Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Auras, summons, demons, and death

Auras, summons, demons, and death

Postby Moric » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 pm

I apologize for this, I really do. ^^; Just pondering some magi-physics.

Given:
- Traditional Summoning (Elendlar) takes and stores the aura of a recently killed fae into a gemstone.
- Nether demons can be sealed into gemstones.
- Demons (Ver'aku, Vel'akar and Shards) exit their bodies when killed, ready to possess a new victim.
- With the death of Sene'kha, a red, tainted aura can be drawn into a sealing stone.
- Of all the deaths of Ver'drowendar, none that I can recall have a nether demon arising from the corpse on their own.
- Ran'diirk's aura, after death, while being bound by Snadhya'rune as a summon, is tainted red.
- Only the Kyorls give a thought about capturing the nether from a dead tainted.

As such, would this be considered appropriate?
- The nether demon attaches to its host's aura permanently, until the aura is fully consumed.
- If the host is killed prior to being consumed, both the demon and the host's aura fade away.
- If so, this would explain why a merged such as Sha'sana does not leave a demon behind. As the aura and demon have become a symbiotic whole, the pair will die together.

Is this crazy? Did I miss anything?
Moric
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Return to Questions and World setting