Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Re: Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Postby Gunbird » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:57 am

django wrote:Just a heads up for the 1114 rp area. You can't have 2 characters in the same spot. Or interact at all. (but the Freeplay, Game Tavern, or the Relic hunter rp area, you can have as many characters as the GM would let you)

Its an old rule, that really needs to be gone but we are stuck with it.

Dose the rule need to go on 1114 or Freeplay?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 am

The rule goes to 1114.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Gunbird » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:59 pm

What do I need to do start a RP game on the form?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 pm

For freestyle really you just need to have a story in mind (don't always need to stick to it but it helps to have a general goal), a setting, and of course, your character. At least that's what I think.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Whats do I have to do when I'm GM?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Sort of just to keep things rolling. Invite people who you think might want to play. Like I said you keep the overall theme in mind, a goal, and try to think of the story. Django will probably help you out more but I would say if you're going to do a lot of combat you might want to set the ground rules for how it's handled. That way you won't have one person godmodding (not that that happens) and one person purposely under performing not sure how the story is suppose to go. I'm still a bit new at GMing myself (mostly wukong) but everyone has their own sort of style.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 pm

-Hmm, thats a very hard question to exactly pin point. Because there isn't a Right or wrong answer to it.

I guess it depends on what you want to do. I personally like less rules to my rps and a less world building to it. Thankfully drowtales pretty much is the standard here so all of the basic world settings is already here.

-Gming is a learn as you go kind of thing really.

-Your first post to the Game should set the mood and/or setting. Is this going to be a war game? or is it a Night out of the town? Or something else, really up to you.

-Personally I like keeping my posts short, like under 3 to 4 paragraphs. You can have more if its needed but a Quick and easier post, is much easier for players to react to.

-As a Gm, you should have a character or 2 to help push the plot forward. No lead by the nose but PCs dont always know what you as the GM has planned. And having characters on board to to the heavy lifting helps things.

Also I like to keep my NPC on NPC talk to a minimum. Why not have a NPC talk to a Player character instead.

(NPC, non playable character)

-One suggestion I would say, is keep your player numbers down. The more players you have the less screen time they have to interact in the rp. A heathy number is capped at 4 and under. I can do 5 players, But once you get 6 people in your game it become harder to keep everybody doing something meaningful.

-Keep an order of postings, Just to keep things going timely. Try not to let people skip ahead.

-As a rule, Fun is the name of the game.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:28 pm

What do I need to convents people to play in the game?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:33 pm

You could put your rp to OPEN and see who joins that way. But that doesn't grantee anybody will come tho. You could ask people but most people who are rping are probably full/busy or already planning on joining your game.

Not many full time rpers around here.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu May 07, 2015 3:11 pm

I'm thinking of a crossover game that based on a Si-fy/horror game called System Shock 2.

I hvent played it but I watched a Lets play of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vGamx ... D865E39165

The game is set 80 yeas after the events of System Shock 2. A pirate crew are preparing to raid a space station outside the borders of government controlled space.
They pose themselves as P.M.C grope to get in there but they find out something is wrong. Very wrong.

What do you guys think?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

When i'm playing as a GM, what rules should I set down for the other players?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri May 08, 2015 7:34 pm

I guess that depends on what you have in mind. Some GMs are more open to players inputs then others.

I myself try to keep the rules to a minimum. What you might want to do is write down what you Don't want players to do.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sat May 09, 2015 2:20 am

Here are some of the rules for Nothing to Gain.

-All DT Freestyle Rules apply.

-The closes thing to a magic user in the System Shock series is a person who has Psionic Ability. If you choose his class, you can only use pistols.

-The pirates star out with "bread and butter" weapons. (Pistols, shotguns, rifles, sub and light machine-guns,frag flash and EMP grenades and metal meal weapons) There will be more advance weapons later in the game.
People who have Psionic Ability cary a smaller version of the Psionic Amplifier with them.

Edit: There are no dice rules on this game anymore.

I need one hacker in the team.

Check these links for more info.

http://shodan.wikia.com/wiki/System_Shock_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2#Gameplay

New link: http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/sysshock2/index.shtml

And here is a LP of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vGamx ... D865E39165

Please PM me if have any questions about the game. This is the first time i'm playing as a GM so please tell me if something that you don't understand or feel like something needs to be fix. Thank you.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 am

Gunbird, Crossovers are more fitting in the game tavern, I'd say.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Gunbird » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:11 pm

(I know a lot of people on this form got a bad taste from the Earth Age , but I want to set up a game that is "loosely" based on that daydream story. The figure found a way to keep this from becoming a "Drow versus Human" type of RP. This is a rough draft of the rules)

Rumble in the jungle

Okay guys I'm setting up a game that is loosely related to earth age.

After questioning a modern-day human that got lost in a cave expedition. Diva orders the Saghress to stop Blacksuns from pillaging the modern over world.

At the same time, a squad of Seals from Team 11 are investigating a distressed call from a military base in the jungles of the Emberi Republic.

General rules:
-You can either play as the Sarghress (either as Fallen Legion or the Raiders) Navy SEALs or both.

-There is no need for dice roles.

-Your playable character will not die in this game. However they can get injured and friendly NPC's might have the potential in being killed.

- No God modding.

-Do not have a fight between the SEALs and the Sargress. The Blacksuns are going to be the enemy.

Sarghress rules:

-There is no need to make a character sheet on the this side if you don't want to. I recommend using a character that you already made for the clan.

-The the PCs can be either the the Raiders or the Fallen Legion.

SEAL team 11 rules:

-Your character can be either male or female and can be of any race/ethnicity but they must be a US citizen.

-No Crazies ,hams and glory seekers. Your character can have quirks, but nothing out of place for a special operations member

-Equipment rules. I don't want the PC carrying a large arsenal of equipment and weapons. I also don't want characters to carry weapons that are not used by the SEALs

-Like with the Sarghress, there is no need to make a character sheet. However I would like the people that are playing the human side to PM me a brief description of their PC.

Here are my SEAL characters.

Min Hùng (Most of her fellow team mates call her Lt. becuse of her rank) was a refugee from the First Emberi Republic
Civil War. Age 31

Weapons: M4a1 and Sig 226.

Brian O'Casey (Nickname Dice roll for his love of table top RPGs) is a point man from Long island NY. Age 29

Weapons: M1014 (M4 Super 90) Shotgun, Mk 24 Mod 0( HK45C) with a suppressor.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay