions here!

Re: FAQs: Subscriptions! Ask your questions here!

Postby Kern » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 am

waffleferret wrote:I was hopeing to to it today but for some odd reason it won't give me the email i need to mail, I tried it three times and it still will not work.

email...that you need mail.
I don't understand. please email me if you need assistance with your subscription.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby waffleferret » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:48 am

Kern wrote:
waffleferret wrote:I was hopeing to to it today but for some odd reason it won't give me the email i need to mail, I tried it three times and it still will not work.

email...that you need mail.
I don't understand. please email me if you need assistance with your subscription.

? Im abit confused , when I subscribe by mail Ihave to print out that sheet with the codes on it that say who the subscription is for and how meny months ,cost and stuff like that and amil it with your money , I never got the email I need to print out

my last one looked like this:

Greetings!

You have received this email because someone has given it as the contact email for creating a new subscription at Drowtales. If you believe that this is an error, please just ignore it.

If however it was you who whishes to subscribe then please print this email and mail it together with the said amount of money (no checks, cash only) to:

Studio Drowtales
1226 Adelard Plourde
Chicoutimi
G7H6T7
Canada

Your subscription will be activeted as soon as the payment is received. To help solve problems with missing mail, please also keep a copy of this email for later reference.

The subscription you purchased is for your own user named 'waffleferret'. It will expire 3 months after activation.

The subscription contains:

Clan Member
Subscription ID: ***************

Price: 15.00 USD

Best regards,
Studio Drowtales.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Kern » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:12 am

Waffletferret : Email me. I can't help you via the forum.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 am

waffleferret wrote:? Im abit confused , when I subscribe by mail Ihave to print out that sheet with the codes on it that say who the subscription is for and how meny months ,cost and stuff like that and amil it with your money , I never got the email I need to print out

uhmm, if i don't misunderstand something, it's the email you posted

If however it was you who whishes to subscribe then please print this email...

"this email" refers to the email it's written in
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Finn MacCool wrote:
waffleferret wrote:? Im abit confused , when I subscribe by mail Ihave to print out that sheet with the codes on it that say who the subscription is for and how meny months ,cost and stuff like that and amil it with your money , I never got the email I need to print out

uhmm, if i don't misunderstand something, it's the email you posted

If however it was you who whishes to subscribe then please print this email...

"this email" refers to the email it's written in

finn that email iis an old email from the first time i subscribed :)
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Finn MacCool » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm

well, there's a reason i tend to add things like "if i don't misunderstand something" to what i say 8P
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:58 am

Is the subscribtion page updated with the new mailing address or do I still send it to the old one?
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Kern » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 am

use the new address in the system.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby Drusia » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Okay, I have a question (two, really), and it's somewhat different than everyone else's....

I was wondering where I could get a description of what exactly the Slavemaster story is like. I realize that it's "uncencored fanservice" like the rest of Daydream (to which I subscribe) but other than the mysterious "exclusive storyline" all I can seem to find out on the webpage is that I get new voting options. And the sample is just Ariel playing dress up and talking to a cat which, while interesting, doesn't actually get far enough for me to really understand what is going on. (I think the Daydream samples are much better at conveying what Daydream is really like - they sold me on a subscription last month, and a trip through the archives only left me more thrilled - great stuff!).

So, what I want to know is, what is the Slavemaster story like? Is it really so much better than daydream to justify the additional 12 dollars a month? I'm not looking for details here, just a better description of the basic idea (which I seem to remember existing several years ago, when I had less money and couldn't even afford Daydream). If such a description exists, a link to it would also work fine.

Also, on a related question that is probably a better fit to this thread, but I didn't know where else to ask any of it, I wanted to know - if I upgrade from Daydream to Slavemaster, will I be charged the full 18, or just the 12 dollar difference over my current Daydream subscription? I have monthly, reoccuring, just in case it matters.

Thanks!
Drusia
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Lt Anders » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Also, on a related question that is probably a better fit to this thread, but I didn't know where else to ask any of it, I wanted to know - if I upgrade from Daydream to Slavemaster, will I be charged the full 18, or just the 12 dollar difference over my current Daydream subscription? I have monthly, reoccuring, just in case it matters.

From my experience, you would be charged full price. This is, from what I understand, because each subscription is it's own product. But, as they have instituted an upgrade policy, and I do large sum payments, I do not notice an "upgrade" and only 12 dollar increase. Please note, this is only my personal experience. Someone with a monthly account could tell you more(also, it's cheaper if ya do one large sum payment instead of monthly for 1 year)

So, what I want to know is, what is the Slavemaster story like? Is it really so much better than daydream to justify the additional 12 dollars a month? I'm not looking for details here, just a better description of the basic idea (which I seem to remember existing several years ago, when I had less money and couldn't even afford Daydream). If such a description exists, a link to it would also work fine.

The reason a SM account is so much more is that you have the ability to post options in any archive, an additional 2 more votes for those basic archives, and a new archive(with option adding and only 1 vote).

Personal opinion on the SM story/archive. The premise is you are a demon, and you are trying to rebuild you're former kingdom. To do this, you can, enslave people(from the current universe like Syphile, or Mel, etc), buy them off(like some of the current pages), or conquer them(also current pages), or anything else that satiates your fantasy.

I'll let a SM person tell ya more, as I only do it once every 4 months or so just to catch up.

Best thing I can tell you: Try it for one month and then go from there. As it's all personal taste, one person's may not be the same as others.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Drusia » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Lt Anders wrote:The reason a SM account is so much more is that you have the ability to post options in any archive, an additional 2 more votes for those basic archives, and a new archive(with option adding and only 1 vote).

I knew about the increased votes (which holds no interest for me - I barely vote as it is), but yes, I realize that's where most of the cost goes. But, if I go Slavemaster, it will be only for the story and archive.

Lt Anders wrote:Personal opinion on the SM story/archive. The premise is you are a demon, and you are trying to rebuild you're former kingdom. To do this, you can, enslave people(from the current universe like Syphile, or Mel, etc), buy them off(like some of the current pages), or conquer them(also current pages), or anything else that satiates your fantasy.

So wait, the reader is a character? And the whole story is the "reader demon" trying to enslave characters? So... I take it there are no actual "storylines" like there are in Daydream? Or, to use a more specific example, the "Ariel and Faen Hunt" is just the reader demon trying to capture both Ariel and Faen... not, say, a story about Ariel finding Faen and having a happy yuri relationship? Or is it both at once? Do the characters still have lives, or are they just pretty much walking cutout blow-up dolls for the Slavemaster reader demons to fantasize about?

I really like the Daydream STORYLINES... Illharess Gathering is my personal favorite, and I also like Renewing Alliance and Space Age. If Slavemaster was like that, I'd sign up in a heartbeat. But... I'm not getting the impression that it is.
Drusia
Nether Spawn

Postby Drusia » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Drusia wrote:So wait, the reader is a character? And the whole story is the "reader demon" trying to enslave characters? So... I take it there are no actual "storylines" like there are in Daydream? Or, to use a more specific example, the "Ariel and Faen Hunt" is just the reader demon trying to capture both Ariel and Faen... not, say, a story about Ariel finding Faen and having a happy yuri relationship? Or is it both at once? Do the characters still have lives, or are they just pretty much walking cutout blow-up dolls for the Slavemaster reader demons to fantasize about?

I really like the Daydream STORYLINES... Illharess Gathering is my personal favorite, and I also like Renewing Alliance and Space Age. If Slavemaster was like that, I'd sign up in a heartbeat. But... I'm not getting the impression that it is.

Hello? Even though that ended in a period, that was still sort of a question. I'm coming up my monthly payment for Daydream, so if I'm going to upgrade, I'll want to do so soon...

-- Drusia

Edit: Almost forgot - if you'd rather PM me than answer here, please feel free to do so. This conversation can go private, just so long as someone actually messages me.
Drusia
Nether Spawn

Postby Kern » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby Roses Ablaze » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 am

Alright, so I just subscribed to Daydream and Path to Power like two days ago, but then I realized I've kind of lost interest in Daydream and only want Path to Power. What's the easiest (ie cheapest) way to switch from two subscriptions to one? Should I cancel my subscription now and resubscribe to PtP after I lose access or is there some other, better way?
Roses Ablaze
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:09 am

Is it possible to make an additional payment to extend a subscription before it expires?
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and World setting