DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest! (And results!)

Postby Thalar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm

It's that time again!
Contest time!

With the timeskip happening in the main comic, all other sections are expected to follow up in some manner.

For the DT rpg, this means the following:

• The post-timeskip setting will be Val'Raveran.
  • A new subforum will be opened for post-timeskip roleplay.
  • The old roleplays will be locked down and left as an archive.
  • Preexisting characters can be updated for the timeskip, following a short procedure which will be posted when we're closer to the timeskip happening.
  • Clans from Nuqrah'shareh will be available for play.
  • The timeskip is 15 years, from 1099 to 1114.

====

The timeskip contest will have three separate categories.
The deadline for all three categories is June 20th 2012, at 23:59 GMT+1.

Submit your shorter entries as PMs (Remember to clearly label the PM title!) and your longer entries as links to documents. And for the love of Sharess, use paragraphs. If I can't read your entry without getting a major headache, I will be forced to skip it.

Winning entries in each category will become canon for Val'Raveran.
It is required that all entries conform to the worldsetting as we know it.

In all categories, you must keep these facts in mind:

• The Illhar'dro, who had previously dominated Val'Raveran, left the city to its own devices 6-7 years ago. They have returned only in the last months, and not in great numbers.
  • The Kyorl'solenurn presence remains strong post-timeskip, though their numbers have lowered slightly over the years.
  • The Sarghress Highland Raider garrison is miniscule at this point, with virtually all their forces in Chel'el'Sussoloth.
  • The Sullisin'rune outpost remains active.
  • The Nuqrahn clans do not have permanent bases in Raveran, but members of these clans have followed the Illhar'dro back to the city.
  • The ban against tainted remains.
  • Native Raveran clans have become more active and outspoken.
  • Raveran's governing council still exists in some form.

It is also recommended to read this thread before beginning: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=11804

====

Clan Design
Val'Raveran has always been an Illhar'dro dominated city.. But in their absence, anything could happen. A large power vacuum was created when the Illhar'dro left, and it has only been exacerbated by the Sarghress' dwindling presence. Who has the will and the power to rise to this challenge?

For each entry: Write up and detail a single clan, from its chosen colors to its customs, approximate size and the personality of its Illhar. A clan symbol is required. How was the clan started? Why and how did it rise to power in the Illhar'dro absence (and why not before?).

Having a clan animal is not required.

You may not use art created by others for other purposes as part of your entry, not even for the clan's symbol: draw it yourself or request the aid of another, or provide a proper written description.

It is also possible to create a clan which has become extinct/defunct afterwards, rising to power and being thrown down again within one and a half decade.

Male-centric clans will automatically be invalidated. Sorry, guys 8P Entries without a submitted clan symbol will also be invalidated.

==

Locations
All the currently existing locations of Val'Raveran, as well as whatever you can think of, are available for you to change or invent.

For each entry: Describe a Val'Raveran location post-timeskip. If the location already existed, explain how it has changed in the last 15 years. If the location is new, this may be from either Raveran's territory being expanded, or you deciding a pre-existing part of Raveran should be elevated to its own location despite it not having been so before. For example in conjunction with creating a new clan; its chosen locale should be made into a playable location.

==

Events

Here's your chance to affect Val'Raveran's fate! What really happened during the last 15 years? Conflict has been rife everywhere.. did Raveran manage to stay a relatively peaceful place, or was it overcome with violence like the rest of the Underworld?

For each entry: Detail a single, specific event that occured in or around Raveran at some point during the last 15 years, which affected the city in some way.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: DT RPG: 2012 timeskip contest!

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 am

Point of inquiry:

For long entries, do you want them as, say, Google Docs open to reading, or do you want them as a post in the Fanfics/Fanart Forum?

Should we post our intent to enter in this thread?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thalar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 am

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:For long entries, do you want them as, say, Google Docs open to reading, or do you want them as a post in the Fanfics/Fanart Forum?

Either one works, though I'd prefer a Google Docs share if given the choice.

No need to post stating your intent, though I don't mind knowing there are some interested parties out there :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby blackshade10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 am

OMG

HOW DID I MISS THIS

MUST WRITE
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby La'karma » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Interesting, very interesting. I wonder, though, do you need to do all three parts?
Also is it possible that some how we could work together or get critiqued by others, cause that way we don't enter something that sounds absolutely ridiculous or is a repeat of someone else's ideas (don't want to look like a copycat). Not that we would share everything, but general things like general concepts, thoughts or possible ideas we have. Is it possible to open such a thread or would it be breaking all sorts of rules.
La'karma
Summoner

Postby Yulnaggoth » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 am

I wasn't aware that anyone still cared.
Game Tavern is completely dead, and DT RPG is just the same 3 people posting over and over again.
Yulnaggoth
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 pm

La'karma wrote:Interesting, very interesting. I wonder, though, do you need to do all three parts?

You can submit an entry for one of the three parts, or multiple entries for each of the three parts (just don't combine them into one!), whichever fits best. I imagine that an entry for clan design would be easy to follow with a location entry (clan base) and perhaps one or more events (clan's effect on Raveran) if one wishes to do so :)

Since there is no personal prize, I don't see any harm in collaborating or cooperating on entries, just make sure to give credit where credit is due. And naturally use your own original ideas, don't try to draw in stuff from other worldsettings or franchises etc :D

You can start a separate thread here in this forum to discuss ideas.

Yulnaggoth wrote:I wasn't aware that anyone still cared.

Well, now you know. :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Aerisa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 am

Can we have a chellian-based clan moving in or establishing a base in Raveran, or must they be Raveran born clans? =3
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am

Aerisa wrote:Can we have a chellian-based clan moving in or establishing a base in Raveran, or must they be Raveran born clans? =3

They would need a very good justification for moving to Raveran. And also take into account how they are splitting their members/forces (if they are still based in Chel), how their members view the move, and any internal conflicts that may be on the rise as a result of the distance between the two parts of the clan.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eltharrion » Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Hmm, now that deadline is drawing closer, I'm actually starting to get rather exited about this again. That, and I'm starting to wonder how many contestant entries we actually get when the time is over...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Mon May 21, 2012 6:57 am

Sign me up.

*Maria; the comeback tour, awyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed May 23, 2012 1:20 am

Note: I am actually done.

*throws hands in air*
*spins around*
*boogies*
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby blackshade10 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 am

I'd be done if work wasn't like "free time om nom nom" and then Diablo 3 was like "Oh, you're off work? Did I mention I ate your soul?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Eltharrion » Sat May 26, 2012 8:26 am

blackshade10 wrote:I'd be done if work wasn't like "free time om nom nom" and then Diablo 3 was like "Oh, you're off work? Did I mention I ate your soul?"
I know what ya mean, out here in Finland Diablo 3 has also caused "nation-wide stop of existing". Yeah, that means at least third of youngsters who are into video games have gone underground and nobody hears about them...
Myself? Never really liked Diablo *hides in the bunker for angry backslash*

Still, waiting patiently for the results. I'm just hoping I can actually read other people's ideas (yes, I'm planning to use them in other places as ideas for my paper RPGs. I admit it openly).
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 am

You boys are quick. *wutno* I'm still vomiting up ideas onto paper. :V
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Next

Return to Roleplay