A place for dead or inactive threads. May they rest in peace.

Registration thread: version 2.0

Re: Registration thread: version 2.0

Postby Reeds » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 am

no she doesn't.
Reeds
Tainted

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby blackshade10 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:01 am

Whips: The whips are located beneath the arm, and adjusted to front when he wears armor. More easily concealed- capable of being seen under certain circumstances(at least as an "odd shape" under the cloth).

Shadow: Same Gladiator from the Arena. She runs things more militarily so as to keep to the Matriarchal expectancy, while he assists under a more administrative duty.

Sword and Whip: Not at the exact same time, sorry for the confusion.

Oura Sabres: Run by Shadow and Elk, operated in the fashion mentioned above, the entire organization a subsidiary of the Cros'sin(and thus owned by the house.) The mercenaries follow a chain of command and their are lieutenants(or the drow equal) who go on the jobs and run things on field. The compound is in Val'Raveran, where the mercenaries stay and live. Lieutenants operate off a case by case basis for a job, following the rules set down from above. Rarely do Elk or Shadow actually look over a job before it's taken- the Lieutenants were trained to do so themselves. Shadow commands the Oura Sabres while Elk takes on an administrative, recruiter and liason role. In addition, the Oura Sabres allows PC's to join on request. :)
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Thalar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:42 am

blackshade10:
Thank you. You may now begin play.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby BladeDancer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:57 am

Name: Lyri’ielli Cros’sin Val’Sullisin’rune

Race: Drowolath

Equipment: 2 daggers, 2 scimitar swords, rope, basic first aid kit/meds, pouch of smoked dried meat, ball/toys, tiger cub.

Magic: Empathy

Beginning city: Val'Raveran

Clan: Val’Sullisin’rune

Background

My name is Lyri'ielli Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune. Lyri to my friends or at least those that mildly care for me. My mother is the sister of Aurora Val'Sullisin'Rune, the De'vess of the subhouse Cros'sin. I wanted for nothing in my youth. Everything I wanted was granted before I could even ask.

My mother had chosen my path before I even left for Orthorbbae. Before I was to leave, she took me down to the tiger pens. These creatures, so big and scary from afar were worse close up. I stood fearfully among them until I panicked. A great black male lashed out at me as my panic became his. I still bare the faint reminder across my hip to
never let my fear overcome my senses. This was the first sign I bore the power inherit to my clan.

Orthorbbae was a fascinating escape from the rich life of privilege I held in the home of my Clan. The mana arts thrilled me as I learned about my Empathy and how it could be used. I also learned just how double edged that gift was. My combat skills were superb in theory, but every time I faced an opponent, I faltered. I just couldn't withstand the pain I inflicted as it backlashed through my empathy. I could wield two swords with grace and persistence, but I lost battle after battle.

When I finished school at the age of forty, I returned to the Dome, back to the parties, riches and glamor that was the routine life of a Val of the clan. My mother had wanted me to become a Tiger Knight, but my born skills instead led me to other paths. As an Empath, I was delegated to other duties, such as calming down slaves, and managing duties.

My mother had been over-protective since my return from Orthorbbae. The backlashes from my Empathy worried her. I really didn't understand the harm that could befall me. I mean I couldn't go into battle with the solders and knights of the clan, but what really could harm me otherwise? One day I was just a little stir-crazy at home, so I snuck out, heading into Chel to do a little exploring. It wasn’t long that I, naïve and wealthy-looking, attracted the wrong sort of attention. Taking a wrong turn led to facing more thieves than I knew existed, all pulling daggers and demanding everything I had. I gave them what they wanted, but it didn't satisfy them. I screamed in terror as the knife slashed at my neck and I was pushed aside by something large and furry. Fangs baring down upon the thieves as the tiger answered my Empathic call. The guard, surprised when her mount had suddenly dashed off in a random direction, quickly took me home. I felt warm and protected in the feeling of the tiger's thoughts and all my fears of the beasts vanished.

There I immediately when to my mother. I knew what I wanted and made my request I wanted to train the tigers. She smiled slyly back. This was exactly what she wanted. She personally selected a blue tiger from a recent litter. She announced that this creature was now mine and I was solely responsible for him.

At these last words, Adin'mol and I began our life together.

Description: Lyri has two different colored eyes as common in her clan. Her left eye is violet and her right is yellow, closer in color to her tiger's then other drow. Her hair is waist length and dyed blue with black stripes also to show her position as a tiger trainer.

She does has a few scars, a set of claw marks following her right hip where she was once attacked by a tiger and a jagged scar crossing her left shoulder where it meets her neck. She has a yellow tiger eye gem set in her forehead and a matching on in her belly button. She has a tattoo in blue over her right eye and cheek of three tiger stripes or
claw marks covering her eye lid.

She tends to wear purple or blue clothing. Her common outfit is a long free flowing pants and a matching halter. She halter leaves her stomach and back bare but covers her chest to form a high collar around her neck.

Time Zone/Activity: Central US, Activity aprox 12 to 24 hours responds if not immediate.
BladeDancer
Tik'tikki

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Name: Tyrthing Khârn
Race: Human
Profession: A follower of Khorne, thus always searching for worthy enemies to challenge, kill and offer their blood and skull to Khorne
Class: Chaos Warrior, Follower of Khorne (adejctive: Khornate)

Equipment: Tyrthing wears, like all followers of Khorne, a heavy steel plate armour, encasing him from head to toe, blessed by the Blood God Khorne, blood-red in color, various spikes set in, embroidened with brass forming depictions of bloody battles, sacrifices to the Blood God, illustrations of Khorne's Skullthrone and several litanies singing praise to the Lord of Skulls, as well as several runes designating him as follower of Khorne. Over his armor he always wears a heavy bear pelt.

Some may mistake the spikes as an additional weapon, in truth however Tyrthing uses them to impale the skulls of worthy enemies upon them.

Other than his armor Tyrthing, being a follower of Khorne, calls only his ever bloodstained mace and axe his own, as the Blood God shuns the use of potions and poisons as cowardice, but, never denying nor stopping to search for a worthy foe, Tyrthing almost always carries a great many skulls with him to offer to the Blood God.

"Revel in the Slaughter! REJOICE IN THE CARNAGE!"

Magic: None, the Blood God despises magic as cowardice.

Beginning City: Val'Raveran

Background: In the far north of the Surface World there is a wide barren wasteland called the Chaos Wastes. It is a place ever encased under a thick layer of ice, the human inhabitants fighting for survival nonstop.
In the Chaos Wastes, only Chaos rules, the four great deities, born from human sin hold the humans under an iron fist.

Khorne, the Blood God,, rage, fury and honor incarnate.

Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, the personification of hope and greed.

Nurgle, The Lord of All Things, his is desperation, decay, tolerance and love.

And Slaanesh, he/she/it, man, woman, beast, Slaanesh is excess, desire, pride, art and perfection.

These four deities are enclosed in a neverending war for supremacy, Khorne being the currently strongest of the Chaos Gods, though as Chaos demands it it is in ever change.
All human inhabiting the Chaos Wastes serve one of the Gods and always fight against the followers of the other deities, one could understand it as a neverending Ji-Had (Or a Christian Crusade) aimed at everyone, from everyone.

Tyrthing was born under the followers of Khorne, one should note that in the Chaos Wastes, the chaotic energies of the realm of Chaos, the Warp, containing the stored emotions of humanity, often run freely amok, causing severe mutations to
all afflicted. Alas, it was of high joy for the parents when it was revealed that the infant Tyrthing showed tendencies of a Chaos Warrior, blessed by Khorne himself, culminating in Tyrthing's rapid growth, at the young age of ten years reaching
eight feet of height. However, one should note that Tyrthing's birth, if appreciated, was not unique.

Thousands of Chaos Warriors were born under their gods every year.

Like all of those born under Khorne's rule, Tyrthing possessed superior martial skills and fought with a berserker-like fury, earning him soon his armor and weapons, it should be noted here that, prior to the aquirement of the armor and weapons,
Tyrthing was only clad in the pelt of a bear he had killed with his bare hands.

Yet, his ultimate motive, like it was that of every khornate Chaos Warrior, was to be elevated into the ranks of the Chosen of Khorne, Warriors without peer, an aim that was yet far away.

"KHORNE WILL HAVE HIS BLOODSPILL! EVEN IF THIS BLOOD IS MINE!"

By that time, Tyrthing's favored enemies had been the Slaaneshi followers, for him the most despicable lifeform that could exist.
One has to understand, while khornate followers slaughter, murder and pillage, they do it on 'fair' terms, they only fight enemies who can fight back, as they khornate way of life is forever to strive to improve one's martial skill,
make the whole life to a neverending challenge in order to become the ultimate warrior. Khorne only accepted the blood and skulls of WORTHY enemies and if one of his followers so much as dared to offer him the skulls of children, there
had been known cases of the Blood God literally coming from the skies in a storm of utter rage and blood, punishing those who dared to betray his ideals. Khorne may be honor, but he is honor turned into an abominable martial pride.
Khornate followers seek the external expression of the beliefs of their god.

Slaaneshi on the other hand, sought the interal expression of the beliefs of their god, which was, in all honesty, simple perfection. Slaanesh grants all his followers, moreso his Chaos Warriors and Chosen, an inhuman beauty and incredible pleasure.
However, the more pleasure one experiences, the more one craves for it. After centuries of living under consant pleasure and excess, a subtle process of dulling ensues. Soon, the slaaneshi follower will experience less pleasure,
less life with every action he/she undertakes. After some time, one feels less alive, mindlessly looking for anything that one lets feel emotion.

Thus, the slaaneshi follower takes pain. Pain, more pain, it never fades, and soon the slaaneshi follower only feels alive with the most extreme of excess, most notably pain, drugs and massive sex orgies.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, a khornate follower hates more than the slaaneshi followers.

Tyrthing in particular however managed to kill an extraordinary number of slaaneshi followers, most notably one of Slaanesh's Chosen, Avarel the Everdancing, whom he, in an act of remarkable irony, beat to death with his own leg, earning him a certain amount of reliability in Khorne's eyes.

Khorne was always looking for worthy enemies, in particular his eyes had been on the south. Surely, worthy skulls are to reaped there?
Tyrthing came into play, reliable yet expendable, like every khornate follower of unwavering loyalty, he was perfect to scout the south, and earn himself the chance to rise to the rank of the Chosen of Khorne.

Thus, Tyrthing started his journey, looking for any inhabitated place, ever challenging anyone he thought to be a worthy foe, ever sacrificing the skulls of those worthy to Khorne, who would, if a certain amount of sacrifices had been made,
'gift' the young Tyrthing with a mutation, a gift always happily received, as every gift increased his combat abilities, thus increasing his ability to serve Khorne better.

For Tyrthing, it was better to die for Khorne than live for oneself.

Abilities: Like every khornate follower, Tyrthing is notorical for falling into a sheer mindless berserkergang, all the while chanting praise to his god and thanks to his enemies for standing in his way. For Tyrthing, bloody battle is his own personal drug, to which he is utterly addicted. Being a Chaos Warrior, he possesses extreme physical strength and speed, which are only increased when he enters the berserkergang, allowing him to literally run through a solid stone wall, leaving nothing
but total destruction in his wake. This, coupled with his extreme unpredictability, turns him into a killing machine, bearing no mercy. However, even outside his berserkergang, he possess extreme skill with his weapons,
one should bear in mind that Khorne is a Warrior God, who demands from all of his followers to hone their fighting skills to a maximum.

Of course, his extreme fury also has its drawbacks, his obvious recklessness and utter lack of will to retreat. It is ridiculousely easy to lure him into a trap. Also, Tyrthing WILL attack literally anything that provides a challenge,
he will even attack enemies of whom he knows he cannot win against, against whom death is the only outcome. But he doesn't care about that, because retreating means being a shame to the Blood God.
His apparent survival is a testament to his battle prowess.

Another ability to note would be the one that Khorne grants to every of his Chaos Warriors, a certain amount of immunity from magic. This is not to be said that it could render all magic useless, but it can make the difference between life and death.

Personality: One should bear in mind that Tyrthing doesn't understand anything outside of battle and violence, thus he will respond to anything he doesn't understand with the only thing he ever knew: Violence.
He has no concept of trade or money, as a Chaos Warrior he needs very little sustenance, which he is capable of hunting for himself.
But, Tyrthing's most peculiar attribute is his outstanding loyalty, even amongst khornate followers. If someone would help Tyrthing in anything, like finding better enemies, Tyrthing would feel himself indebted to that person,
and would do anything to even it out.
Tyrthing does not care about himself, nor his flesh, he really only cares about his ability to serve, having numerous times statet that service is its own reward, like all khornate followers, he barely notices physical comfort or pain.
He will never, ever, betray his, admittedly twisted sense of honor. Meaning, even in the deepest throes of his berserkergang, he will never attack a child or anything of comparable challenge.
Outside of battle, when he is more 'sane', a state people rarely see him in, he tends to be a little philosophical, in particular he still tries to understand what the elves, humans and dwarves do with this thing called 'money'.
Amusingly, he doesn't understand anything about intercourse and has never participated in it. Until today, he still tries to understand what he had seen in this strange slaaneshi lair, why this one man had humped into the corpse of the other.

Description: Tyrthing will almost always keep his helmet on, except when he needs to eat, drink or it is forcibly removed in battle. His face, can only be described as monstrous. He is bald, slightly pale skin, gray eyes, a rune of Khorne tatooed across his face,
, his teeth all filed to dangerous fangs, to which several enemies have already fallen victim when Tyrthing, devoid of his helmet and weapon, will literally tear out the enemy's throat with his teeth. His jaw is very defined, from the depths of his eyes, one can think to see a neverending series of bloody slaughter. Understandably, his suicidical fightingstyle has earned him many scars.
The coppery stench of blood always clings to him and his weapons, for he deems time spent without spilling blood for Khorne in the best case a waste, in the worst case blasphemy, from which he can only redeem himself by spilling more blood for Khorne.
He is inhumanely muscled, to the point that one barely recognises him as human.

In his relentless search for better enemies, Tyrthing has entered the drow city Val'Raveran. He does not only look for sentient enemies, he heard that deep in the Underworld are ancient beasts who could provide him with a challenge beyond compare.
This, this is worth dying for.

There is only War, an endless series of bloodshed and the insane laughter of thirsting gods.
Last edited by Laughing Slaughter on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:28 pm

By the way, how do I make a picture as my avatar? I keep giving the thing the link, yet it keeps saying that the URL is not available, and yes I have tired several different pictures.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm afraid that Warhammer 40K is not represented in this universe in any way, so this character is better suited for the Gave Tavern, not the official RP.

Thank you. :)
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Laughing Slaughter » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 pm

'Tis exactly not Warhammer 40k, but Warhammer Fantasy.
Laughing Slaughter
Nether Spawn

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Laughing Slaughter wrote:'Tis exactly not Warhammer 40k, but Warhammer Fantasy.

My mistake, but the statement still stands I'm afraid.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Name: Mae Sarghress
Sex: Female
Weapons: Spear, Mace, trench knife.
Armor: Highland raider, small round shield.
Magic:Basic mana, , Basic fire manipulation.
Other gear: Backpack, basic medical kit, sleeping bag, flint and steel, Gauntlet with flint and steel attachments, 10 Rations, hatchet, wet stone, water skin, 20 ada pieces.

Clan: Val Sarghress
Beginning City: Val Raven

Back ground: Mae was the youngest of three in a family that grew up in the rough side of the Sarghress clan. Although they didn't make a lot of money and had little to themselves, they always had food on the table, clean cloths and a roof over their heads.

Mae was the shrimp of the family and was always picked on by her older brother and sister. Bruises and broken egos were common between them but Mae always seemed to be on the short end of the stick of things. It didn't help that their Mother wasn't a very good role model for them, leaving them to their fighting, seeing it was nothing to concern her until somebody went too far or she wanted some quite time.

Mae was always closer to her father who was home a little more often and took care of the house more then her mother. He would to break up fights as best he could, trying to keep some sanity in his house. Sometimes he would tell stories to Mae around how their Ilharess rose to power and clawed her way from nothing to ruling a powerful clan. She took in the stories and knew she could do the same, rise from nothing and prevail against anything standing in her way!

When Mae got old enough, she to joined the Sarghress Heavy Infantry. From there she pushed herself to the limits and fought every obstacle put in her path, like any proper Sarghress she earned everything.

Mae military career is an action pact one to say the least, in short when ever there was trouble on the front lines Mae was very likely there and volunteered for it.

Some time after the Nidra'achal war, Mae found herself wondering about her life, what was she striving for? When she joined the army she vowed to rise from rising above from being that small teased child and climb her way into the woman she is today, but was there anything beyond that? Her clan was built upon the ideals of overcoming your problems, did she solve all her problems or is she missing something?

She was convinced by a few of her fellow friends that she should try her hand at the highland raiders, Mae couldn't see the harm in it, it would only improve and expand her skills, the surface was something she heard much of but never gave it much thought until now.

Description: While still shapely for woman underneath her armor, she's made of solid muscle honed from a hard life, her hair is cut short.

Height: 5 10 foot
Weight: 185
Eye Color: Soft Brown
Hair Color: White
Personality: Mae can be friendly but tends to cuss, more so if shes startled or flustered. She also has a tendency to fight for the little man, knowing well what it is like to be a victim to bullying, and because of this has gotten into more the a few fist fights. She is also a natural born scrapper and seems to be pissed off at something.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Thalar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 pm

BladeDancer
Character: Lyri'ielli Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune

• Worldsetting accuracy - (5)
  • Mana arts - (6)
  • Abilities - (5)
  • Items - (0) - The signature animals of the Great Clans are not available to own.
  • Total power level - (7)
  • Backstory cohesiveness - (5)
  • Plausibility - (5)
Conclusion: Refused. The tiger is the property of clan Sullisin'rune, not of your character. While you can work as a trainer you're not allowed to keep a tiger as your personal pet. You're also not allowed to bring it out of the compound or training area. Please repost your character sheet with a new background that reflects this information. If you have questions please ask them in the Newbie School Thread.

==

Laughing Slaughter
Character: Tyrthing Khârn

• Worldsetting accuracy - (0)
  • Mana arts - (0) - Humans in this worldsetting never have magic, whether the deities they believe in consider it cowardice or not.
  • Abilities - (0) - Humans, being nonmagical beings (non-fae) cannot be immune to the effects of magic since they don't have something which negates the magic (unlike the xuile'solen).
  • Items - (3) - Should be reevaluated to fit with one of the known human cultures.
  • Total power level - (1)
  • Backstory cohesiveness - (1)
  • Plausibility - (0)
Conclusion: Refused. You could have taken this character concept and made it work in this worldsetting, instead you tried to insert the character as-is into a worldsetting very different from the one you created him for. Please wait for the full review, then take your character to the Newbie School Thread, or start fresh with a new concept. This is mainly a social roleplay environment, so you should keep that in mind. If your goal was to play a Warhammer character, please check the Game Tavern, the characters in this thread are for the DT rpg only.

==

django
Character: Mae Sarghress

• Worldsetting accuracy - (7)
  • Mana arts - (6)
  • Abilities - (6)
  • Items - (7)
  • Backstory cohesiveness - (7)
  • Plausibility - (7)
Conclusion: Approved.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Kithrune » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 am

Name: Di’onte Illhar’dro
Race: Drowlath

Height: 6’0
Hair: White with blue tips
Build: Lean and muscular

Weapons: 2 tipped telescoping baton, throwing daggers (hidden behind neck), kopesh ( for use in battle)

Armor: Thin iron breastplate (hidden under shirt) , throwing daggers protect the back of the neck when sheaved), Owns full plate armor and shield for use in battle.

Gear: fine silk shirt, fine silk pants, fine silk vest, 50 ada, lute, reed flute, small utility knife, small vial of hot pepper oil, spare lute strings.

Magic: above average Spellsong, light sorcery, illusion

Other skills: Dancing (above average), Musicianship (above average), Singing (Virtuoso)

Di’onte Illhar’dro is the son of a minor Illhar’dro noble (mother) and a very charismatic palace guard (father). From birth he showed an exceptional talent for song that was nurtured by his mother and clan. He was trained in the arts of song, dance, and musicianship (his mother made him try painting as well but he hated it). In between his training at home his father would take him to the barracks to relax and sometimes train in the martial arts.
By the time he had left for Orthobabae he had become the unofficial guard mascot. In school Di’onte, who inherited his father’s good looks and magnetic personality, was very popular with his classmates. While not the greatest student, he excelled in spellsong, light magic, and armed combat. After school Di’onte spent a few years living and performing in Kal’bol where he gained a small following . While there he learned hide his noble upbringing and blend in with commoners when needed and deadly accuracy with his throwing daggers, leaning to constantly hit a target in a crowd without stopping his performance.

While most drow would have been happy with the life Di’onte led in Kal’bol, he thirsted for more and returned to his childhood home in the Illhar’dro fortress to learn the finer points of diplomacy with the hopes of becoming an ambassador to a friendly clan such as the Shargress, whose soldiers got him out of many a tight spot.

While not a part of the official military, Di’onte regularly volunteers to aid his clan in battle, fighting alongside his father’s unit with the equivalent rank of sergeant.

Time Zone: US Eastern (Washington D.C., New York, Chicago)
Last edited by Kithrune on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 am

Name: Rilla’me Trental

Equipment:

Weapons:
• a dirk
• a small dagger in a sheath on her left forearm

A pack containing:
• 15 Ada
• Various small packets of mana plant seeds
• a water bottle
• a chunk of dry hard bread and 3 mushrooms
• a large collection of ribbons of various colours
• a change of clothes
• a blanket
• a sewing kit
• a small stone sculpture of a pair of lovers kissing

Magic: Wood and Herbs

Beginning city: Chel'el'sussoloth
Clan: none.

Background:
Rilla’me crossed her legs and stared at them critically. “Hmm, why not. I suppose I could tell you my story… I shall start at the beginning.”

"I was born to a mother who had once been an Illhar to a very minor clan that had unfortunately fallen apart some 200 years before my birth and goes completely unremembered by everyone else, All that was left of our clan was the name: Trental, some of the mana-bearing flowers that my mother claimed had been brought down from the surface by some far off ancestor, and an affinity to wood and herbs which I was lucky enough to inherit, much to my mother’s delight.
At the time of my birth my mother had had two other daughters Kin’tia and Lontaren’ale the first of which had long left our home to join the Sarghress and is from what I heard a Highland ranger, I’ve never actually met her. Lontaren’ale or Lonna as we called her was a lazy, drunk, gambling, cruel woman who had neither particular affinity nor the patience to learn and was a great disappointment to my mother. So my mother was naturally delighted to have another daughter and was determined that I should at least be fit to inherit what was now a small but flourishing business in mana plants. My youngest years were happy ones as long as I avoided Lonna and stayed quiet when mother was working. I have to say I am clumsy and always have been, as a child I was always knocking things over and making a mess, and it tended to get me into trouble.

When I reached the age of 12 my mother insisted Lonna teach me the basics of swordplay, which my sister used as an excuse to beat me up. Let’s just say the only thing I learnt was to dodge blows very well. A few years later when I was about 15 or 16 my mother became pregnant again, the father was a Sarghress soldier.
Though he was not my own, I have to say I think of him as my father. He, to my delight, took over teaching me swordplay from my sister, I never really excelled at it but I tried very hard and did improve somewhat.
Mork’sen (the father) had a pastime of creating small sculptures. They were mostly rough things, but one of them, and perhaps the best, was one of lovers kissing. It was a gift he made for my mother and she kept it in the store for all to see.

A few years after my little brother was born my mother began to teach me how to use my ability to help grow the plants we sold. This, fortunately I was good at. It is the one thing I could be proud of. The older I got the more involved I became in the business, learning to keep the books, and run the store and how to tell apart the various ranks of the customers. I also spent far too much of my time sewing up my brother’s clothes because he was an energetic and mischievous boy, always getting into trouble, I was always telling him off. When I was 32 I had the idea to tying colour coded ribbons around the seedling pots to show what type of plants they were, and I tied my hair with the ones we had the most of at the time. Until one sad day when I had just turned 40 my mother died. She lost her life to some muggers in the backstreets. We never found out who did it. I kept my mother’s scarf, she was very proud of it as it had been her grandmother’s and was made of green silk with incredibly fine white and yellow embroidery of flowers. I don’t know why they didn’t steal it too.

After this sad event my sister took over, claiming I was too young to own a business and run it responsibly. The first thing she did was throw out Mork’sen and my little brother; I don’t know what happened to them after that, I just know that I missed them. As time went on my sister squandered the money we earned on wine and gambling and our mother’s beloved business went from prospering to stagnant in a few short years.

I had only stayed in the vain hope that my sister would lose interest and leave the business to me soon enough, I certainly couldn’t fight her for it since I had no deathwish, but things went from bad to worse, and as I went through the books one day after one of my sisters gambling nights, I saw that very soon we would no longer be able to afford the rent for our small home. I stole what small amount of money was left in the business. Took everything I could carry and left for good. It’s been 15 years since my mother died, and here I am, with no idea what to do next."

Description:
• Green eyes, grey s shaped face paint curving around her right eye and up to the hairline with various pale yellow dots (looks messy since she hasn’t reapplied it recently and she doesn’t want to get a tattoo)
• Hair: very pale silvery green; she has a lot of ribbons in her hair.
• About 1m79 tall, so a bit smaller than average,
• Fairly average figure
Clothes:
• a brown shirt, that’s slightly too big
• a skirt also brown, fairly dirty.
• knee length leather boots
• a scarf made of green silk with incredibly fine white and yellow embroidery of flowers. She never takes it off.
• black ankle length cloak with hood

Personality: Modest and not generally aggressive, she tries very hard to be polite and friendly.
But if she’s buying or selling something you shouldn’t try to haggle with her, she drives a very hard bargain.
She prefers to spend her time growing plants which she finds very rewarding, and she has a soft spot for young children. She finds sewing tedious, and she despises drunks and gambling. You will never find her drinking wine, she’s sworn off the stuff in reaction to her sister. She tends to be clumsy and knock things over when she’s trying very hard to be careful, which because of her being scolded for it often as a child is most of the time.
She’s quite intelligent and will come up with idea’s to improve things if she’s given the chance. She likes art modelled on plant life, and one of her dreams is to see the surface one day to see them for herself, though her inability to fight particularly well and lack of connections with any major clan make that but a dim and distant dream.

Time Zone/Activity: (GMT+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby BladeDancer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 am

Reposted with corrections and assistance from Blackshade. <3

Name: Lyri’ielli Cros’sin Val’Sullisin’rune

Equipment: 2 daggers, 2 scimitar swords, rope, basic first aid kit/meds, pouch of smoked dried meat, ball/toys.
Adin'mol, large feline: He's jet black with bright green eyes. He is about two feet high and four feet long reaching to the knees of most adult drow. Trained through the use of Empathy by Lyri'ielli. (Seen in this page about mid comic http://www.drowtales.com /mainarchive.php?order=chapters&id=661&overview=1&chibi=1&cover=1&extra=1&page=1&check=1 )

Magic: Empathy

Beginning city: Val'Raveran

Clan: Val’Sullisin’rune

Background

My name is Lyri'ielli Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune. Lyri to my friends or at least those that mildly care for me. My mother is the sister of Aurora Val'Sullisin'Rune, the De'vess of the subhouse Cros'sin. I wanted for nothing in my youth. Everything I wanted was granted before I could even ask.

My mother had chosen my path before I even left for Orthorbbae. Before I was to leave, she took me down to the tiger pens. These creatures, so big and scary from afar were worse close up. I stood fearfully among them until I panicked. A great black male lashed out at me as my panic became his. I still bare the faint reminder across my hip to
never let my fear overcome my senses. This was the first sign I bore the power inherit to my clan.

Orthorbbae was a fascinating escape from the rich life of privilege I held in the home of my Clan. The mana arts thrilled me as I learned about my Empathy and how it could be used. I also learned just how double edged that gift was. My combat skills were superb in theory, but every time I faced an opponent, I faltered. I just couldn't withstand the pain I inflicted as it backlashed through my empathy. I could wield two swords with grace and persistence, but I lost battle after battle.

When I finished school at the age of forty, I returned to the Dome, back to the parties, riches and glamor that was the routine life of a Val of the clan. My mother had wanted me to become a Tiger Knight, but my born skills instead led me to other paths. As an Empath, I was delegated to other duties, such as calming down slaves, and managing duties.

My mother had been over-protective since my return from Orthorbbae. The backlashes from my Empathy worried her. I really didn't understand the harm that could befall me. I mean I couldn't go into battle with the solders and knights of the clan, but what really could harm me otherwise? One day I was just a little stir-crazy at home, so I snuck out, heading into Chel to do a little exploring. It wasn’t long that I, naïve and wealthy-looking, attracted the wrong sort of attention. Taking a wrong turn led to facing more thieves than I knew existed, all pulling daggers and demanding everything I had. I gave them what they wanted, but it didn't satisfy them. I screamed in terror as the knife slashed at my neck and I was pushed aside by something large and furry. Fangs baring down upon the thieves as the tiger answered my Empathic call. The guard, surprised when her mount had suddenly dashed off in a random direction, quickly took me home. I felt warm and protected in the feeling of the tiger's thoughts and all my fears of the beasts vanished.

There I immediately when to my mother. I knew what I wanted and made my request I wanted to train the tigers. Eventually I hoped to overcome my weakness and become a tiger kinght. She smiled slyly back. This was exactly what she wanted. In the usual ways of our clan, my mother hosted a party in celebration and presented me with an unusual gift, a kitten from the surface. He was jet black and had bright green eyes. I named him Adin'mol and over the years I trained him with my empathy. We became inseparable.

Description: Lyri has two different colored eyes as common in her clan. Her left eye is violet and her right is yellow, closer in color to her tiger's then other drow. Her hair is waist length and dyed blue with black stripes also to show her position as a tiger trainer.

She does has a few scars, a set of claw marks following her right hip where she was once attacked by a tiger and a jagged scar crossing her left shoulder where it meets her neck. She has a yellow tiger eye gem set in her forehead and a matching on in her belly button. She has a tattoo in blue over her right eye and cheek of three tiger stripes or claw marks covering her eye lid.

She tends to wear purple or blue clothing. Her common outfit is a long free flowing pants and a matching halter. She halter leaves her stomach and back bare but covers her chest to form a high collar around her neck.

Time Zone/Activity: Central US, Activity aprox 12 to 24 hours responds if not immediate.
BladeDancer
Tik'tikki

Postby Thalar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Kithrune
Character: Di'onte Illhar'dro

• Mana arts - (6) - Illusion is an effect you create with for example Light sorcery. No need to include as a separate entry :)
  • Abilities - (6)
  • Items - (5) - Would be more likely with chain-reinforced spider silk than a thin iron breastplate.
  • Total power level - (6)
  • Backstory cohesiveness - (5)
  • Plausibility - (6)
Conclusion: Conditionally Approved.
Post the character's starting city, then you may begin play in that city.
If you wish to change the thin iron breastplate into a chain-reinforced spider silk tunic before you begin play, post in this thread that you have done so.

==

Rilla Treespirit
Character: Rilla'me Trental

• Mana arts - (7)
  • Abilities - (7)
  • Items - (7)
  • Backstory cohesiveness - (7)
  • Plausibility - (8)
Conclusion: Approved.

==