An arena for the Tei'kaliaths to show their creativity!

1.collection of storys and folklores ?

yes folk lores and stuff sounds fun (but i wont do one)
36%
yes I like the ideal doing a few pragraphs sounds easy (do one)
61%
bad ideal
3%

Total votes : 33

Tei'Kaliath legends & folk storys

Postby waffleferret on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:06 pm

ok so sence i asked around abit and everyone I asked thinks at lest this is an ok, if not good ideal i'v been thinking about maby starting a thread for a collection of "mini culture storys" we could all do ,you know ones like 1-5 paragraghs long (short attention spans @_@ or storys but divided into peices like the collection of julie huffet ) that we might be able to use for a culture thing ,maby even at the festival nothing big that would have to change the plot of course but little fables that are fun to read like the blue ox guy or the one about the fox that messed with the rock's blankets, folklores and such if thier are any good ones maby we could suggest leting them be told at the festival ones about anceint creatures and amseing battles antient weapons and ironic leasons , old myths and wonderest legends stuff like that every real culture has them .

Hearos pm'd thalar to see if a contest could be done to see if maby..not likely but a slight maby one of the better ones could be told in the arcives .
most likely this will be a fun forum reading thing where we can rate them and vote them to be "unofflicaly culture storys " which, i will put on my fraction page sence my fracton majors in culture :D (im working on a 3 paragraph story about the moon that fell maby put somthing about how our old city is "believed to be in this old crater)

also I want to advice something like this (lets tell the newcomers some folklores and legends from the old city as well as our tireless jorney here) (these will not be the ones we put up here just random ones every culture has myths and stuff) im hesident to put the option up because my last few haven't been as good as i thought they would be or simply put in at the wrong time period so if you could give me a thumbs up thumps down i'd appreciated it i'm going to hold off the advice for a bit :D this isn't n the poll because the poll is mean to me and i want to keep it simple so just say (it sounds like a good advice waffle or not so much waffle
Last edited by waffleferret on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Tei'Kaliath legendss & folk storys

Postby Hetros on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 am

Origins
It is said once there was a city, it was a meeting place between the sea, land, and sky. Far to the north it was, and was a place of meeting between the Dark Fae of the south and the Light Fae of the north. Her armies strong, though not the strongest, her trade fleets rich, though not the richest, and her mines deep, if not the deepest.

So it is said that it was one of the first places to feel the iron heel of war, when the moons were shattered and the world itself burned.

Long did her walls hold as war beat from both sides. The Dark Fae who controlled her possessed powerful magics and harden weapons. They could not stop the war from proceeding south, but the city defended herself long and hard, as well as those she’d sworn to protect.

Then the unthinkable happened. A plague of death struck the city. Those it touched were struck down irrevocably, their eyes red as blood, their bodies twisted and broken from the sickness. Though life had long left their bodies, they still walked, shambling monsters that devoured those not struck down by the plague itself.

While the city could stand against armies, and magics, it could not stand against what appeared to be a curse from the very Moons themselves. With no recourse, pushed further and further back, those left within turned to their mines, and went down. Collapsing the shafts behind them as they went to seal away the plague and those who were stuck with it, if not dead yet.

And so it came to be we lived in these deep halls, far in the bowls of the earth. We heard the plague spread, supposedly a new magic developed by one side or the other, perhaps both. As it spread, it drove our brothers and sisters, of both the light and the dark, deep underground, or onto the highest of peaks. And so the age of moons came to an end, now unable to see the moons, existing without their light, we eke out an existence in these desolate tunnels, longing for their light once more.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 am

Angchti! tuoQ'elantima! LIFE!
Angchti! dawoShifakk'cwema! VOID!
Angchti! YllhawenMppaña! MANA!
Cha'awmfae qhokk'tehlo kael'shoñtya aetsotsa mbis'thc'ha! The beauty of the Fairy Path illuminates eternity!
A'lystempha! I am moved!
A'lystempha! I am moved!
A'lystempha! I am moved!

Over 2000 years past I followed a fairy into the Fae wood to hear her beautiful voice... forgetting love, forgetting family, forgetting clan, nation, and race. The beauty of the tiny voice astounded me. I had to know why... Why does the fairy sing?She sang to a rose and I asked, "Why?" and she said "It is beautiful!" She sang to a frog and I asked, "Why?" and she said, "He is beautiful!" She sang to a spider hunting amongst the mould and I asked, "Why?" and she said, "She is beautiful!" the spider was captured by a wasp and stung until she was quivering in paralysis and the fairy sang to them and I asked, "Why?" and she said, "They are beautiful!" With every answer I understood less and less.

Deep in the forest I sat down in despair, "Little one I do not understand your answers! Why do you sing?" and she said, "How could I not? All is beauty and my heart is filled. If I did not release my joy it would burst!" I was utterly confused. Each time I had thought I had found some pattern she would sing to something wholly strange, fox shit, a pebble, a butterfly's mouth, a rotten fish head, a piece of bark, a colorful mushroom... I followed and followed, it seemed no thing or event went uncelebrated. It seemed any thing or event could be passed by in favor of any other thing.

Eventually, I asked her to teach me her language so I could understand what she was singing. But I only became more lost. She praised health and corruption with equal and great zeal, animal and plant, stone and air and water and flame, even my confusion and and stubbornness where lauded and equal to my violet hair. A breeze was praised for juggling a leaf and praised for tumbling a young bird into a stream to be eaten by a fish.

I began to think she had bewitched my mind with her voice. It was so beautiful. The words so profound and yet so meaningless. Her answers so rich and yet so incomprehensible. She sang of the beauty of my madness and I felt mocked. She sang of the beauty of my anger and I cried in despair. Then she sang of her love of my desire to understand and its meaninglessness and I listened. When she finished, I said, "Teach me to sing." and she laughed and laughed until I thought time had stopped and the world ended. I felt as if my heart would burst and there was no understanding.

I sat with my face in my hands feeling utterly the fool. What was an elf doing chasing a fairy about alone in the fae forest? I looked down and there was not a rag of clothing on me, my skin was scratched, my feet callused, and my tangled mass of hair hanging to my knees. How long had I been chasing this little fairy asking her meaningless questions that had every answer and no answer? Why should an elf wish to sing fairy songs to rotten fish? But that was what I wanted and I no longer even understood myself.

As I was caught up in my misery and confusion, the fairy landed on my shoulder, burrowed into my tangled hair, and whispered into my ear, "Just sing with me." I got up wiped my eyes and followed. She sang and I imitated and she shook her head and laughed and sang the song of the mockingbird. I listened and sang it, too. And she laughed and we went along. She would sing and I would imitate and the moons rose and fell, rose and fell like fish jumping in a pond.

Slowly, I began to see a pattern in her words and started to try to guess what she would sing next, but it was never quite the same. When I tried to sing in unison with her I soon would fall behind and be only repeating her words and tones like an echo from a cliff wall. She laughed and sang of her echo and I was defeated in surprise not knowing why her words were suddenly a mystery to me.

I tried singing a previous song of squirrels when she sang to a nest of squirrels, but the tune became sour with mismatched tones and I was defeated. The words and the tune were nearly identical but different making the discord appalling and I cried out in shame. She sang a song of the beauty of my shame and I felt more lost than ever.

One day we went out into a wide clearing filled with flowers and buzzing bees and she sang a song of pollen. In a fit of pique I watched one large bumble bee and how she twitched her fuzzy little legs and sang a song of her dirty legs covered with yummy annoying sticky pollen, twitchy-twitchy-twitchy trying to disrupt the fairy with my silly song... and our voices locked together in a perfect harmony our words chased each other's themes around the glade like lovers. The sun went down and still we sang the moons and the stars passed and still we sang. The birds awoke and still we sang.

Three days we sang of the fae forest: its life, its death, its lands, its waters, its time, and its ending. And when the singing ended, I knew and cried out to the sky:
Angchti! tuoQ'elantima! LIFE!
Angchti! dawoShifakk'cwema! VOID!
Angchti! YllhawenMppaña! MANA!
Cha'awmfae qhokk'tehlo kael'shoñtya aetsotsa mbis'thc'ha! The beauty of the Fairy Path illuminates eternity!
A'lystempha! I am moved!
A'lystempha! I am moved!
A'lystempha! I am moved!

...and I looked at the fairy and she at me and we laughed.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nasfors on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:52 am

Oh it is to be a competition is it? May the best drow win! }:3
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm

@hetros that story seems so fiting like something that could sooo be true and it just has that folktale vibe :w

@kirio i would have stomped that fairy }:3

@Nasfors you should make an urben legend about the infamous Anj'hali bouncer how he rides ito the nght and delivers punishment to the ones that dare to mock his ill'haress XD

also im about halfway done with my first story so exspect it up later today
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

waffleferret wrote:@Nasfors you should make an urben legend about the infamous Anj'hali bouncer how he rides ito the nght and delivers punishment to the ones that dare to mock his ill'haress XD

That would be far too shamelessly self-promoting. An'jhali is the star of this tale after all. ;)
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:39 pm

The 7th moon

A long time ago ,during the great war of the moons at the battle's peak , were two of the largest cities of two of the greatest races collided. The light elves and their cousins the dark elves why they battled...not even the moons thyself could understand. But it was bloody, so bloody that some places where bathe in blood thick enough to drown a small child but not thick enough to relinquish the bonds of hate that enshrouded these once peaceful cities. They shot the most powerful spells they knew and used their sharpest and most poisoned weapons causing death and mayhem of proportions that have never been seen before!

Soon nothing mattered to these people but seeing the spilled blood of the other and quenching their thirst for vengeance soon they released monsters onto the planet in the likes they have never seen before ..their was wise words on both sides that pleaded and begged them to stop and to think. but so few listened and the wise ones where almost wholly slaughtered as traitors ...but through it all...their goddess ,the goddess of the 7th moon watched and how she cried! she watched and watched her children trying to yell to them telling the few that would listen to stop their brethren but constantly her voice was lost and ignored...this was where most of her followers lived in this area . To the ones that have always been her children she couldn't just turn away. So closer and closer she she creeped, and louder she screamed ...as she started to drifted faster and closer a small few realized their error and and what was to come the wise left some just prayed but most hardly noticed, said it was a trick of the eye an illusion caused by their enemy that that was the last straw that it was time to end this once and for all!

...so the strongest spell casters from both side plotted to end this once and for all they gathered all their knowledge for one finale spell one too end all the other spells of pure power ..when the goddess realized that her children where about to murder their self and their friends she did what she feared , she would have to do all along so maybe their could be a future for the few that survived. she sacrificed her self and fell. she fell screaming a sound so full of despair they say it could even make demons cry. to the planet she came .....they always prayed for her to end the war and she did. the cities where no more. only .5% lived and they where the ones that ran away or the few who saw it coming and where strong enough to put up a great protection for them self and the few they could gather thus though the finale wish of the goddess 10 moons became 9.

their is a rumor saying that if her people ever come back a new moon ..will come and she will be incarnated but that is just wishful thinking..
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:14 am

waffleferret wrote:@kirio i would have stomped that fairy }:3

(-_-) Hun, someone would would have wanted to stomp the fairy would not have been able to get close enough in the first place.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby waffleferret on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 am

kirio wrote:
waffleferret wrote:@kirio i would have stomped that fairy }:3

(-_-) Hun, someone would would have wanted to stomp the fairy would not have been able to get close enough in the first place.

..ya I probly would have epicly...ran into a tree then turned into a bunny :B I like story though , how its i thnk about the fairys love and apprecaiteing of hw anything can be pretty if you look at it right

...it reminds me of how when my brother was 4 and he use to take these stickers his daycare baby sister called smartys called and put them on anything he thought was smart (they where supost to be for the kids but he jacked them XD..we bought new ones though) this inculded the TV,rocks,bananas my hair dryer , the cat...not a happy cat , the dung beatles ,the dung beatles dung, the orange fish...i still don't know how the fish lived , the wall , my bookbag, the cheesegrater, all of his chicken nugets , his sippy cup and pull ups , the car, the floor, the lamp a shoe lace and the bottle of draino..and thats not all of them XD
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:49 am

waffleferret wrote:...it reminds me of how when my brother was 4 and he use to take these stickers his daycare baby sister called smartys called and put them on anything he thought was smart (they where supost to be for the kids but he jacked them XD..we bought new ones though) this inculded the TV,rocks,bananas my hair dryer , the cat...not a happy cat , the dung beatles ,the dung beatles dung, the orange fish...i still don't know how the fish lived , the wall , my bookbag, the cheesegrater, all of his chicken nugets , his sippy cup and pull ups , the car, the floor, the lamp a shoe lace and the bottle of draino..and thats not all of them XD

XD
hahhaaha, That's really cute.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby waffleferret on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm

ok I have put all your ideals on the 3rd post in my fraction topic :D
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Re: Tei'Kaliath legends & folk storys

Postby Bamawing on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 pm

((I did always want to try something like this...))

There was once a rich young noble, the daughter of a powerful house. She had the best food, the best clothes, and even the best entertainment from many talented slaves and servants. But somehow, she was not happy.

"I must go," she decided, "and seek out what is missing in my life. For something must be missing, although I don't know what it might be." So she packed her fine clothes and fine foods, kissed her family good-bye, and set out to seek the Wise Women.

She first spoke to the Wise Woman of Bone, who studdied the innermost structure of things. "I am unhappy with my life for some reason," she said.

The Wise Woman of Bone nodded and asked "what is your most desperate, heart's desire?"

"I... do not know," said the noble.

"Seek out your heart's desire, and you will be happy," replied the Wise Woman of Bone.

The noble thought for several days, but could come up with no answer. So she went to the Wise Woman of Muscle. "I am seeking my heart's desire," she said, "although I do not know what it is."

The Wise Woman of Muscle was impressed. "Continue searching," she said. "Those who actively seek something will find it."

The noble looked all over her home and her lands. She traveled the city, looking for things she desired. She spent weeks looking, but she could find nothing that truly made her happy.

Dissapointed, she traveled to the Wise Woman of Breath. The Wise Woman of Breath looked at her kindly and said, "You have been seeking for things outside. You must look within yourself to find your heart's desire."

The noble meditated on these words for months. She learned what she liked and what she loved. She learned what she could tolerate and what she hated. But she could not learn the secret of her heart's desire.

So she visited the Wise Woman of Blood. She told her story, and the Wise Woman of Blood smiled. "You must be patient, and live a life of honor," the Wise Woman of Blood replied. "The answer will come on its own, when you least expect it."

So the noblewoman returned to her home. She helped her mother raise children, studied history, and learned beautiful music. She even had a daughter of her own, and raised her to adulthood. Yet there was still a nagging feeling. Still there was something missing.

So after years of patience, she began her search again. There was only one Wise Woman she had not seen, the Wise Woman of Will. She was the oldest of the Wise Women. Simply walking to her home filled the noble with peace. She raised her hand to knock at the door, but the door opened before her knuckles could rap.

"Come in!" exclaimed the Wise Woman of Will. So many start the journey, and so few finish it. I have waited long for a sister."

And the noblewoman was happy.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 am

I love this :D you did a superb job ! it makes mine look like chicken scatch XD but just you wait , my next vesion will blow you all outta the water!!!!
but relly it was awful good if i had to rank the storys based soley if i like them or not , so far yours would be the best.

though kirio's is close beind im not sure if i like hers better *hmmm* prehaphs its my dislike of that fairy that makes my mind !

and yours Hetros gave my ideal for mine if i have to be honest :w i like the ideal how it sounds so much like something one of the surviveing dark elfs would be telling felled with sorrow and remorse for thier home land , i tryed to capture that but i epicly failed...to meny (...) XD

p.s. bramming im puting your story in my fraction thread as well good work from you all thanks for participating !
Last edited by waffleferret on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am

:) I'm glad you like it. :)
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:45 pm

i fixed the first sentence if you had no ideal what i was trying to spell ^^; oh and i posted your story up in Ti'sora'naque also :D
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Next

Return to The Theatre