DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

Re: DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest!

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:35 am

My entry was sent in on time, and hopefully shall do well!

Good luck to all others! :D
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 am

Why I have so unsure feeling 'cause I sent my entry a month ago?

Anyway, now we shall just see what we get... Won't say anything that hopes stuff, 'cause I know that the best ones will be picked.
Instead, I hope good luck to Thalar for reading our stuff. I know it can be a burden sometimes to read +200 pages of text. ^^;
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:23 am

Oh God, I hope she doesn't toss mine immediately for being 20+ pages long...
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Kail'odian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Oh God, I hope she doesn't toss mine immediately for being 20+ pages long...

Twenty pages long?! *eek*
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 pm

That's DPG we're talking about. I'm surprised his entry is ONLY 20+ pages...
...Yeah, mine was only five pages and it was a clan for fer's sake...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:29 pm

I want everyone to win though. :c
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

True, as I think anyone wanting to participate in this actually put a lot of effort behind their works.
But sadly, they can't add everything we write up here... Or else there'd be more than 20 clans soon enough running around.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Crilltic » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 pm

I would be happy with any of the clans people wrote, i think everyone put a lot of thought and effort into their work, obviously I would be happiest with my clan, I mean I'm totally non-biased at all. But 20+ pages is insane, I only had about 4 pages
Crilltic
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Eltharrion wrote:True, as I think anyone wanting to participate in this actually put a lot of effort behind their works.
But sadly, they can't add everything we write up here... Or else there'd be more than 20 clans soon enough running around.

That would make for populating other Drow cities and minor clans in Chel really well though, if you think about it. *hmmm* But our ideas and Kern's ideas don't always run in parallel, so yeah.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Sionyx » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Well, my edited down version (and only because of the deadline!) comes in at 18 pages. There is SO much more I wanted to include, it's probably a good thing I only had time to hit the highlights.

Pitdragon wrote:
Eltharrion wrote:True, as I think anyone wanting to participate in this actually put a lot of effort behind their works.

That would make for populating other Drow cities and minor clans in Chel really well though, if you think about it. *hmmm* But our ideas and Kern's ideas don't always run in parallel, so yeah.

I left some deliberate vague areas in my clan backstory for Thalar and/or Kern to build off of. As long as they're not set in stone, other clan ideas can be modified to fit into the current world setting. You never know....
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 am

Well like I said, EVERYONE'S was really cool, so I've vowed to play at least one of the non-winning clans. Er, we CAN play as a non-official clan, right? As long as it's not grotesquely overpowered for the world setting and Thalar okays it?

On a separate note: How was everyone's writing experience? Did you approach this methodically or did it spring from an "Eureka! Moment"?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 am

Well, I was tossing around various ideas for a month or so, but then I just sat down one afternoon and just plowed through the entry. I find I work best just flowing from one idea to another.

And let me add into the chorus that all the entries were really great and any one would be a great addition to Raveran!

Er, we CAN play as a non-official clan, right?

I wouldn't think so, or else what is the point of having official clans.

Though...can one play a character who just recently came to the city from elsewhere? Or a clanless commoner? Hmmm....
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Sionyx » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 am

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:On a separate note: How was everyone's writing experience? Did you approach this methodically or did it spring from an "Eureka! Moment"?

Little from column A, little from column B. The contest started at one of the busiest times of year for me (I work in an American tax prep office), so I didn't have time for much thinking. So I took an old elven kingdom I came up with YEARS ago for an original AD&D world and used that as the ancestor nation on the surface, transferring important characters to the modern day underworld setting. The "Eureka! Moment" was when I finally got past the mental blocks keeping me constrained in the old setting, and then the changes just flowed.

Only problems with the method was that I had to change names, in case I ever want to use my original elven kingdom in a book, and the fact that if I ever find time to play the RPG here it'll be hard for me to play one of the Ailee'khevlani. Jey'andree's based on a character I RP'd for several years, she's a blast to play, and I'd SO want to play her again. I kinda doubt Thalar'd allow that.
Sionyx
Vel'akar

Postby Improbable odds » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 am

I wish I wasn't so sick. This damn TB takes so much out of me I hardly find enough willpower to focus my thoughts coherently anymore. Still, I'm positive all of your entries are fantastic in their own rights, and I wish you all luck. I look forward to seeing who comes out on top!
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby blackshade10 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 am

Last I checked, you could still make your own clan. The thing is, being an "official" clan, also kind of denotes your clan being more powerful and more influential.

There's lots of tiny clans. So, I've been led to believe you could make a tiny clan of 40~ people(random small number).
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay