Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread)

Re: Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread)

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Here are the unedited submissions from the fanart and fanfiction forum:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16692

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16464

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16611
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Improbable odds » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:09 pm

With all of this information I think I'm gonna have a handful with updating my profiles, but I think this is really going to be worth it! This will all make for a great story.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Thalar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:40 pm

The three clans will see some edits; once the edits are done they will be posted in the fulltext thread, with a summary of each in the Raveran 1114 thread :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
Deme'dichi sounds quite a bit like "de Midici ." This Clan is now Italian.

Since they were based very heavily on the Medici family of the Italian Renaissance, I think they were always Italian.

Also known as the villains from Assassin's Creed 2.

Pretty much, although de'Medici were your allies in AC2. The Borgia were your enemies in AC2 and AC:Bros.

BUT ANYWAY.

We're allowed to start making characters for any of the posted clans, official and non-official, yeah? Or would you (Thalar) prefer we hold off until you've got all the worldsetting info up?

Additionally, the chart presented in Setting Page is inconsistent vertically. Clans that one group is good with show up as neutral or bad, and vice versa, when read in column fashion rather than row fashion. Instructions, or a reworking of the chart, should be posted in order to ensure accurate character creation.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thalar » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:41 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:We're allowed to start making characters for any of the posted clans, official and non-official, yeah? Or would you (Thalar) prefer we hold off until you've got all the worldsetting info up?

It'd probably best to wait for the setting thread to be complete, but you could create characters for the 'standard' clans - I'd advise holding off on creating an Ailee'khevlani, Aqrab'akkar, Deme'dichi, Qin'dalasque or Vir'reska until the thread is complete, as they are due some changes.

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Additionally, the chart presented in Setting Page is inconsistent vertically. Clans that one group is good with show up as neutral or bad, and vice versa, when read in column fashion rather than row fashion. Instructions, or a reworking of the chart, should be posted in order to ensure accurate character creation.

It's not meant to be 'consistent'. If you look at the top, you'll see that the first column lists "clans" and then each row lists "clan views on". And just because one clan views another positively does not mean that other clan views them in the same light. If you have a suggestion on how to make that more visible/clear, please don't hesitate to say so :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Ah, well, in that case, I'd recommend noting as a caption that the X and Y axes mean completely separate things. This is just to make sure that it's clear. While it's true that taking a little more time to read would work, it's just generally helpful to add that little caption in case someone's really tired or something.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:54 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Ah, well, in that case, I'd recommend noting as a caption that the X and Y axes mean completely separate things. This is just to make sure that it's clear. While it's true that taking a little more time to read would work, it's just generally helpful to add that little caption in case someone's really tired or something.

I've added an explanation to it, does it make more sense? :)

Also, Fall of the Qin'dalasque and Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions are up, Council of Tears.. almost done. Debating whether to end it where I'm writing right now. Sent a PM to Pitdragon about her event, which could fit very well right there with a few changes.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Luzahn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Is there any way to view the three clans cut off by the chart? Or was it uploaded like that?
Luzahn
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Thalar wrote:
DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Ah, well, in that case, I'd recommend noting as a caption that the X and Y axes mean completely separate things. This is just to make sure that it's clear. While it's true that taking a little more time to read would work, it's just generally helpful to add that little caption in case someone's really tired or something.

I've added an explanation to it, does it make more sense? :)

Also, Fall of the Qin'dalasque and Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions are up, Council of Tears.. almost done. Debating whether to end it where I'm writing right now. Sent a PM to Pitdragon about her event, which could fit very well right there with a few changes.

More clear now, thanks!

Any information on when the edited clan profiles will be up?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Luzahn wrote:Is there any way to view the three clans cut off by the chart? Or was it uploaded like that?

The image gets cut off by the forum. Right click the image and choose View Image (or whatever similar option your browser offers) or open it in a new window, or even download it to see all of it.
I'm kinda hoping someone will bravely offer to prettify it ( *blush* ), but if not I'll see if I can find a better way to display it, once everything else is up.

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Any information on when the edited clan profiles will be up?

Once I'm done with the events and locations, I will give each clan a brief summary, so characters can be made, after that the fulltext edits.. not sure how long it will take me. Will try to post an ETA once I have a better idea of the time needed.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Oh.

Crap, my entry is really really long, isn't it. Do you want me to help you in any way, since I have access to the non-PDF version?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Crap, my entry is really really long, isn't it. Do you want me to help you in any way, since I have access to the non-PDF version?

Once I have a proper overview of the time needed I will send you a PM, same goes for the others :) The summaries will be just like for the canon clans, and with links to the edited fulltexts once they are up.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm

*nods* Cool, I'll await your PM then.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:26 pm

I just wanted to come in and show my excitement that progress is being made and my support for this awesome project. :D
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thalar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Oh.

Crap, my entry is really really long, isn't it. Do you want me to help you in any way, since I have access to the non-PDF version?

I've gotten a better overview of the time needed and; YES. I've been hoping to be able to complete this on my own but I've come to the conclusion that I can't. So I'm rounding y'all up by PM as soon as possible. ^^
Thalar
Melon Berserker

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay