Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

FAQs: Subscriptions! Ask your questions here!

Re: FAQs: Subscriptions! Ask your questions here!

Postby Kern » Sat May 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Each subscription have it own renewal date.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Henon » Mon May 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Kern wrote:Each subscription have it own renewal date.

Thank you Kern :) .
Henon
Tainted

Postby BlackFulcrum » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Here's a simple question, how safe is Paypal?

I'm seriously thinking about signing up for PtP, now that I've dropped WoW, I've got spare time, and when I'm reading the forums I also swing by the PtP forums now that non members can read them as well. (yes, Kern your evil plan has succeeded)

I'm someone who like ease of payment, but I haven't used paypal ever, the only thing I bought online were MMORPG subscriptions with SOE and Blizzard, and games trough GameStop in the US, now these are megacorps huge ammounts of security in their payment systems.
However I've heard some horror stories about Paypal, but also some that half of those are bullshit, and good deal of other are stupidity by the buying party, so basically, I'm looking personal experiences from you guys.

I could use snail mail, but I'm in Europe, and sending money across such a distance with mail...well it doesn't sound very safe either, plus it takes an good ammount of time to arrive.
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meckruco » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 pm

ive found paypal to be paranoid safe.

i know im the odd ball case being in the military.. but the first time i accessed it when i was deployed.. they locked my account down. even though it was me useing it.

my mother had to fax a copy of the Power of Atturny to them before they would even talk to her about my account. (i was busy in Iraq. and the time zone diffrence sucked)

to me pay pal is as safe if not safer than banking systems.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby Thaluka2 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Most of the trouble from Paypal is from people who use ebay and get scammed one way or the other and don't read the Paypal EULA about such things. Also people like Kern who accept payments through Paypal can have various troubles. For simple transaction on the purchaser like a website subscription I do not see very much that could go wrong at all.
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby BlackFulcrum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:39 pm

I signed up with Paypal today, and I tried to subscribe for PtP, but Paypal kept bouncing me, I got a "You can not use this credit card for this transaction. Use an other source of payment" warning, do I need to wait till the whole CC is verified or something before I can use it, I'd rather not link my bank account to Paypal as the site is advising me.
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby Lt Anders » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 pm

BlackFulcrum wrote:I signed up with Paypal today, and I tried to subscribe for PtP, but Paypal kept bouncing me, I got a "You can not use this credit card for this transaction. Use an other source of payment" warning, do I need to wait till the whole CC is verified or something before I can use it, I'd rather not link my bank account to Paypal as the site is advising me.

I think you have to wait until paypal verifies your form of payment(aka to make sure you have funds, etc) That's what it did with mine.(Except I used a CC and a Bank account)
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby kylefiredemon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am

how do you pay by mail because I'm interested in reading more in the daydream section :S
kylefiredemon
Vel'akar

Postby Kern » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Go through the subscription system and select pay by mail :p
Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby waffleferret » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

kylefiredemon wrote:how do you pay by mail because I'm interested in reading more in the daydream section :S

if you use coins tape them to a peace of papper the post office will steal them ! ..or more likely the envolope will rip i learned that the hard way some times the mail has to go along way till it gets to cananda ><
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Roses Ablaze » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 pm

I canceled my subscription to Daydream via PayPal, but I can still see the Daydream archives on the site. (I tried canceling my subscription through the site, but I couldn't figure out how). Is my subscription truly canceled? *is having money troubles, like a lot of people*
Roses Ablaze
Vel'akar

Postby Lordpanther14 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:38 pm

You probably have the rest of the month you paid for until that's finished and you're restricted again.
Lordpanther14
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Sence you moved dose that mean I can't send my Subscribtion money by mail anymore or is there a new place ? or have you moved yet/ stoped your mail ?
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Kern » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 am

Roses, use email to contact me regarding subscriptions issues.

Waffleferret: Difficult question. Really depend on when you need to send it. If it is within the next 2 week, our current address is fine. If it is after the 10 october, then it'll be a different address since we start moving the 23. 2 weeks safety zone.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Postby waffleferret » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:46 pm

I was hopeing to to it today but for some odd reason it won't give me the email i need to mail, I tried it three times and it still will not work.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and World setting