Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread)

Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread)

Postby Thalar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Post your feedback here! The main thread will be updated with irregular intervals until it's all done.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread

Postby Anna Sachae » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 pm

'lath-'ssu half-breed Ver'drowendar Xulie'soren Ne'kalsaider go! Offend ALL the Kyrols! :P

There are about four billion Clans here. This isn't a bad thing. It's just going to take some time for newbies to get involved (speaking from a prospective newbie's perspective). Setting is extremely hostile to tainted, but that's to be expected when both Kyorls AND Duskians set up shop. As long as they're not entirely unplayable, something can always be worked out.

Is the important events list going to be updated with a summary of events, or at least a link to where they can be found? That would make it a bit more approachable, and make it easier to create characters that are valid within the setting.

Deme'dichi sounds quite a bit like "de Midici ." This Clan is now Italian.
Anna Sachae
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Improbable odds » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh yes. I've been waiting for this for so long! My hopes and dreams are finally coming true!
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Thalar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Anna Sachae wrote:There are about four billion Clans here. This isn't a bad thing. It's just going to take some time for newbies to get involved (speaking from a prospective newbie's perspective). Setting is extremely hostile to tainted, but that's to be expected when both Kyorls AND Duskians set up shop. As long as they're not entirely unplayable, something can always be worked out.

Since Raveran will be the only official setting, and partially due to the Kyorl'solenurn's own actions, it will be possible to survive as ver'drowendar in the city. The Kyorl only have themselves to thank :D

Anna Sachae wrote:Is the important events list going to be updated with a summary of events, or at least a link to where they can be found? That would make it a bit more approachable, and make it easier to create characters that are valid within the setting.

Yes, currently there is only a list of event titles, but the important events will feature summaries of what's been going on in Raveran :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Re: Setting: Raveran year 1114 (feedback thread)

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:22 pm

I like the clan relation chart....I have to admit the first thing I did was check what my clan's relations were.

While I deliberately didn't include a clan relations chart because I wasn't sure how events over the time skip would change clan attitudes and outlooks...and I thought it might have a better chance of winning if it was more flexible that way.

However, I admit I had ideas in mind...and the existing chart actually matches up with those ideas very nicely. Mostly neutral with everyone, had some clashes with the Kyrol, and has bad feelings with the Sarghress and Vir'reska - which I thought of as the result of competition over similar job markets.

So, awesome!

That said....I also pictured my clan has having good relations with some of the more mercantile clans, since they would be the ones the Aqrab would work for, get loans from, and sell their goods to. In particular, I originally planned on the Aqrab having good relations with the Qin, with a lot of the younger members, including their war leader, spending their free time in Qin establishments and wearing Qin fashions.

I am also curious about the fact that the relations between the same two clans can be different depending on where in the square they are. Is that deliberate, as in "the Aqrab have nothing against the Illhardo, but the Illhardo don't trust a bunch of ex-Black Sun" for example?

Interesting to see the races available to play...is there going o be some new info on the Noz, because I am pretty curious about them.

The Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions and Council of Tears sound very interesting, I can't wait to see them.
I have to wonder if the reason for the Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions has anything to do with how many clan entries had bad relations with Kyrol. :P

So good job, and thanks again for all the hard work!
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Anna Sachae » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:Interesting to see the races available to play...is there going o be some new info on the Noz, because I am pretty curious about them.

This confused me, too. Helliza Noz? :S
Anna Sachae
Tainted

Postby Thalar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:That said....I also pictured my clan has having good relations with some of the more mercantile clans, since they would be the ones the Aqrab would work for, get loans from, and sell their goods to. In particular, I originally planned on the Aqrab having good relations with the Qin, with a lot of the younger members, including their war leader, spending their free time in Qin establishments and wearing Qin fashions.

I'm glad they match pretty well with what you had in mind! I can set their Qin relations to Friendly, then, and you can evaluate once the Events are all in place whether that relation may have deteriorated to Favorable. :)

Junglefowl26 wrote:I am also curious about the fact that the relations between the same two clans can be different depending on where in the square they are. Is that deliberate, as in "the Aqrab have nothing against the Illhardo, but the Illhardo don't trust a bunch of ex-Black Sun" for example?

That's exactly it ^^

Noz is a type of orc, there isn't a lot of information around on orcs in general, but I think we can make them work.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

...We're going to have a lot to study, with the new clans and whatnot...

I take it that wendars are around, they just tend to stick to shadows/ stay out of sight, but nobody that isn't actively searching for them reacts that harsh anymore.(?)
Not like they have to stay in the sewer just because every citizen would shout "look, tainted! get kyorls/dusks!"
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Junglefowl26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Deme'dichi sounds quite a bit like "de Midici ." This Clan is now Italian.

Since they were based very heavily on the Medici family of the Italian Renaissance, I think they were always Italian.

Also known as the villains from Assassin's Creed 2.

This confused me, too. Helliza Noz?

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=2824
Officially they are orcs, but frankly, they look like bigger, meaner Ferals to me.

I'm glad they match pretty well with what you had in mind! I can set their Qin relations to Friendly, then, and you can evaluate once the Events are all in place whether that relation may have deteriorated to Favorable.

Awesome! Thank you. XD

hhhmmm.....I don't want to ask for more...but...might they have a favorable view of the Deme'dichi and the Aliee as well? I think it might make sense if the three new comers kind of helped each rise to in status, especially with the Arab working as hired muscle mostly.

That's exactly it

Ah. Makes sense.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Anna Sachae » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Junglefowl26 wrote:
This confused me, too. Helliza Noz?

http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/?p=2824
Officially they are orcs, but frankly, they look like bigger, meaner Ferals to me.

That was a Noz? I thought it was a Feral. Holy crap I want one. *eek*
Anna Sachae
Tainted

Postby HoneyBee » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:The Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions and Council of Tears sound very interesting, I can't wait to see them.
I have to wonder if the reason for the Kyorl'solenurn Transgressions has anything to do with how many clan entries had bad relations with Kyrol. :P

No really, only worse would it be if hostile to the remaining others. . .! o_O
Good god, not even a "favorable" !

. . .but it's comprehensible. =P

Anna Sachae wrote:'lath-'ssu half-breed Ver'drowendar Xulie'soren Ne'kalsaider go! Offend ALL the Kyrols!

*Sharpens knife*. . .
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thalar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

I've updated the thread with summaries for all the non-Ravenite clans. My intention with those summaries is simply to say what is different about the Raveran-versions of these clans from the Chel/Nuqrah-versions, so it's possible to create characters with those backgrounds using the canon information plus those summaries.

So, for any non-Ravenite clan listed, is there any information you feel is missing? Any questions you might have when making a character belonging to any of those clans, which can't be answered by the canon knowledge (wiki, moonless age) or the summaries?

Before you answer; I can't go into extreme detail for each clan at this point. And the more detailed information exists, the less freedom we have. So keep the questions, if you have them, general and about major topics rather than minor ones. :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 pm

...Yeah, after a week of checking, I think I found out a little bit of an idea that might help.
Links to the description of Nuqrahn-based clans (even if it is only one to the "front page" of the clans). This would greatly help people to easily grasp information, instead of going through all the problems of searching it manually... (yes, this is meant to make it easier for new people)

And on other note, I'm bit curious on current estimate of how things are going. Not saying anyone has to give dates and names, but well... I'm just a curious person who wants to have broad idea of what's happening.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 am

Good idea on the links, I'll add those for all of the clans that have pages. :)

As for a time estimate, next on my list is character upgrade rules (ie how to timeskip your existing character), setting up the forums and finishing the events and locations. Hoping to be able to do those on Monday, if not it'll be done during the week. Then next up are the three new player-made clans, plus updates to the two existing ones.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm

I can't seem to find where the descriptions of the winning/new clans are. [wiki? or a link im just not finding?] More for curiosity for me honestly since i have been away for a while and I have a bit to read to catch up on the dtrp setting/events, etc.

I'll get back to you too about clan relations for the Vir'reska. Not everyone is neutral or hostile according to the current version of the chart, although I would agree most clans are now. XD
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Roleplay