Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Re: Newbie School: FFRPG Help and Discussion

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:30 pm

My character doesn't necessarily like Drowolath's, but he can work alongside them so long as they don't give him any shit, if they do... fist's go flying. Those Drowolaths that he bullied where orphans and the unwanted so their would not have been much care to save them from the violence, this also occured just after he was freed so the violence towards the Drowolath's was his way of unleashing his anger on the world, but overtime he has lost his rascism and replaced it with a distrust of Drows but not outright hatred

Socially, he will not offer his opinion much unless he is asked to, he also keeps his opinions on others to himself unless he is asked to voice them. On another note, He is also shy as well in social interactions and will try to stay at the back of a group to avoid interactions... This will make for one interesting character in my opinion

As to the second point though, i will change that to some sort of substitute material... like Tanned Tikki-tikki hide or what not that will for all intents and purposes will act like leather, being tough but flexible. Do you know of any substitutes that i could use?
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Oh you can dislike Laths all you'd like :)

Hardened spider silk is easier to get in the underworld. And you can totally get a leather if its your thing, I just thought I'd tell you its going to be more expensive if you buy it in Raven.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 am

so how long does it take for someone to clear me so that i can play... i am pretty anxious to get out there and RP
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby django » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:21 am

It depends on how busy Alric is really.

There are a couple of Open Rps in the DT free play area, You don't need a registered character for there. If your not too sure, you could just poke the gm with a pm :) . Granted one is an illoh party.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:39 am

I might just try my hand at that actually
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby Gunbird » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:16 am

Is there any modern day RP's ?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 am

Not too many I can think of.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 am

Can always start one. There was an interesting one set in the 90s that sadly petered out. Drowtales OCS in their human form as high school kids
IkaikaKekai
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:40 am

I was thinking Idolly on bringing that back as a comedy/horror.

Murder at camp sleep away. But I don't think its what Gun is thinking.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:45 am

Yah, when I said modern I meant modern military. Sorry about that.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:01 am

I did set up a military rp of a sorts, and left it open to see if anyone wanted to join.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Is there anywhere on the form were I can put character sheet for RPing?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby SFI » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Gunbird wrote:Is there anywhere on the form were I can put character sheet for RPing?

This is for playing in Raveran: Link

For the free RPing, it might be best to put it in here and just link to it with your partner(s). Bonus: people give you comments as to how to improve it.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gunbird » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Ok thanks SFI.Here is the info about him.

Name: Shynt
Clan: Sarghress. Formerly Nal'sarkoth
Sex:Male

Equipment:Shynt uses a crossbows with a adjustable scope. His melee weapon is a machete (that is manly used for cutting undergrowth) He doesn't wears armor,instead he uses a ghillie-suit . His suit and weapons are made by his mate.

Magical affinity: Wood sorcery which he uses for traps. He uses mana on his bolts of better accuracy. He doesn't use these abilities when he is in a low mana zone.

Physical description: He has average crossing over to athletic build, is a little taller than the average drow male, and has a skin tone seemlier to Rel'lumia and Nal'sarkoth. He has gray eyes and black hair is in a buzz cut. The tip off his right ear got bitten off but is still functional. He some times paints his face for camouflage when hunting or on a mission. He wears a dark brown long sleeve T-shirt and cargoe pants that have padding on the knees and elbows. This is to keep them getting sore when he is crwaling. His boots are less bulky then the standard Raders ones to make less nouse while sneaking.
A dark green Shemagh( a type of scarf) covers his neck and sometimes covers his face with it. He also wears a necklace with a small animal skull when he is not scouting.

Back story: Shynt parents were both Nal'sarkoth merchants who were invold working with the Goblin mercenaries, which expose him too there culture and customs as a child. He gain a lot of knowledge about over-world hunting and fighting techniques and is considered one the best hunter of the Moonleas Age. It also made him think that non-fae as more then just cattle and deserve respect and fellowship.
He left the Nal'sarkoth when he was famed for the murder of a noble and now is working the Highland Raider as a sniper and a scout. His marksmanship and his skill at stealth has gain him some respect with his fellow raiders but his anti-slave philosophy has made some enemies.
He live with his mate, Marian.

Quirk#1: Most of the time he is calm cool and collective, which is needed for a sniper. However, when he overstressed or drunk(he stop drinking some time ago), he may get into a argument or even a fight with anyone who said something racist and/or pro-slave. Even if that anyone is a higher ranking officer.
Quirk#2: He smokes….a lot! He just doesn't do it on a mission.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm going to redo Marian. Maybe i'll make another character too.
Last edited by Gunbird on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 am

Just a heads up for the 1114 rp area. You can't have 2 characters in the same spot. Or interact at all. (but the Freeplay, Game Tavern, or the Relic hunter rp area, you can have as many characters as the GM would let you)

Its an old rule, that really needs to be gone but we are stuck with it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay