Registration thread: version 3.0 - Raveran 1114

Re: Registration thread: version 3.0 - Raveran 1114

Postby SFI » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Nice character, but there are a few things I think are wrong:

1. Her Clan being Val. Val are only the nine Val-clans in Chel since Nine is a holy number and as such more would be strange. I think going for Minor Noble would be better.

2. While it is not wrong persee, if I remember properly tainted are not allowed inside Raveran, meaning your character would have to be hiding from just about everyone in there if she does not want to get kicked/killed by those in charge.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Mach2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Okay, I will definitely change the Val title. That was a slip-up of my brain, I definitely should have caught that. XD Will edit once I'm home and have laptop access instead of just my phone.

As for the second thing, I did realize that. Is it completely impossible to play a tainted Drow in Raveran? Or is it just very difficult? If it's the latter, I'm definitely up for the challenge. Without sounding cocky, I'm used to playing characters who have to struggle to be accepted by other players.
Mach2
Nether Seed

Postby SFI » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 am

About the taint, someone corrected me. Tainted are sllowed post-timeskip. Sorry

I think our characters could bond quite well though. Both are disappointments to their mothers. Maybe we can have them meet when you get the okay?
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Mach2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:51 am

That'd be excellent. :D
Mach2
Nether Seed

Postby Alric » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Mach2:

Refused.

The character's background clashes with the setting in several ways.

First, the Quar'vyrhyss can't be a Val clan. I'd recommend changing them from a nomadic clan to a minor clan or religious cult in Vloz'ress territory. Since they're nether summoners who also claim to worship Sharess (likely due to a corruption of history), they'd be shunned by pretty much everyone and be a prime target for the Kyorl'solenurn for a variety of reasons. Your character can travel to Val'Raveran for her own reasons.

Change these aspects and submit again, please!
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Mach2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Okay, I'll make edits hopefully tonight. Sorry about that. >.<

Thanks for pointing out what needs to change.

EDIT: Finally got the wifi set up at my apartment. Sheet is edited. :)
Mach2
Nether Seed

Postby Alric » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Mach2:

Your character is now approved, have fun!
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pyra » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

((Made the requested edit))

Name: Ryla’Narain

Sex: Female

Weapons: Ryla does not own any weapons, unless you count her medical tools as potential weapons because some of them are sharp. She has had no weapon training whatsoever.

Armor: Ryla owns no armor.

Magic: Ryla is an empath healer. The only training she ever got was focused solely on medicine, healing and herbalism. Thanks to this pure dedication to the skill she is an above average healer, but nothing spectacular.
Ryla can:
• Sense other people’s pain and ailments with her empathy.
• Use her empathy to calm patients and alleviate some of their pain.
• Speed up the body’s natural healing mechanisms by a little.
• Form decent shields
• She has a knack of sensing injured or sick individuals among a thousand from their aura, but she isn’t good at finding just anyone if that person is healthy.
Ryla can’t:
• Manipulate others with her empathy.
• Use her empathy to cause harm.

Equipment:
In her blue spider-silk bag she might carry any of these items that belong to her (she would not be able to carry them all at once and alternates depending on the reasons why she went out, what patient she needs to see etc):
• Personal Patient Log
• A quill made from a spider’s leg and a mineral based ink in a stubby bottle
• Twenty two small spider silk satchels filled with various healing herbs and minerals
• Seven small bottles filled with healing potions and medicines
• A flask of water
• A stone vase filled with fat for salves
• A roll of bandages made from recycled spider silk
• Tools: Scalpels, Bone Saw, Needles, tongs, primitive clamps, small spatula
• Very fine string made out of animal guts, for stitching up wounds
• Her money which amounts to 20 ada at this time
• A symbol of Sharess
She wears the key to her room on a silver chain around her neck, hidden inside her robe.

Clothing:
She will be seen wearing one of these three outfits:
• Official Sullisin’rune robe. This is her best attire, made of spidersilk and with three layers. It is revealing around the shoulders, breast and stomach area. The colors of it are blue, purples, white and gold. She wears a cheap gemstone on her neck with this robe.
• Healer’s attire. This is a grayish blue robe that fully covers her body and has a hood and cloth mask she can pull up when she needs protection from infection or stench.
• Simple everyday dress. This is a grayish blue dress, with silver embroidery around the neck area, her sleeves and the skirts edge. A silver sash goes with this outfit.
She owns a set of sandals and a set of boots. She often wears blue gloves to avoid straight contact with other people’s skins when it is not needed. Ryla owns a heavy blue cloak that has a hood and a silver brooch to hold it in place.

Clan: Val’Sullisin’rune

Back ground:
Ryla’Narain was born to a healer of the Val’Sullisin’rune clan in Chel. Her mother was a capable healer, but had no ties to nobility whatsoever and has worked only on servants, grunts and lowborn Val’Sullisin’runes. Her father was a nurse and just an occasional lover of her mother among many.
Like many of her mother’s children, Ryla too had the skill of empathy. From a very young age it was decided that she, like her mother would be a healer for the clan. The moment she was able to walk she had to follow healers around the infirmaries and watch their work.
As an empath, being around the sick and wounded all the time was a form of torture when she was young and untrained. She spent many agonizing nights trying to get the pain and distress of others out of her mind. Like many empath children in her situation she was often at the brink of madness, either in a state of depression or aggressive mania. Her best way to control her rampant emotions was to cuddle with her favorite stuffed spider toy when she was alone in her room and to memorize herbal medicine recipes.
This torturous time of her life left her with weariness towards extremely emotional responses and people. She learned to love serenity, stability and cold logic.
When she was seven, she was assigned to a mentor, a female drow named Liana’farel. With the help of her cold, yet responsible mentor, Ryla was able to overcome her empathy sensitivity and control her ability to focus on the ailments of others. She was taught to be able to detect sickness from afar and sense where each patient hurt.
All her mornings were spent in the infirmary, while she spent her evenings usually studying with others in the libraries of her clan. Seeing how tough the lives of her patients were, she was grateful she had such a “safe” occupation.
She grew to be very scholarly and responsible, like most of the children around her, because it was either that or failure and to become a simple servant.
The years passed with little to nothing eventful ever happening to her personally. She learned about battles and wars from her soldier patients and the life in Chel from the servants in need of her services. She only rarely visited the city together with other clan members during festivals, but she often attended the many parties her clan was throwing, when people of her status were allowed to attend.
When she reached the age of 50, her clan decided to send a few members away to Val’Raveran to strengthen their place in the city. One of the many who were asked to leave was Ryla. She was in total shock and felt utter terror at the thought of leaving the safety of her clan’s grounds in Chel.
Nonetheless, she had no saying in the matter and was sent to Val’Raveran to continue her practical training there, to get familiar with new diseases and herbs indigenous to that city. She traveled with a group of her clans-people and the journey was quite safe and only a few guards died during the long treck.
She lives in the Val’Sullisin’rune fortress and serves there mainly as a healer and part-time researcher. She’s been there for 8 years and has made a humble name for herself as a healer in the city. Ryla doesn’t mind offering her skills to those of other clans (or clanless) as long as her clan doesn’t straight out forbid it and there is payment involved.

Description: Ryla’narai has dark gray skin. Her eyes give her the appearance of being constantly sad because of their low outer corners. Her most impressive features are her ample bosom and very long hair. Her hands are quite callused from constant medicine making and healing. She usually wears her hair firmly tied into two braids, with blue ribbons covering them. She twists the two braids in a pretzel shape on the back of her head and lets the rest of the braids hang down.
Here is how I picture her http://turqoisetortoise.deviantart.com/ ... -479695119

Height: Slightly above average

Weight: She’s curvy and slim

Eye Color: Amber

Hair Color: Very light blue, almost white

Personality: Ryla is a very collected, calm and reasonable person. She avoids any kind of danger like the plague. She loves long, calm conversations, old friendships and being of medical assistance to others. Being a healer is more than an occupation to her; it is her whole being and determines her character and actions.
She is loyal to her clan, but would not go to the length of putting herself in danger or die for it. She has no particularly strong dislike towards any clan, but is weary of tainted individuals and anything demonic. She always expects some kind of compensation for her work and would not even think of helping someone for free.
She highly dislikes dirt, vermin, needless touching and old food.
She loves celebrations (even though she doesn’t often actively participate), delicious food and non-fiction books. She also has a particular weakness for long-haired men and the color blue.
Last edited by Pyra on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyra
Tainted

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Alric » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:00 am

Pyra:

Refused. You can't have a character with both blood sorcery and empathy, choose one and edit the character sheet accordingly to be approved.

EDIT: Since you've made the edits as requested, your character is now approved for play. Have fun!
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pyra » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:22 am

I fixed my post and made her just an empath. I didn't know she could not be both and it is a mistake I won't do again :)
Pyra
Tainted

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Metzger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:08 am

Name: Jarek Tand
Clan: none
Race: Halme
Magic: none.

Appearance
:
Height: 187 cm tall
built: Muscular
Other: has some minor facial scars
Eye colour: grey
Hair: dark brown hair, kept short, tries his best to be well shaved.

Armour: Hauberk and a nasal helmet
Weapon: Sword and round shield as main weapons, a small dagger carried in his belt as an emergency weapon

Equipment:
On self: Wool shirt and pants, leather belt, wool coif, leather boots, water flask, a Pouch with some "healing" (painkillers actually) herbs, dried meat, a couple of slices of dried bread, a shaving knife, wooden spoon, a wooden cup and 12 ada
Carried in backpack: sleeping roll, 4 meters of rope, flint and fire steel, spare wool shirt and pants

Background: Jarek was born the second child out of three, his father was a merchant and was away from home a lot, but his mother took care of Jarek and his younger sibling.
The city Jarek called home was the thriving city-state of Haltonreibe, and every back alley or street became a playground for Jarek and his friends when they were young.
Jareks father made sure to give Jarek and his siblings a proper education, and by the age of ten not only could he read but also write fairly well, while never the best student, his parents patience with him had effect.
At the age of 11 he was given a wooden sword and after practicing with it, Jarek decided there and then that he would become a great hero, just like one in the stories his mother used to tell him and his siblings.
The first step was simple weapons training, of course by the time he was done with his training, he was 18 and had dropped the illusion of becoming a great hero, and instead he aimed to earn some coin, the closest place for someone like him was the City Guard, so that's were he went.
Patrolling the streets and back alleys was mostly easy money, at worst he had to handle drunken drow or other drunken visitors to the city.
After some years of fighting drunkards and pick-pockets, Jarek felt that it was time to quit his job and try mercenary work, so he asked his brother for money, his older brother had by now become a successful merchant himself, just like their father.
Jarek had ended up spending most of his own money on ale and visits at various brothels.
Jareks brother lent him some money for Equipment, in exchange Jarek had to guard his brother wagon when he was traveling, this arrangement was something Jarek could live with.
Guarding his brothers wagon was mostly easy work, the trade route was like this: metal works from Haltonreibe and sell some of them to farmers in exchange for vegetables, then head over to various costal villages to sell the vegetables and buy a couple barrels of fish, and so on.
Three years working for his brother was enough to pay his debt, so now Jarek was a sword for hire for real, but most people in need of mercenaries preferred to hire entire companies at a time, but he often ended up hired by various merchants, that preferred to pay only for one mercenary.
One merchant was heading toward the drow controlled area in order to get a better price for her wares, why the drow would be willing to buy cheap wool clothes and leather works was a question Jarek didn't ask, he liked payment instead of an angry client and an answer he most likely wouldn't understand.
The road was long, but mostly eventless, the most Jarek had to deal with, was
the angry shouts from other merchants and mercenaries that believed that Jareks contract cheated during their game of dice.
It turned out that the contract wanted to sell her ware in the city of Raveran, underground, Jarek that had taken the contract with the belief that they would go to some drow surface market, became somewhat worried, but the merchant insisted that the best price for her wares was in Raveran and if he didn't want to head in to the caves, then the contract would be void and there would be no payment, Jarek decided to follow her into the tunnels underground.
Due to the relative easy time of getting to Raveran, Jareks contract decided that she most likely could make the road home herself, and cancelled Jareks contract anyway, by giving him only some drow coins; a third of the sum they had agreed upon before, they parted ways, the merchant with a friendly smile and Jarek with curses and threats of violence for her "insult" towards him.
Jarek is currently stranded in Raveran, with little money and no previous knowledge about the city, Jarek is out hunting the streets for the most elusive game in a drow city- an employer willing to hire a lone halme sell-sword.

Description: Jarek is a merchants son, and despite choosing another occupation, the lessons his father(and mother) teached him has helped him.
Jarek knows how to read and write (in Haltonreibe human language) but he also learned to speak drow language, he isn't exactly skilled in it, but he is skilled enough to make himself seem more stupid if the situation calls for it.
His fighting style is very "mechanical", stiff movements followed by sudden bursts of speed in order to bypass the opponents defence while still keeping his own shield up.
Time zone: UTC +01.00, will most likely post a few times a week, if not every day
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Altruis » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Here's mine

Name: Koryu'lnalstar
Race: Drowussu
Sex: M
Height 2.12cm
Weight 125kg
Weapons: a long black blade
Magic: Metal Affinity
Other gear: a bag of supplies, and a short Templar dagger.
Clan: None

Appearance: Koryu'lnalstar a slender young man and have a small body with white skin tone, taint eyes and a long braided white hair. He has a large scar on the right side of his taint eye's. He wear's a black armor with white cape and black gauntlet, a pair of black long pants and a white scabbard with the kyorl symbol on it, in his right side.

Personality: From outside, he looks like a cold-blooded killer that can kill every single men without mercy, but in reality he is a kind-hearted man and always avoid to kill innocence people. He is very vindictive, to another kyorl's and mostly other Templar's.He is shown to have a free-wheeling personality, will always try to assist those in need, even if it puts him in a vulnerable position. He is shown to be unwilling to hurt those who stand in his way if they are innocent or righteous, but he will do so, while begging them to forgive him, if all other options are exhausted. He is completely ruthless however when dealing with those who have clearly sinned, as he has never hesitated to kill those who have commit a crime. he also develop a dark sense of humor relating to cutting-related puns when he got the time for a joke.

Back ground: He use to be a Templar in training who was skilled on swordsmanship, Koryu'lnalstar was born by a drowussu woman and a swordman templar, from young age Koryu'lnalstar was shown sight's of good swordmanship his father started to teach him the way of the sword and how to use it to protect those in need also how to use his metal affinity to boost up his swordskill. With practice comes strength and so Koryu'lnalstar became a skilled Templar serving his order and honoring the name of his father in every act. After year's Koryu'lnalstar decided to duel his own father in an honoring battle in front of all the eye's of the order father and son dueled each other the fight was long and both son and father wasn't sawing any sight of exhaustion or holding back until in a split second Koryu'lnalstar stabbed accidentally his father in his heart, shocked he toss his sword away and hold his father in his arm's with tear's in his eye's he begged his father to forgive him, his father only replied that he was proud that he make such a strong son, he give him his blessing and ask him to find a reason to fight for his order and so he passed out. Koryu'lnalstar took his father sword and realize that his sword can also kill even those who is swore to protect and love and so he remained under his father order waiting his time to kill for his order growing a will of his own.
Last edited by Altruis on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Altruis
Summoner

Postby Alric » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Pyra:

Your character has been approved, have fun!

Metzger:

Your character has been approved, nice to see a well done non-drow character these days.

Altruis:

Refused. Keep in mind renegade Kyorls, tainted or not, are heavily restricted. The part about him going around dispensing justice as a tainted ex-templar is particularly egregious. To be honest the whole background with his father getting killed almost sounds like its from a poor melodrama (not that dead parents are necessarily a bad motivation, however). I'd remove the part about him leaving his order to hunt down the summoner responsible; Kyorl Templars as a rule exterminate nether summoners so he could stay with his order and find nether summoners.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Altruis » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:09 pm

i changed his background story
Altruis
Summoner

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 pm

(Bringing back a character that was previously accepted in Registration thread v2.0, with background update tacked on to bring him up to the present.)

Name: Triahr Elvi'rah Kyorl'solenurn

Race: Drowussu

Equipment: The entirety of his head and face(except his mouth and chin) is wrapped in black spider silk that covers his skin but does little more. His neck is made modest by a smooth ring of brass while his waist is wrapped with a white spider silk skirt that just barely drags along the ground. His feet are clad in sandals and he has a single ada sewn into the top of the hem for emergencies. When out and about he carries a pack slung by his left side on a strap that loops up over his right shoulder.
-His clothes.
-A brass choker for modesty.
-A side-slung pack with preserved smoked fish, smoked mushrooms, three dried apricots, and a small knife suitable for eating with.
-A wallet with two lonely ada.

Magic:
-Empathy: Though a fairly strong empath, and experienced in use of his abilities, Triahr is exceedingly sensitive to violent emotions and often suffers from mental breakdowns when near such emotions. For all intents and purposes, he is little more than a healer.
-Mana Arts: Appropriate to his age.

Beginning city: Val'Raveran

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Background: Though much of the previous century had been a turbulent and disruptive time for the Kyorl'solenurn as it united the other drowussu families, by the time Triahr was born in 699 most of the chaos had settled into a rigorous faith that was the perfect environment for the growing child of a proud drowussu family. Though his parents were originally from another family, they had voluntarily joined the Kyorl'solenurn shortly before the year 600. They were not worshipers of Sharess naturally, but they paid her the appropriate lip service upon joining the fanatical drowussu, and few questions were asked because of the family's rare bloodline.

Unfortunately, the family had suffered hard times during the 6th century of the Moonless Age and only Triahr's parents and his mother's mother were left. However, they were a highly valuable addition to the Kyorls because all three were accomplished empaths. Though their environment growing up had hardly been the best and most helpful for growing empaths, the collective familial support from so many who had gone through the same thing helped to keep them fairly stable.

Shortly after the complete absorption of all other drowussu families and clans into the Kyorl'solenurn, Triahr's grandmother finally went mad with one volatile experience too many and had to be killed after the empathic blowback of her screaming mental state crippled a Warden and two commoners during a routine patrol. It is suspected that a small nether gate opening was the reason for her final madness, but the gate was never found and those suspicions never confirmed.

Unfortunately, her death at the hands of a Templar of the order left both of Triahr's parents distrustful of their supposed protectors. Withdrawing from active missions, they both focused more on reeducation and the inner purity of the clan. This kept them fairly stable, and provided an excellent environment for their child who was born nearly a century later. By this time both the father, K'vin Elvi'rah Kyorl'solenurn, and the mother, Kym Elvi'rah Kyorl'solenurn, were over two centuries old and convinced that they were unable to conceive children.

As an only child, despite his male status, Triahr receiving a good deal of attention from parents who had no other living family. Though not Vals, Triahr's family lived fairly well, and a good portion of their resources went to providing him with an idyllic childhood. As befitting a child of the Elvi'rah family line, Triahr's empath abilities began manifesting at a very young age. Though it was impossible to determine the exact age the powers first started manifesting because the young drowussu's ability to speak was still undeveloped when he first showed signs of being able to give and receive emotional information.

Naturally this made his parents very proud, and they both worked hard to make sure he had the very safest of emotional environments and trained him personally in the use of his powers. They were both fairly stable mentally, and were able to act out their roles normally. Despite or because of all this, they were highly overprotective and would regularly restrict him from playing with other children if they felt things were going to get dangerous emotionally.

So it was that he set off for proper schooling at the age of ten as a spoiled, socially isolated, gifted empath. Perhaps it goes without saying that the following year was one of harsh shocks and brutal wake up calls, but also a bit of a blooming. He was more than gifted, he was an empath with abilities just short of genius. The head of his class in all things mental, and with an agility and adroitness befitting a swordsman, he was once more regularly used to getting what he wanted.

Nothing particularly exceptional happened during his time at school beyond his constant scholastic achievements. By the time he was done there he was more capable with his empathic gift than most experienced adults and was highly regarded by his classmates. Normally the natural gift and peer worship he received would have combined with his parents spoiling him to make him insufferable at a young age, but he was politically gifted as well and was exceptionally good at telling people what they wanted to hear. This made him as popular as a drowussu can get among his peers.

What Triahr did not have was the typical reverence for Sharess that one would find so commonly amongst Kyorl empaths, and it was even more unusual for an Inquisitor, and one expected to do great things. Oh, he paid lip service to her, but ultimately his view of her was purely historical, and not religious. He inherited this view from his parents and their pre-Kyorl belief system.

As he grew into adulthood, he became a stunningly attractive individual, with flawlessly pale gray skin and a smoothly muscled dancer's body. Also, his powers as an empath made him exceptionally good in bed. These combined with his good standing and powerful abilities to make him a very attractive breeding option. Of course, drowussu tend to partner up for short times, rather than randomly couple up as is the wont of drowolath, but Triahr had absolutely no compunctions about using his empathic abilities to work those he wanted.

He was subtle about it, and tended to stay with a partner for as much as half a year, so he was never caught outright, though some must have had their suspicions. None of these couplings led to children, and they always ended peacefully enough that Triahr left behind no grudges. Still, his near-genius ability to manipulate the emotions of others left him free of the one consequence that would often stop empaths from tampering too much with others: the pain of their hurt. He left his marks feeling fine and that allowed him to live with his own conscience.

Shortly after he got out of school, the Sarghress were recognized as a legitimate clan, but this had little effect on his life beyond a purely academic interest and a general but temporary shift in the web of emotions that surrounded him. Personally he approved of Quaintana's move and found it to be very similar to the absorption of drowussu clans by the Kyorl.

A little more than a century after his birth, Triahr watched with mild interest as the religion of Sharess crumbled and fell apart. The Kyorl remained virtually untouched and since it bore no religious weight with him, the gifted Inquisitor kept his nose out of it. That is, until the patrol that his mother had been part of turned up dead. Triahr and K'vin were both absolutely crushed by her loss, but K'vin got over it faster. K'vin mourned the passing of Kym, and then moved on with his life. This was partly symptomatic of a slight break with reality he had suffered not long ago, and ever since he'd had a difficult time remembering anything from more than a year before.

Triahr himself was more damaged by the loss, and secluded himself from social contact. Of course, he still performed his duties as was required of him, but for years afterward he kept to himself and tried especially hard to avoid contact with other empaths. Still, even mental scars only last for so long, and five years later he was back to his old self. His relationship with his father became slightly closer and they spent more time together, Triahr giving up his old tendency towards being as much of a party animal as drowussu society allows.

Mistrustful of the chaotic emotions of drowolath, he had always preferred to stay cloistered within the Kyorl stronghold, but after his mother's death he became practically xenophobic of all dark-skinned drow. Without the Sharess based fanaticism against tainted, his dislike for those who murdered his mother became a racism that brought an acidic taste to his mouth every time he saw a darkskin.

Still, he had a tight reign on himself and never so much as struck a drowolath in anger. Something of note, and perhaps a bit strange, he also never emotionally manipulated drowolath except when directed by his superiors. At this point he'd lived long enough and nothing too chaotic happened, so he settled into a comfortable routine. Work, play, hang with his father. All without incident through the birth of the Nal'sarkoth, the formation of the Jaal'darya, and even the beginning of the netherworld cults.

Eventually his father, who hadn't had the benefit of the comfortable environment that Triahr enjoyed, finally broke completely. By this time Triahr was over three hundred years old and hardly a child, but he had grown close to his father, and watching him break down into a gibbering heap wasn't easy on him. At this time he started to show his first signs of mental problems. Nothing severe, but the complete isolation he had built for himself by portraying himself as a competent and aloof individual made him try and reach out to others in a way that was almost desperate. Triahr moved from being a confident, even arrogant, individual to being as needy as any drow his age had ever been.

This had a profound effect on Triahr, whose powerful presence had become a shell of its former self. Still the immensely powerful empath that he had always been, his mental collapse made him unfit for any kind of leadership role and he became little more than a watchdog to point out tainted and the corrupt. Regularly shepherded by a Warden who told him what to do and when, his lack of initiative made him unusable for high risk missions. Self contained and quiet, he couldn't be counted on to relay important information, though if pointed in the right direction he was a potent tool.

In his ordinary life, the Inquisitor was fairly normal, if weaker in will than most drow, and certainly weaker that anyone of his age had a right to be. It was his empathic ability that caused the most problems, as he rarely sought to use it for reasons unknown even to himself. Of course, there were parts of it he couldn't switch off. Being such a powerful and experienced empath, he still constantly felt the emotions of those around him and sought to ease the pain of those who suffered mentally and physically.

During this time his healing ability truly took on life, while his other abilities shrank under his neglect. This worked fine with his superiors however, as they deemed him unfit for combat and only sent him out on low-risk patrols. The birth of the Nidraa'chal was almost a non-event to the self-contained Inquisitor, though he did spend more time cleansing the corrupt than healing.

Of course, even a nobody like Triahr couldn't go uneffected by the Nidraa'chal war. Even an Inquisitor deemed to be too weak for direct combat was pressed into battle once the Kyorl got involved. The empath's first battle was also to be his last, as a Nidraa'chal summoner and her minions crushed his small scouting party and took him captive. Of course, this didn't seem to be normal to the confused Inquisitor, he had expected to be killed or tainted as he felt his comrades die. This nether summoner though was not entirely right in the mind, though whether from her tainting or a pre-existing madness the empath couldn't say as his mind was flooded with violent emotions strong enough to send a weaker empath gibbering into madness.

The war was mostly ended the day after his capture, but this particular summoner escaped that battle by simply not being there. She was too busy cutting small strips of flesh from Triahr and eating them. The pure, alien madness that came off of her as she slowly skinned the poor drowussu was a live current across the bare nerves of his mind and even the pain of his wounds seemed small by comparison.

Several days of this passed and the Inquisitor's throat was raw with screaming when something finally broke. All his carefully held control and training split under the gibbering of the tainted's mind and the sheer shock of such a powerful empath breaking sent out an emotional pulse that was enough to crush the already badly damaged mind of the Nidraa'chal drowolath. Interestingly enough, as soon as the madness was gone from his surroundings Triahr returned to normal. Better than normal, he was once again his strong and forceful self.

Not long later, with some small emotional suggestions from the Inquisitor, a patrol found him and freed him from his chains. But not until after they discovered the true damage to the empath. Though he appeared normal, the second one of the Templars directed an angry thought towards the Nidraa'chal, he went completely berserk. The drowussu empath's eyes rolled back into his head and the emotional pulse of anguish that shot out from him dropped the two Templars of the patrol to their knees and staggered the Warden.

His personality fractured into a healthy and barking mad duality by his torture, he responded to the slightest violent thought with a similar empathic pulse to the one that had killed the summoner, though none of his subsequent reactions were nearly so strong. Judged unfit for duty, he remained in a small and secluded room where his only task was to heal the injured and sick. Perhaps one of the better healer empaths under the Kyorl banner, he nonetheless remained completely useless to any violent pursuit and was even unable to cleanse the corrupt because of their violent nature.

A decade and a half after his mental fracturing, the Inquisitor was confronted by a corrupted who had temporarily escaped her captors within the stronghold. Though she was quickly recaptured without violent incident, Triahr fled the stronghold blinded by both his episodic madness and the resulting self-revulsion. When finally sanity returned to him he was abroad in the cavern of Chel'el'sussoloth and far from Kyorl-patrolled land. Perhaps he could have found his way home relatively quickly, but despite paying only lip service to Sharess, he was a devoted Kyorl and couldn't bear to return to being useless.

Determined to set himself right before returning home, he stayed out among the commoners. Carefully steering himself around those with angry dispositions, he would regularly expose himself to their emotions once he could find a safe place to hide. It is his belief that by coming into contact with these emotions in small doses that he can find a way to take control of his madness and return once more as a fully capable inquisitor.

Recently, after more than a decade of careful and fruitless exposure to the minds of the hostile and violent, Triahr has made his way to the city of Val'Raveran where he hopes that the relative lack of tainted will help calm his mind and rest his body. At first his appearance among the Kyorl was treated with suspicion and even outright hostility given the recent events in the city, but some probing questions and checking of documents proved that he was indeed the half-mad Inquisitor who had been thought lost decades ago when he vanished from the compound in Chel'el'sussoloth.

Though technically still a Kyorl'solenurn, he is regarded as a broken Inquisitor by some, and as a possible traitor until proven otherwise by many more among his own people. By dint of his age and experience he has been granted a small room to stay in and a small stipend to reflect the limited and well-watched duties he is permitted to perform, but those who do not think him useless consider him a hazard to be avoided or removed if possible.

Description: Of medium height and slight build, Triahr stands 6' and 9" tall and weighs 195 lbs. Though not particularly muscular, he is not entirely unhealthy either, and sports a musculature that is slightly defined only because of the complete lack of fat on his frame. His chest, stomach, back, and arms are ragged with more scars than are countable, and each one blends into the others. These scars are remnants of an insane nether summoner stripping the skin from his body slowly over the course of days. Though his face is rarely visible, it is finely boned and effeminate. And, unusually, he is completely bald. His eyes are a deep purple and seem exceedingly shallow, like those of a drow many times younger than he.

Personality: Tempered by his recent failures, Triahr is generally calm and considering but still doesn't like to take no for an answer and will use his empathy to give him clues on how to manipulate others. Centuries of practice have made him a consummate politician and his pokerface is flawless even when visible. However, when in close proximity to violent emotions, or if he specifically seeks to read violent emotions from a far off person, he goes raving mad and may act violent or fearful, but has the mentality of a small child.

Time Zone/Activity: GMT-8, I'm on all the bloody time.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay